It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there an identifiable evolutionary trend to world religions?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllyofHumanity9220
a reply to: ABeing

If I really wanted to spend the next few weeks with my nose in ancient theological texts I would not have posted this

As it stands, I am more interested in hearing from those who themselves have pondered this question, or who have unique perspectives and insights regarding specific faith traditions.

It is fine to use these forums as a starting point but they should generally be used to bring info which you have researched yourself along with your sources. instead of just asking others to do the work for you and say you are not interested in research yourself.

The whole point of this place and knowledge in general is finding it for yourself. You will never understand the info if you do not go on the journey of discovery yourself.

All of the worlds religions have been studied and traced back to their respective origins ad nauseum. A simple google search away. Then you could build your own model and present it here for us to peruse.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AllyofHumanity9220

I dont know if I would say evolutionary, but I do see a trend of consolidation. It seems that there are agents in each religion working hard to blur the lines, and graft each individual sect into one big unitarian religion.

As a Christian, I stick to the gospel: Believe that Jesus died for our sins, and you will be saved. Jesus warned us about false christs and world religion.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The Abrahamic faiths certainly seem to all follow the same pattern. Founding, proliferation, genocide, revolution, then maintenance until dissolution.

Judaism -
- Founded with Abraham
- Proliferated throughout the land
- Committed genocide and exiled unbelievers for centuries
- Revolution around the founding of Christianity
- Currently seeming to have survived the maintenance mode and will ride it out until dissolution

Christianity -
- Founded by Jesus (or at least his followers)
- Proliferated throughout the land following his death
- After becoming intermingled with nationhood, became a tool for genocide and displacement for centuries
- Revolution happened in a scattered manner with several movements and reformations
- Still in the maintenance state and not quite into the dissolution mode

Islam -
- Founded by Muhammad
- Proliferated throughout Europe and Asia
- In response to conventional secular war, followed suit of Christianity and began genocide
- While still not quite out of genocide phase among the extreme members, it's already in the revolution stage
- Being founded long after Judaism and Christianity, the maintenance stage has yet to be reached.

All in all, they all have followed pretty much the same path. Islam seems so radical to Christians and Jews because they forget their own roots. Muslim extremists would be indistinguishable from Christians of the past.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllyofHumanity9220
a reply to: intrptr

Very good insight, thank you! As a student of Knowledge, I am in agreement with you that the path lies within, although the world certainly has a lot to teach in its demonstrations and manifestations…

Absolutely. I was addressing that first part you stated…

Mostly people claim their religion is the one true religion, or that they follow the absolute truth and everyone else is being mislead,…

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
In every religions people discuss the light, kundalini, prana, chi or "energized state" depending on what word and voculabury they have. I would seek that by experience instead of religion to get information/awareness/understanding direct from source.

Now days it is hard to not turn on the radio for an hour and not hear a song with spiritual undertones talking about being awoken/radioactive/burning (energized state)

Imagine Dragons - Radioactive

Alicia Keys - Girl on Fire

(Strange could not find embeded You tube anymore. Maybe ATS have gotten tired of the discuss this video threads that keep appearing.)

Interesting times we live in.

Namaste
edit on 8-12-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I tend to dismiss those as emotional, rather than spiritual...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

its weird but if you go and look it up china or asais first religion is the story of jahovah or yhwh.
whats coming is the nwo new world order one world religion lol '
and being that this is my first few post i will say i wasnt raised in a church aunt an uncle that raised me from 7 till 16 sent me to church few times lol

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I sure as buggery hope not, theres too much bible bashing on this website as it is. Religion is the oldest form of mind control there is.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

Religion has been abused and used as a tool by those with political agendas, true. I do not advocate for using beliefs as a way of separating oneself from others. I do not mean that theologies are absolute truths. What I was thinking was something more along the lines of a natural, inherent tendency within sentient life to express something of a spiritual nature, something that comes from within, not form without.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
More like Devolution .. as religion holds humanity back from growing as a species .. its a tool of oppression and control to justify mass murder over whose figment of the imagination is stronger .. as long as humans follow the primitive .. barbaric superstition called religion they will remain nothing more than savages.
edit on 9/12/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777
a reply to: boymonkey74
its weird but if you go and look it up china or asais first religion is the story of jahovah or yhwh.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

you are not incorrect in that but I myself choose to have nothing to do with religieon for the reasons I alluded to in the earler post

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: learnatic

True but i find that most people that go to church have never read the bible... like almost none at all only the old women do.
Most people in a church couldnt even tell you the third book.
And the people who say they dont belive in god and dont go to church they have never read his book either.
So at least those people are smart they are not going to belive in something they have never even read about.
So dont go to church..........But read your bible there are some good rules and instructions to have a happy healthy life in there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join