It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Who Won't Have A Merry Christmas

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Night Star, thank you for always showing compassion and care here. It never goes unnoticed. My Christmas was all set to be merry until I found out 2 days ago that my beloved pet is dying and tomorrow I am having him put down. I know it's for his best I would never allow him to suffer for my own emotional needs.

I just want you to know that I appreciate your kind and compassionate heart, thank you and have a very Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kloejen
Beautiful gesture. Many people "celebrate" the holidays, each in their own way. As you say, some are alone, and some are are with family, friends.
Some are with family and friends, but still feel alone.

Make it a difference. Hope we all have some fun these days, and will try harder next year. As we always do ?

Relax, the sun will be back in 2½ days, rising... rising - bringing summer, warmth and happiness!

Thanks Chaplin!

Wonderful video and lyrics.
Thanks

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 2manyholes

Oh I am so sorry to hear your beloved pet is dying. My Sister just had to put her 19 and a half year old cat down last week. I myself have lost many beloved pets through these long years. It is gut wrenching I know. My heart goes out to you.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

It`s already long time ago and I`m not depressed anymore around that time.

I have had skiing holidays with big groups of friends round this time also since then and have enjoyed myself greatly. When my friend brought my buddy today he invited my for a party at 10 January and I will get being visited third Christmas day also, and will be invited at new years evening parties again.

To me it doesn`t matter...I get enough party invitations all trough the year and invitations to visit.

HUGS back at you !
edit on 21 12 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Very happy to hear that!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thank you Night Star. So far, the holidays have sucked, but I'm keeping a positive attitude, and I'm sure I'll be poking around here on the 24th and the 25th.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Thanks Night Star for your kind words,
and wish you and and all at ATS A Merry Christmas and hope the New Year will bring us all the much needed Cheer

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Night Star thank you so much. Of course I"m crying like a baby after reading your reply of the Rainbow Bridge but it's all good, I know he's going to be in a much better place. He too is a cat and he's 13, but male cats do not do good with diabetes. My asthmatic cat lived to be almost 19.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I'll be here with you on Christmas eve. I'm not sure what time I'll be popping in on Christmas day yet.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: HighStranger

Merry Christmas to you as well!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2manyholes

Night Star thank you so much. Of course I"m crying like a baby after reading your reply of the Rainbow Bridge but it's all good, I know he's going to be in a much better place. He too is a cat and he's 13, but male cats do not do good with diabetes. My asthmatic cat lived to be almost 19.

I had a gorgeous male Himalayan cat who was 19 when I lost him. Your cat lived a very long and I'm sure happy life filled with love. I too believe that my pets have gone on to a better place. I also believe that we will meet again. Maybe for Christmas you could light a little red candle for him. Depending on where you live and the weather, maybe plant something in his honor.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
In case anyone wants a good film to watch on Christmas...

'The Perfect Gift' is awesome.
Backup link without the subtitles and watchable full screen: www.itbn.org...

An Amazon review I just read said that it deserves 10 stars and I agree, it's that good.

This is a wonderful Christmas film that will encourage people to look at the real definition of Christmas and the reason we celebrate this time of the year. Like so many other Jefferson Moore movies, this one is truly enjoyable for the entire family. Max is a young girl who just happens to have a birthday on the same day that Jesus was born, but she does not like it. She also is not happy that her school assignment is to write about Christmas.

As Jes helps Max with her essay, he also helps the community, her mother and the assistant minister see how important God's perfect gift to us was, the gift of love. It also takes a look at what is happening in the world today at this very special holiday season. That Christmas is a time for kindness and love, not gifts and shopping. And that people need to stand up for what they believe in and not let others that do not believe bully us in hiding the real reason we celebrate Christmas.

The Perfect Gift

Most Helpful Customer Reviews
66 of 67 people found the following review helpful
The Truth About Christmas

This movie is absolutely wonderful! If you have spoiled your children the way the world says is ok to do, you and your kids have to watch this movie. This little girl has the biggest attitude because she has been reduced to living like normal people, and she doesn't know how to handle it until she's introduced to Jesus Christ, incognito, known as Jess. To make a long story short, after spending a very short time with "Jess", the little girl's attitude disappears and her character has done a 180. Now that's the power of Jesus, live and in action. Every family must see this movie. It deserves 10 stars, but Amazon doesn't go up that far.

www.amazon.com...

It would be like if the whole world threw you a birthday party, and you were the only one they made sure wasn't invited.

The Perfect Gift (2009) - Quotes - IMDb

"There Are 2 Prequels to this film, The Perfect Stranger & Another Perfect Stranger! What if the world threw you a birthday party...and you weren't invited? A spoiled schoolgirl, her overworked executive mother and a disillusioned young minister each receives an uplifting message about friendship, commitment, and the truest meaning of Christmas from a friendly but mysterious drifter named Jess."

parables.tv...

edit on 21-12-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

That looks like an awesome movie! I'm going to watch it tomorrow! Thanks so much for sharing that!!

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Thank you Nightstar! I wish you and your family a wonderful time of year. Xmas can be a rough time for some people, but I'm lucky this year as we will have a family around us.

Oh, by the way, only because this is a conspiracy site, I have to let you know those damn adorable baby owls on your op pic are actually fake! They are little brooches and you can buy them here.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Lovely thread Night. I will be alone on Christmas, as I have been for years now. This year I actually am not depressed, all my health issues this past year have left me grateful to be here, it could easily have gone the other way. Counting blessings is way more fun!!

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
What a lovely thread Night Star...you are a beautiful loving soul! *hugs*

I have had some horrible Christmases in the past, separated from everyone I love...alone and oh-so sad.

If anyone needs companionship this year, I urge you to visit "The Shed 2" thread. It is filled with my international adopted family, and they/we will welcome you with open arms.

A new year will be starting soon...my only wish is that we ALL have better days ahead.

Love to you all,
jacygirl xoxo

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

Wow, they look so real! Someone is very talented. What the hell language was that? LOL If you wouldn't have told me, I would have never known. I wish you and your family a wonderful time of year as well!

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

I too am grateful to be here as my mammogram this year , though benign, showed something that needs a closer watch. Sigh...

Still...I plan on having a wonderful Christmas.

I'm glad you aren't depressed and you can hang out in here on Christmas eve and day. Hugs!

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Jacy my dear friend, thank you for your kind words and stopping by!

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and everyone else........................you rock Night Star keep up the good works.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join