It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Veena Malik has expressed her anger and disbelief after she was handed a 26-year jail term by a Pakistani anti-terrorism court for ‘malicious acts’ of blasphemy.

Her crime? Appearing in a pretend wedding scene, staged on a daytime show broadcast by Geo TV and based on the marriage of the Prophet Mohamed’s daughter.

The programme sparked a wave of controversy in the Islamic country when it aired in May, despite the fact similar scenes had been aired in the past to little or no such public outrage. Some even apparently suspected that Pakistan’s military were behind the mock wedding, and that it was put on in a bid to wage a blasphemy war against the broadcaster.

She is not the only one, in total 104 years combined in prison have been given to her, her husband and others involve.

Bollywood actress Veena Malik sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy after appearing in mock TV wedding scene

She may not have to really do the time, for umm reasons...

The court order will be enforced in the city of Gilgit, of which control is shared between Pakistan and also sits in the India-claimed Kashmir region. As such, it is not considered a proper province by Pakistan, meaning that any verdicts delivered by its courts do not apply to the rest of the county.

But come on what is wrong with this people, no offense but they really have to come out of the dark ages and get at least to a 1800ish level, you are holding back the world. 26 years for performing a role, by an actress not even living in your country

I guess any kind of publicity is good publicity is the only thing they could possible have in mind to do this in my opinion; things like this actually make the crappy western countries look like beacons of freedom... For now, we may be getting there soon

But hey look at the bright side, they have nukes.... God we are doomed

Perhaps you should stop caring about this super important problems and pay a little more attention to the not so important ones, you know like the polio epidemic ravaging your country...

This must be a plot from the new world order so we get conformist thoughts, hey my country is becoming a totalitarian crap hole, yeah but at least is not Pakistan (or any other of the hellholes in the region)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Indigent
But come on what is wrong with this people, ...

Being stuck in a bronze age mentality is what is wrong. Lock people up for their entire lifetime because they don't believe the same way you do, and all the while ignore the diseases and illiteracy running rampant in the country. Brilliant ... NOT!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
what a beautiful and diverse culture!

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

You hit it on the head, pakistan has a nuclear deterrent. What most don'[t realise is that were a country like Saudi Arabia to suddenly want to use a nuclear weapon they would simply buy it from pakistan. That is just one reason why pakistan is a very dangerous country.

The other reason is the fundamentalist individual it exports to the rest of the world, many creep in through arranged marriages to girls in the west.

ISIS has been recruiting heavily from pakistan and that should say it all about this islamic country. They are fine with rape and murder b ut anything non islamic is not ok. I hope the young actress tells them where to get over themselves.Pakistan is a failed c ountry dependent of aid which it should be be given unless it gets rid of its nuclear weapons. The gulf between India and pakistan is unbelievable and Pakistan should really be further on in every aspect other than weapon making.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

How can any level headed person with a normal IQ even consider believing in this religion? A lot of what they do and believe in goes against any kind of Christ like teachings. I view the people who follow this religion like sheep following each other off a cliff.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Allah sucks

gee I wonder what my sentence will end up being now that I have blasphemed the Supreme Allah? I hope some of you bastards will remember me and break me out of prison.

(true: if the Allah lovers see what I have written, I could end up like Salmon Rushdie)

better remove my post for my own protection .... lol

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

The religion is not really the problem, not too long ago people were killing witches in the name of Christianity, its more the 600+ years old mentality not being secular states.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

i will break you out of prison if there is wine to be had!
and i'll bring crayons, we can draw the prophet's face all over the walls of the prison before running out just for sh!t and giggles

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

It's disgusting and barbaric, and the western nations will take affirmative action to stop these acts of injustice.

Sorry, that applies to ISIS. Pakistan, you are free to go due to lack of interest.

It boggles the mind how the actions of the Pakistani PTB go unnoticed year after year. Everywhere else seems to garner scrutiny but what happens in Pakistan seems to stay in Pakistan.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Oh ye everybody wants "gods" law in their country dont we!?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

How can any level headed person with a normal IQ even consider believing in this religion? A lot of what they do and believe in goes against any kind of Christ like teachings. I view the people who follow this religion like sheep following each other off a cliff.

The problem is they have no choice. A large segment of humanity is handed over to fascist theocracy extremely violent people who perform MKultra type abuses on the kids from infancy onwards, to produce sociopathy and aggression. I've read things that are done to male infants that would be done to sexualize them and then with the violence make them aggressive, and it was written by military, was expecting to see it decried. But no, that side came on and tried to explain this away as natural and just as normal as contact given while changing diapers. So its really done by some.

Again, they have no choice. And the controllers are all endorsed and even set up by the Bankers and Bildenburg group. They are under a harsh regime and penalized brutally and corporally, in both floggings, stoning, dismemberment and death, and also systematically abused from childhood to create complete sociopathy and sexual aggressiveness on the parts of males in many cases. No choice, and no one works out how to dissolve the elites mismanagement system and how they've carved up these different livestock pens theyve created for different "cattle" as they see it. We need to step up to the plate, the so called free or at least free er ones, and do something to topple the corrupt power on top.

We the people need to find ways to become more effective in free countries in reigning in the pit bull elites and freeing all who live under fascism.

But how? Without being roped into sides in their fake wars, don't have a clue.
edit on 27-11-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: WeRpeons

The religion is not really the problem, not too long ago people were killing witches in the name of Christianity, its more the 600+ years old mentality not being secular states.

Sadly, in Africa, they still kill witches in the name of Christianity.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's bloody stupid and no mistake. Seeing as it's from the disputed province of Kashmir though, claimed by Pakistan and yet run by India as a state, and that the City in which this was passed is Pakistan Run and yet within a territory controlled by India, i smell a rat.

And in a brief few mins of "scanning some stuff" Ms Malik has a talent for ruffling Pakistani establishment feathers, and seems to live in Mumbai (ie: India) which is no doubt close to most of her work.

So a load of political hot air from Pakistan's more conservative element, passed on second hand by their lackeys in their little bit of Kashmir, designed never to be enacted (or indeed much risk to Ms Malik?) but more a shot across her bows as such, and an attempt by an isolated administration to appear relevant?

Would be good to hear a perspective from a member who knows more about the politics of the region.

a reply to: Klassified

Also South America iirc. Pesky Christians.

edit on 27-11-2014 by skalla because: typos etc

edit on 27-11-2014 by skalla because: clarity

edit on 27-11-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I wonder if they are best buds with this guy:

new topics

top topics

join