It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleveland police officer shot Tamir Rice immediately after leaving moving patrol car

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

CLEVELAND, Ohio – A Cleveland police officer fatally shot Tamir Rice immediately after leaving his moving patrol car while his partner stayed at the wheel, surveillance video shows.

The video showed Wednesday by police captures the Saturday afternoon shooting at a West Side recreation center in which 12-year-old Rice was shot.

Video shows just that, as soon as the patrol door was open and he was out, he shot the kid. Absolutely no excuse for this, is this really how they train cops? Whatever happened to parking a distance away, getting behind the hood of the car, and giving a "suspect" a chance? I believe the BS story they gave was they gave him 3 orders? Well, they musta been giving them 3 orders like an auction dude, while simultaneously opening the doors and drawing the gun. Or just lieing, and will change up that story now that they know it's on tape. Disgraceful. Cowardly. Unreal.

Source
edit on Wed, 26 Nov 2014 18:21:58 -0600 by TKDRL because: Link would help

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Have you actually watched the video yet ?

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FawnyKate
Yes, that's how I know he shot as soon as he was out of the cruiser.
Fast forward to around 7:05 if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

edit on Wed, 26 Nov 2014 18:42:08 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Just keep in mind that one heroic officer's life is worth 10 or more childs' lives. Apparently.

Why wasn't the officer firing a tazer instead of an actual gun? I understand that the officer probably felt very exposed as soon as he exited his vehicle, and felt that he was at risk of being fired on, but I think he must have known that while they approached in the vehicle and while he got out.

The focus should have been on containing and de-escalating the situation. What these cops did was escalating the situation like Willy Wonka's elevator out the glass roof.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Suicide by cop.
waves the gun all over.
gets bored and waits for cops.
cops drive up.
he takes gun Out. see video!
cop shoots him.
cop is scared poo less and falls over.

just go to the last bit.
all the first part is him walking about with gun out!

edit on 26-11-2014 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackTiger
Yeah, that was some dukes of hazzard # right there.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: buddha
It's a airsoft. And the cops could have done what they used to do, pull up giving a nice distance, get behind the hood, use the loud speaker, tell him to drop it on the floor. But no, they seen too many action movies or something.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Suicide should not be a service provided by the police. That goes double for a minor.

I would have thought that if police got a call about an armed 12 year old (iirc the officers were not informed of the possibility that the gun was fake), the FIRST thought should be, "There's probably some sort of disability or illness at play here, we're going to need to be EXTRA cautious, EXTRA understanding, and understand that we're going to be in EXTRA danger, because we NEED to not kill this possibly (probably) hurting kid."

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBlackTiger

(iirc the officers were not informed of the possibility that the gun was fake)

True. Dispatcher didn't pass that bit of info on. Guess it wasn't 'considered' important.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
When was the order to put his hands up made? Did they yell it from the car, because that door opened and the kid was immediately shot. Also I'm curious about the actual approach. When responding to a call about an individual with a gun why would anyone who isn't a complete moron drive right up next to that individual? They didn't pull into the parking lot, assess the situation and then respond accordingly. Instead, they pull up in the grass right next to the kid and shoot as the door opens.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

yaaaawn....
no excuse for this?
i have an excuse....scratch that,. i have a reason

the cops are there to protect the community. not just darwin junior.

said it about 20 times today
that was a very real looking gun he had

the first rule of gun safety is always assume the gun is loaded.

stray bullets can go through you know, people, windows, walls.
there are houses on all sides of that park. there were people in and around the park.

assume its real....so, give this kid more time to get a shot off

he was not playing army guy or playing cowboy.

he was walking around talking on his phone and pointing it at people.

sucks he had to die but as curtis blow once said, these are the breaks

every reason to pop that kid....he was not playing anything. he was pointing a very real looking gun. when the cops showed up he went for that very real looking gun.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
It's a airsoft. And the cops could have done what they used to do, pull up giving a nice distance, get behind the hood, use the loud speaker, tell him to drop it on the floor. But no, they seen too many action movies or something.

or, he could have listened and just put his hands up.
they would have approached, took possession of the gun, saw it was fake and then berate him for being a dumb ass and he would be alive.
he didnt. he's dead.

had that gun been real, who knows how many people could have got shot.

always assume the gun is loaded

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
In the last decade alone the number of people murdered by police has reached 5,000. The number of soldiers killed since the inception of the Iraq war, 4489.
Read more at thefreethoughtproject.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit
Listen to what? It's obvious he shot as soon as he was out the door. Are you telling me that it's possibly to give an audible and understandable command while you are opening your door and drawing your gun? I call bull#.
edit on Wed, 26 Nov 2014 19:51:26 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
idk about this one the befor actions are one thing ... iv been stoped to gunpoint befor for having a mohawlk on a friday night with a trentchcoat jaywalking long storie they let me go but full on gun for no reasion really but the cop stoped up from 30 feet away

im glad we got the whole tape

i dont particularly like cops wont say i hate them ether

do to me being on the fence on this

remove badges at the least the way they aproched the situation was right out of a war movie

i could not really see of nessesaraly reatch for the gun his hands where kinda down to bigin with the time was soo little whos to say his contius mind kicked in takes alot less for reactions than rational thought

i just dont know except the way the situation was engauged makes the cops in the wrong
you just dont come up on anyone like that and expect a good first 3 seconds to go whell

if i was in the kids position i may be dead armed or not it was so fast fight or flight would of kicked in

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL

Listen to what? It's obvious he shot as soon as he was out the door. Are you telling me that it's possibly to give an audible and understandable command while you are opening your door and drawing your gun? I call bull#.

first, how do you know he shot as soon as he was out the door?
i just watched it again. its all grainy and #. you cant see a muzzle flash.

when the car pulled up one cop went to the back of the car and one to the front....both had guns drawn. the one in front got real close to the car and then took a wide circle, still with the gun pointed. dude in the back was still pointing his.

you dont know he shot as soon as he got out.

im not saying it was a long as time but im also saying i dont think it was right away...not by how they were moving.

believe what you want.....youve got your mind made up on this situation...

keep fueling the fire....

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

first, how do you know he shot as soon as he was out the door?

because as soon as the door opens the kids drops like a bag of ##....either he was shot of he was complying...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Yeah, that much is clear as day. He is either shot as soon as he is out of the car, or those cops have an even larger problem of shooting a kid on the ground......

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

yep either way it does not look good for those cops...in fact worse if they shot him while on the ground

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
yea from the bad video

seems to me he droped maby 2 seconds after they got out

so shot on the ground or as they got out

not so good ether way

but why drive up on him like that

lets assume i mean reall assume everything from hear on is hypethedical

they rolled up so fast much like a gang member would do
jumped right outa the car also like a gang member
he than retched for his only hope thinking it was a gang member
and gets shot