It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten of the Weirdest Drug Laws in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
1. It is illegal to inhale bus fumes with the intent of inducing euphoria. (New Hampshire)

2. It is illegal to operate a surfboard while on a hallucinogen. (Washington, DC)

3. It is illegal to sip your beer more than three consecutive times while standing. (Texas)

4. People in possession of illegal substances must pay taxes on them. (North Carolina)

5. It is illegal to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats and other domesticated animals. (Zion, Illinois)

6. No man may purchase alcohol without written permission from his wife. (Newtown, Pennsylvania)

7. It is illegal to sell laughing gas with the intent to induce laughter. (Indiana)

8. Beer at more than 3.2% ABV must be sold at room temperature. (Oklahoma)

9. It is illegal to force a monkey to smoke a cigarette. (South Bend, Indiana)

10. Riding a horse under the influence is punishable with a DUI. (Colorado)

www.substance.com...

We can only wonder at what these people were on when they were passing those laws especially number 6 on the list In Newtown, every man is required to have written consent from his wife in order to purchase alcohol.

Ok fess up how many laws have you broken on the above list or do you stay in one of those places listed

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

8. Beer at more than 3.2% ABV must be sold at room temperature. (Oklahoma)

Selling beer at room temperature should be a crime not a law.

5. It is illegal to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats and other domesticated animals. (Zion, Illinois)

That must have been one real weird event to actually need a law against it.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

All of AUSTRALIA agrees with you on that one

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Number 8 should be changed to:Beer with or less than 3.2% ABV may only be used for washing cars.

If number six was enforced here,I'd never be able to drink again...'er indoors HATES me drinking.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Guilty of 3 and six .I believe in Australia you can go for DUI while riding a horse . I believe years ago a man got charged with DUI in charge of a camel . Maree i think .

Coober pedy and it was dismissed .

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Most of them are weird, but a few actually make perfect sense.

8. This one makes sense, and a few of the comments posted here actually prove my theory as to why it's this way. Many of you think it's a crime to serve beer at room temperature. That tells me you love cold beer. So maybe this law is in effect in hopes to prevent people from buying potent beer, and drinking them immediately once they're outside(to prevent drunk driving and/or rowdiness). Maybe they hope it'll drive people to go home and cool them first.

10. A well trained horse follows the orders of it's rider. So it makes sense to give someone a DUI if they're drunk on a horse. Horses are big, and riding one drunk can be dangerous, cause property damage, harm others as well as harming the rider and their horse.
edit on 27-11-2014 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

Most of them are weird, but a few actually make perfect sense.

10. A well trained horse follows the orders of it's rider. So it makes sense to give someone a DUI if they're drunk on a horse. Horses are big, and riding one drunk can be dangerous, cause property damage, harm others as well as harming the rider and their horse.

I have to disagree with you on this one. Most of the older people/farmers I knew when I was a kid lamented the fact that horses are slowly being replaced not just by tractors but also by cars. They lamented the fact that they could no longer get drunk at the pub because of fear of accidents driving home. While in the "good old days" of their youth a drunk farmer was just helped on his horse or wagon and the creature would walk home and well the wive had to pull him into the house. What she said is a matter not to be discussed but most of them didn't "remember " it anyhow since they were too drunk.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Guilty of 3 and 6 as well and scratching my head as to how i can brake number 9 , i think a trip to the zoo is in order

top topics

join