It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else have severe night terrors?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

I do not have recurring dreams, Accept for the one that I am in public with my underwear on lol My ordinary dreams do seem to end abruptly then a new dream starts, I swear I have way more different dreams a night than I should.

Everyone has self esteem dreams (being nekid in public). That was funny.

I can see you would rather not talk about dreams here and that is wise. I was trying to get a feel for what your ordinary dreams are like. Like, do you run from something? Are you in a dark place or labyrinth being chased by "something"?

That kind of thing.

This issue with might terrors is pretty serious if it keeps recurring, don't down play that, do seek some help for it. I can't recommend someone or institution personally, it has to be someone you develop trust with to begin sharing and opening up.

Someone recommended a sleep study, thats a good idea. They can at least start getting to the bottom and recommend further courses of action.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

When I was a child, (age 4-7) I suffered night terrors. Apparantly, there would be times where I seemed wide awake however, my eyes had a glazed over kind of look and my mum said I was like in a trance-state. (Still asleep but consciously awake). I would leap in a single bound onto cupboards, table and chairs bouncing around like some freak animal. My mum could only just observe closely, to make sure I didn't hurt myself and once it was over or calming down, she would slowly approach me, with a soft tone, speaking my name and guide me back to bed.. This would occur about 3 time a week for the whole 4 years. Until as quickly as it started, it ended.

Now, fast forward many, many years, I am turning 40 next year, I had a brief return of these same terrors that only lasted twice. Minus the climbing and bounding as a child, I would only just be screaming and wailing about in bed, so hysterically that my husband just tries to wait it out and when my actions die down, he then softly comforts me back to sleep. Thank goodness I cannont remember these events.

Just thought I would share my experiences. Peace, Love and Light.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I'd keep a diary next to the bed and set the alarm for a certain time at night and immediately write down the dream as soon as you awaken and then go back to sleep. Note that vitamin deficiencies can lead to depression symptoms including nightmares. So it might have physical cause.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Great Idea! to have a notepad and pen beside the bed, just incase you wake and can recall some of your dreams. Many thanks for that, I am going to get it sorted as of tonight for myself.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Shepard i am also 23 and my last name is spelled Shephard and i have been experiencing the same things without the screaming i just run into the bathroom heart pounding trying to catch my breath and throw water on my face other nights i desparately run for sink water anyways i know its been a while since you discussed this i just wanted an update on how you are doing as i just read this and its almot 2/3 of 2015 now one question i wanted to ask you is if youve tried sleeping with lights on?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Shepard i am also 23 and my last name is spelled Shephard and i have been experiencing the same things without the screaming i just run into the bathroom heart pounding trying to catch my breath and throw water on my face other nights i desparately run for sink water anyways i know its been a while since you discussed this i just wanted an update on how you are doing as i just read this and its almot 2/3 of 2015 now one question i wanted to ask you is if youve tried sleeping with lights on?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: azeridoon

it has been a while since this post and thanks for your interest. I am happy to report the night terrors have gone. Not sure what happened but they seem tho have stopped on there own. Although a certain substance I smoke before bed could have something to do with it. I have not tried the lights off but I could see that working because that would eliminate that confused scarred feeling of not really knowing where I am.

<< 1   >>

join