It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress To Sell Ancesterial Apache Lands To Chinese interests.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
This is disgusting. Once again Congress proves that Nothing is Sacred to them.
What can we do to stop this? Count me in

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IncognitoGhostman
a reply to: Spider879

You have to ask yourself this question first!

How can the US Government sell land from a sovereign nation? It is not the USA, it is a sovereign land belonging to the Apache Nation.

The answer is the same way they can do this to the States. They were separate sovereign nations before the Civil War until the Federal government defeated the States.

Because we allow them.

If this isn't a reason for "all" the people to say !NO!

If we allow this we might as well kiss America goodbye.

Don't worry about that bug out bag. You won't need it where you are going.

They have to start somewhere. Be patient. They "are" coming for you.

The illusion that you own anything is just that, an illusion.

They own everthing. Including you.

This is what you are buying into and your time is running out.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This was a House amendment to the NDAA, and is called the "Southeast Arizona Land Exchange and Conservation Act of 2013 (H.R. 687)."

There is more at: San Carlos Apache Leader Seeks Senate Defeat of Copper Mine on Sacred Land

Arizona Sen. John McCain was one of the chief proponents for this amendment and has been a long-time supporter of this foreign mining entity.

The amendment was written by Rep. Paul Gosar, A. [R-AZ-4]. The text is available here: H.R.687 - Southeast Arizona Land Exchange and Conservation Act of 2013

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
As Blackmarketeer's link shows, the land is public land, not Native land.

No one is "taking" anything from the Natives here.

I at least hope there's a rich deposit of copper there. I own some shares of Billiton stock.

Harte

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Congress Raids Ancestral Native

American Lands With Defense Bil

WASHINGTON -- When Terry Rambler, the chairman of the San Carlos Apache Tribe, woke up Wednesday in Washington, D.C., it was to learn that Congress was deciding to give away a large part of his ancestral homeland to a foreign mining company.

Rambler came to the nation’s capital for the White House Tribal Nations Conference, an event described in a press announcement as an opportunity to engage the president, cabinet officials and the White House Council on Native American Affairs “on key issues facing tribes including respecting tribal sovereignty and upholding treaty and trust responsibilities,” among other things.

Rambler felt things got off to an unfortunate, if familiar, start when he learned that the House and Senate Armed Services Committee had decided to use the lame-duck session of Congress and the National Defense Authorization Act to give 2,400 acres of the Tonto National Forest in Arizona to a subsidiary of the Australian-English mining giant Rio Tinto.

“Of all people, Apaches and Indians should understand, because we’ve gone though this so many times in our history,” Rambler said.

Rambler knew there was a possibility that supporters of the move -- which failed twice on the House floor last year -- would slip the deal into the must-pass legislation, but aides and officials involved had declined to reveal it. Even Tuesday evening, when Republicans and Democrats on the House Armed Services Committee released summaries of the bill, the land deal was left out.

Rambler and other opponents couldn’t find out until late Tuesday night when the bill, named the “Carl Levin and Howard P. ‘Buck’ McKeon National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2015” (after the retiring Senate and House committee chairmen), was finally posted online. The news that Apache burial, medicinal and ceremonial grounds would be given to Resolution Copper, a subsidiary of Rio Tinto and BHP Billiton, was on page 1,105.

“The first thing I thought about was not really today, but 50 years from now, probably after my time, if this land exchange bill goes through, the effects that my children and children’s children will be dealing with,” Rambler said in an interview.

The land includes territory where Apaches gather medicinal plants and acorns -- a food source that Rambler said has sustained his people for as long as they know. It also surrounds the Apache Leap, a summit from which trapped Apaches once jumped to their deaths rather than be killed by settlers in the late 1800s.

“Since time immemorial people have gone there. That’s part of our ancestral homeland," Rambler said, referring to the overall area in question. "We’ve had dancers in that area forever -- sunrise dancers -- and coming-of-age ceremonies for our young girls that become women. They’ll seal that off. They’ll seal us off from the acorn grounds, and the medicinal plants in the area, and our prayer areas.”

There are supposed to be two areas excluded from mining, including Apache Leap, but the bill specifies Resolution Copper can get permission in just 30 or 90 days to drill among the oaks.

Rio Tinto has pursued the deal for a decade, and it was apparently pushed into the NDAA largely thanks to Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.). It passed the House once in 2011, but when leaders brought it to the floor twice last year, they couldn’t find enough votes, and pulled it. Most Democrats opposed it and growing numbers of Republicans were concerned about how it was being conducted. To many, it looked like a sweetheart deal being made outside of the regular process of dealing with federal land. And some were unhappy that the prime beneficiary, Rio Tinto, also owns a uranium mine in Africa with Iran. Others worried that most of the copper will go to China, which owns 10 percent of Rio Tinto.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

l

klik for more.

Not more than a month ago I posted something similar about land grab in Tanzania where the government sell-out the locals for foreign interest ,if I thought that this would be unlikely in the States then Hah!

AMERICA IS, "FOR SALE". To the right buyer to strip it clean so that there is no natural resources left to have. at this point they will sell the land to the next buyer as sucker. Yeah you. to put a home on top of a sink hole to later fall into. That good ole sinking feeling. GET USE TO IT. Hey, BP. I have oil under my property, want to buy? I give to you for a cheap,cheap price of a cool 10 million.

Too many men, to many people making to many problems. LAND OF CONFUSION: Keep it commin boys.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join