It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Control Study -Participate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I want to start a study, if anyone wishes to participate and MODs willing.. lol

I'm sure a lot of people here have noticed one time or another where they felt as if (while looking at a clock) they felt as though the clock broke or had froze.
Now What I want to do is have you people (fellow ATS'ers) try to do this yourself.
Okay, first.. Participants please try both methods for more accurate data

Digital Clocks First
1: First try with random times on digital clocks, (random numbers being non pattern numbers/Pattern Numbers: 12:34, or 9:11, or 11:11 etc)
2: Second try with Patterned Numbers like 12:34, or 9:11, or 11:11 etc.
3: Try while both concentrating (looking at the clock) and not concentrating / record results seperate
4: Try while concentrating but also concentrating on an unrelated event.

Now Just repeat the above for Analog Clocks...

If anyone has anything else they would like to add to the experiment please comment....

I hope this really works it would be interesting to find out when or how time is effected(affected?) with the mind.... or in the mind... or if we can project our wishes.

The idea here participants is to see if you can make a minute last longer, or seem like it lasts longer, or last shorter... in either case, because I'm sure we've all sensed this phenomenon.....

For your RESULTS... Write them down accordingly

Step 1 'Random Numbers'
Write the random time after or before (but don't change to before if you used after and vise versa)
then write down what method you used and what the results were, use estimations obviously and indicate how long you felt that moment lasted, and its feelings and your thoughts... shortened to make it easier to read.
Now, go into detail as to why you felt time was altered, why and then answer perhaps how, create numerous theories/explanations.
Limit your study to a select few numbers so its easier to do both analog and digital.

I'm also going to participate... I'll update later.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
that sounds like a very interesting experiment to make, although i don't think that the results would be very spectacular.
Good luck

join