It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunscreen does not protect against deadliest skin cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is not the first article/study I have read about sunscreen not doing all that most people think it does..
I am outside everyday and I wear a floppy hat when playing golf to keep the sun off the tips of my ears..

Even SPF 50 sunscreen does not stop UV rays penetrating the skin and damaging the body's natural defence against skin cancer, scientists have found

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Is this what they are saying now to cover for the 'new' fly in the ointment? How can incidences of skin cancer be on the rise if the miasma from contrails is blocking the Sun more than ever?

Fukushima is still there the stuff is still getting out into the environment.

Sun block won't block radioactive contamination from landing on your skin.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You'll need to get a used space suit for playing golf. It will help protect you from getting bird flu from the birdie too.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I figure that if I'm going to be radiated, I'll at least get my vitamin D by avoiding commercial sunscreens.
Plus I'm in the north, so sun exposure in moderation without sunscreen is needed.

Some of the ingredients in some sunscreens sound a little more scary than safe.....

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

This, seriously. I'm really sick of the attitude of 'If you spend any time in the sun you should put on sunscreen.' I'm not saying we should sunbathe, but we are designed to derive a vitamin in response to sunlight. I think this is an area where one should try to achieve hormesis.
edit on 17-12-2014 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: framedragged

I live on a small acreage, and mow my lawn with a lawn tractor. Any time it's not sunny, the mosquitos are out.
So I mow in the mid afternoon sun. Daily exposure from the beginning of spring seems to ensure that I never burn.

The mosquitoes feel more dangerous than the suns rays...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

No doubt! A little bit of sunlight goes a long way for my psoriasis too!

Per capita mosquitos are literally the most dangerous animal on the planet.

I mean, that doesn't really count in most first world areas, but it's worth keeping in mind imo.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: framedragged

One thing i do put on sometimes is a combination of Aloe Vera gel, Neem oil, and coconut oil.
Bugs don't like it, and it seems good for the skin. The hot sun is very drying
For psoriasis you'd have to try a test spot, but it might be good for it.

new topics

top topics

join