It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate CIA Torture Report Released: "Mismanaged Dungeons"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
This isn't a left or right issue.

This is about our Government being FUBAR.

Our government is corrupt to the core. In SO many ways.

There is no fix without total reset.

And why now? What are we being steered away from?

Any time I see news like this on ALL the networks I have to look behind the curtain.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
NVM
edit on 9-12-2014 by Spiro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiro
NVM

Erm, it's available here.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I disagree.

Of course everything a Politician does is a political move...

But I don't think this was with elections or vote wins in mind...

If it was it would have been released 2 months ago just before the elections.

Even the most ardent Republican wouldn't think Democrats are that stupid in preparation.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

And why now? What are we being steered away from?

The Gruber testimony today.

Before that it was the 'race' wars in Ferguson, and NYC.

Last bit of real news was the potus's 'EO' on amnesty that has fallen by the wayside.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

yes, it's an excuse. 'we were mad as hell and someone was gonna suffer. anyone. everyone' childish minds at the helm of a war machine of it's own creation.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
A quick question. Most of this filth was committed right after 9-11, after the White House panicked. Which means that that waste of space Alberto Gonzales must have signed off on it. Whatever happened to that twit?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You're right in saying it didn't start with Bush. It's been going on for decades throughout Republican and Democrat Presidencies.

I call that a carefully crafted script to spin what ever narrative they wanted since no one at the CIA was interviewed, and neither were any of the 'victims'.

The 'victims' have been interviewed at length and appeared in Court to testify. Such evidence was enough for the European Court of Human Rights to charge Poland with allowing the CIA to use specific prisons to torture detainees. You can read about it in this Washington Post article.

CIA input was limited to unnamed ex-contractors so you're not wrong about the CIA saying nothing.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Psychologists James Elmer Mitchell and Bruce Jessen signed a deal during the period 2005 to 2008. The agreements were to provide services for $ 180 million to the CIA. These two are among the once who tortured Khalid Shiekh Mohammed and Abu Zubaydah.
Their handy work consisted of simulated drowning, called water torture or waterboarding, sleep deprevation. Electrical drill. dehydration do to being in a heated roomfor many days. sexual torture With broom stick and many other threats.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I think that everyone is getting a little carried away with the scope of this. Yes mistakes were made, yes things were misreported and the torture was not necessarily a good thing.

However, this was committed by the Americans, the same people releasing this report. Maybe change is on the horizon. This should be a good thing that the truth (possibly who knows) is being offered up to some degree. At the end of the day we as the people have to take a LARGE portion of responsibility as we did nothing to stop it even though WE KNEW this was going on.

No one can deny we didn't know. But people seem more concerned with Police brutality (where were the riots for the GITMO and rendition detainees???? Seems like the riot for one thug killed by police in Ferguson garnered more attention worldwide than the abuse of Islamic prisoners.

We as people mentally justified the treatment of these people because to some degree we agreed "an eye for an eye"

This kind of treatment has been going on for centuries and all of a sudden we are up in arms about it? Is it wrong to treat potential terrorists like this? I don't know...what I do know is that we need to be SURE we have the right people in detention in the first place....that we did not do so well!!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
look at this revolting bitch trying to spin the story. non-human right there folks.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Wow.

And Fox claims to be balanced and fair?

They all pretty much just said this should be swept under the rug!

The Woman in the red dress was particularly vile.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Cue the US government apologists on here who blindly support the USA police state and CIA torture as it they think it "protects" them.

I know there are a rare few here that believe this, but I doubt you will find anyone who would actually supports this... Even on ATS.

Of course sometimes I am amazed at the level of stupid that is all around us...

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If 'Enhanced Interrogation Techniques' are OK for the CIA and their 'contractors' to use, how much of a step is it to give the same leeway to the Justice System?

Just asking...

A goose and gander question.

edit on 9/12/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 9-12-2014 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I think it's often overlooked that these torture methods are known to illicit false confessions.... It seems this false war needed false confessions to further justify the actions taken.

If you were intent on invading Iraq no matter what, based on false Intel, I imagine a few false confessions supporting your cause might help sell the lie.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If something as horrible as knowingly detaining and torturing innocents is in the report... wtf did they take out?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
If something as horrible as knowingly detaining and torturing innocents is in the report... wtf did they take out?

Only that which was deemed too sensitive for public disclosure. You know, like the kind of stuff that could implicate people currently in office, etc.

Just a guess.... Opinion only.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Just another fine example of how the US gov't and friends are all above the law. They lie and deny while perpetuating the so called war on terror.

DC and it's affiliates all need to be cleansed, but that'll never happen because they are above it all.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Actually this torture stuff DID start with Bush. Cheney, Rumsfeld and Gonzales to be exact.

Yes. Neo would LOVE to to make this either politically motivated or "nothing new" but unfortunately in this case, it did in fact start with Bush.

It should be noted that many detention centers including Gitmo resisted the requests to start torturing. They also questioned the legalities, creating a game of tag between Gitmo lawyers and Alberto Gonzales... But in the end Bush made it legal by renaming torture to Enhanced Interrogation.

Accept it. Own it.

edit on 9-12-2014 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join