It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush to Republicans: Don’t just oppose Obama — lead like adults

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Republicans need to take advantage of their majority in the U.S. Congress to pass bills rather than simply opposing Democratic President Barack Obama’s priorities, potential presidential candidate Jeb Bush said on Monday.

Republicans last month trounced Democrats to win control of the Senate and extend their majority in the House, as exit polls showed Americans were fed up with partisan gridlock in Washington.

“Republicans need to show they’re not just against things, that they’re for a bunch of things,” said Bush, 61, a former two-term governor of Florida who is considering entering the Republican presidential nomination race for 2016.

I'm not a big fan of the Bush family but if positive talk like this keeps up, I might change my mind, especially where Jeb is concerned.
Moderate Gop's probably won't win favor with the Christian right and will more than likely thwart any presidential aspirations Jeb might have.

Bush said he would decide in “short order” whether he would run for president in 2016, adding he was still weighing whether the sacrifice his family would have to make would be worth it.

“It’s the same decision-making process that I’ve always had, which is … do I have the skills to do it in a way that tries to lift people’s spirits, and not get sucked into the vortex,” he said.

Smart money's on the vortex, but I'd like to see Jeb give it a shot anyway.

edit on 2-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

While I couldn't agree more with Jeb that the GOP should be doing something, ANYTHING, besides fighting Obama every step of the way for the past 6 years and the coming 2 years, I can't be supportive of him because of his positions On The Issues. The GOP's legacy of "no" will follow them forever unless they start taking some positive action.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

The GOP's legacy of "no" will follow them forever unless they start taking some positive action.

There isn't anything wrong with saying 'no' to bad ideas.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Unless your doing it to [snip] block while making no attempt to do the job you were elected to do.
a reply to: Metallicus

edit on 12/2/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hey. Why does Jeb get a thread? I've been saying this forever.
Propose important legislation. Let Obama sign it or veto it. Put the onus on the WH. Don't just sit back to lob and volley. Tennis is so boring.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
There won`t be any leadership for the next 2 years we`ll have a lame duck government.
The republicans will pass laws and Obama will veto them and since they don`t have the votes to overide a veto nothing will get done. The worst part is that they will all continue getting paid for accomplishing nothing that will help the country.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12 I know I like the idea of a bold Republican led Congress. However, I see a huge problem with the Republicans in Congress. First they do not know how to be bold. Second Congressman John Boehner has no guts. He does not know how to lead. He likes it just as it is. Which is typical for a career politician. He is just way to soft.

join