It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Claiming To Be Former NASA Employee Says She Saw Humans Walking On Mars In 1979

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jchristopher5
As the OP said this allegation is consistent with other theories on the subject.

Ben Rich said that we had a secret space program, locked up so deep that it would never see the light of day, capable of traveling to the stars.

There have also been a number of anamolies from Mars surface and above surface photography which are not easy to explain.

Not claiming the lady is telling the truth, but maybe she is. Star snd flag for an interesting subject.

Thing is, and I mean no harm, what you are saying above consolidates everything about Mars as being on Mars, anomalies and all.
From my perspective, a couple of guys dandering, 'over the horizon' scantily clad, says Arizona desert, and I don't believe that for a minute. But here's a look at a 2014 Mars suit, and it just screams 'Michelin Man', a description everybody knows, yet the caller is vague about what the suits looked like?

edit on 26-11-2014 by smurfy because: Picture.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
why would they bother sending a lander to mars if we already had people there?
wouldn`t that be a bit like making an outhouse if you already have indoor plumbing?

if Viking was actually a rover and not a lander then as an ex NASA employee she should know that it was and is a secret,so, when addressing the public why would she just assume that we know about this secret and refer to Viking as a rover and not a lander?
At the very least she should have divulged that secret before even commenting about the Viking.That`s a pretty important "detail" of the story,in fact that 'detail" is the lynchpin of the entire story and yet she doesn`t even mention it.
it`s like talking to someone from the 1800`s and explaining to them what a jet is but completely forgetting to mention that jets can fly.

if she forgot to mention that the lander was actually a rover then it makes me wonder what other important parts of the story she could be forgetting to mention.
edit on 26-11-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Since 2006 we had threads on the alleged secret space program, i wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be true.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Did anyone notice the martian landscape pic on the same page as the aritcle? Is this supposedly the same area where the "marsonauts" appeared?

The left edge of the image shows what appears to be standing muddy water. In fact the whole area looks like it just got rained on.

Just one more inconsistency in the story.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: samkent

2. They didn't have 'video' cameras on them. Slow scan still frames only.

You're right - I had forgotten that. I recall watching the picture build up in real time on TV, one scan line at a time, for the first image sent back. It seemed to take forever.

Back then we had no internet, there was no cable within a hundred miles of where I was, no cell phones. Digital watches were a brand new sensation, and cost about 600 bucks apiece for one that had nothing but time and date, and you had to push a button to get a display of that - in red LED segments. Satellite TV in individual households was unheard of - this was even before those dinosaur 9 foot dishes were all the rage.

Pictures from Mars, even though agonizingly slow, were some kind of arcane magic. Resolution, by today's standards, truly sucked - yet there it was, a line at a time... somewhat grainy pictures from the surface of another planet.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadoefax
Did anyone notice the martian landscape pic on the same page as the aritcle? Is this supposedly the same area where the "marsonauts" appeared?

The left edge of the image shows what appears to be standing muddy water. In fact the whole area looks like it just got rained on.

Just one more inconsistency in the story.

No. That image is from the Curiosity rover, not even the same general area as either of the Viking landers.

I have yet to listen to the audio, and the print story just mentions "Viking", not which one, so I can't say precisely just how far away the photo is.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
As mentioned before, the vikings (landers) had no "roving" capability.

Also, if I remember right, it had no video cameras, it had two still camera (for stereo photography) that worked in a similar fashion as a flatbed scanner (facsimile).

Viking lander cameras

Edit: I just noticed that this was previously mentioned by other users.
For those interested, the above link explains in more details the workings of the camera system.

edit on 26-11-2014 by SolidGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Not surprised by this in the least. Alot more than this is going on, things amazing, all over the solar system including black ops from our planet.

Savage Garden - To The Moon & Back (Extended Version)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jchristopher5
Ben Rich said that we had a secret space program, locked up so deep that it would never see the light of day, capable of traveling to the stars.

No he did not actually....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There have also been a number of anamolies from Mars surface and above surface photography which are not easy to explain.

Such as?
edit on 26-11-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
As much as I want to believe this I do not..

We were not on mars in 1979..

Why would we want to be there?

In essence there is really nothing for us there it is a dead planet, and After the 60's and early 70s government was tired of throwing money away on ego...

Sadly so to say we should be in space with the proper transportation system and exploring other worlds..

I think during world war 2, we killed to many intellects and actually hindered this ideal...

In all sincerity we have not had a breakthru in propulsion since the 20th century and once again that was discovered during world war 2..

We as a species have not really discovered anything monumental to help us understand this universe or transverse thru it since the 40's..

Sure it is up for debate, but we are still here on earth, with no way to get off of it if something catastrophic happened..

It is hard for me to give any credit to coast to coast...

That show has more questions then answers every time i listen to it..

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I though this was very interesting and reminded me of a video clip that I saw where astronaut Gene Cernan talked about how Edgar Mitchel is anxious to return to Mars. He referred to Mars a couple times actually. Maybe it was just a mistake, or, he slipped up, not realizing what he had said. youtu.be... reply to: Jchristopher5

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacegerm
I though this was very interesting and reminded me of a video clip that I saw where astronaut Gene Cernan talked about how Edgar Mitchel is anxious to return to Mars. He referred to Mars a couple times actually. Maybe it was just a mistake, or, he slipped up, not realizing what he had said. youtu.be... reply to: Jchristopher5

that'll be Gene talking about Buzz Aldrin.
To cap it all, neither the doctor or Buzz are likely to step aboard again anyway....but who knows?
edit on 26-11-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Aldrin yes , woopsi

a reply to: smurfy

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: nullafides

originally posted by: eriktheawful
I'm sorry, but this:

She said that while she was working, she saw two people walking across the Martian surface. She continued that she and six colleagues were watching the footage of the Viking rover moving around on multiple screens when she noticed two men in spacesuits walking to the Viking Explorer from the horizon. She added the men's suits looked protective but unlike what astronauts wore.

That's a restatement of what I was agreeing with....

Glad we agree though

NF

Viking was a lander.

Not a rover.

It was not able to "move around"

Maybe she misremembered?

Excellent point. Definitely a grain of salt to add to the overall taste of the soup.

Thanks!

NF

Well that, and the fact that there hasn't been a Viking "Explorer" sent by NASA. There were only Viking orbiters and Viking Landers... AFAIK.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
ADD -- SamKent and SolidGoal both preempted this point, correctly. I stand third. Attaboys, #1 and #2.

originally posted by: Tardacus

originally posted by: eriktheawful
I'm sorry, but this:

She said that while she was working, she saw two people walking across the Martian surface. She continued that she and six colleagues were watching the footage of the Viking rover moving around on multiple screens when she noticed two men in spacesuits walking to the Viking Explorer from the horizon. She added the men's suits looked protective but unlike what astronauts wore.

Viking was a lander.

Not a rover.

It was not able to "move around"

Maybe she misremembered?

yep, and that fact alone is proof enough to me that she never worked at NASA. In fact it kind of proves she doesn`t even know how to use google in order to get the facts of her story correct.

Even worse -- Viking never had a 'video feed' that would have shown figures in motion, there wasn't anything near the comm bandwidth in 1976 or even today.

The Viking imaging system was a slow-scan vertical-line photometer that clicked left-to-right painting one line every few seconds. Somebody walking would have been detected only by a single vertical streak if at all.

Proof: During a field test of the imaging system a few years before launch, the camera was used to take a group portrait of the imager team. Several of the team members appear in the group more than once. They did so by waiting until the vertical scans had passed their location, ducking down, and running to the end of the line to be captured again as the slow-scan photometer 'caught up' with them.

Prize goes to the first ATSer who can find and post that photo.
edit on 26-11-2014 by JimOberg because: credit update

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thanks for giving me something fun for me to wonder about on a yet another crappy Thanksgiving. NOT to drag anyone else downs with me though. IM SERIOUS. I just don't want to do another LOL....Damn.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well, at least it wasn't Donna Hare calling in with the latest memory update of seeing faked space imagery at NASA. Every few years, to get the same media attention, she has to spice up her story by 'remembering' new details on camera. The last quantum leap forward was last July with 'alien bases on the moon', and her recently-remembered MOON photo forgeries. Mars can't be far behind.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

The crazy alien ladies are the best.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ripcontrol

"Jackie" claims to have watched a video feed of 2 humans walking toward the Viking rover. Unfortunately, Viking missions did not have video feeds and they didn't have rovers. Each lander had a pair of fairly primitive (by today's standards) digitizing line scan cameras capable of capturing about 5 lines per second. The scanned images had to be stored in onboard memory and downlinked to Earth whenever Earth was in sight, when the radio dishes of the Deep Space Network had been scheduled, and when there was electrical power available. There was nothing like a real-time video feed.

This story is nonsense.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Interesting story, any corroborating evidence or testimony? Any at all?

Not to be rude but I remember one caller to C2C claiming that he was from an alternate universe where Star Trek was real...

Yeah Could Be Some what in a way from a Civ Type 2

Or maybe from a Galaxy Far Far Away a Civ Type 3 Looking Like Star Wars
Different Time existence Where Magic and Science Clash from time to time

I Say never the Impossible...

I don't play well with.... If We cant Do it Earthen's -- They Cant Do it Either ( ET's) Scenario!

All Because of the Laws of Earthen Physics and Our Binary Math... and our Way of thinking of Inter Dimensions

as Only Known in Our Isotope Signature of Our Solar System...

Who Knows what Lies Ahead in the Billions of Galaxy's just maybe Star Trek & Star Wars are Real somewhere in the vast Space of the Universe... Or Another Dimension or Inter dimension ( Think Tron/Legacy / 13th Floor ) and when You DO..... Think what Some Scientist Claim that We Humans... Live in a Hologram Universe ... Hell we Have Code in Our DNA Don't we ? even a 2nd Layer Recently Found that still is in need to be decoded ...

Tho we Need to Discover within Our Self First ... ANYHOW Back on Topic ... LOL

The Question Is Has Man Been to Mars already Some How some way before 1979 .. Or a Viking Lander Stunt in some Studio or Dessert .. a Capricorn One ( Movie ) Rehash ... ? Or 2 Vikings.. One on Mars & One on Earthen Simulated Mars .. just in case you know... they find something like Life or Aliens or Artificial Structures.. and have to revert to The Sim Mars On earth..

Lets have Another thought here...

Didn't Astronaut Cernan Slip Up about Buzz Aldrin wanting to GO BACK to Mars ?? on the Phaux NEWS Station
Tho just maybe he cont confused with mars with Moon yet he said it twice !

USA Already Went To Mars : Astronaut Gene Cernan
www.youtube.com...

( Hear the Conversation )
NASA Worker Sees Men Walk Over To Viking Lander On Mars
Monday, September 8, 2014 18:23
______beforeitsnews/alternative/2014/09/nasa-worker-sees-men-walk-over-to-viking-lander-on-mars-3025596.html

My Favorite from Coast to Coast Admitted Hoax :: but Something Strange Happened!!

From a prefabricated Caller ... a Guy Being Hysterical Claiming he's a former employee of Area 51 with a recent Med Discharge that ETS are coming to get all of Us and they are Dimensional Beings.. then he's cut off the Air
literately

Art Bell and the Area 51 Caller ( interesting )

By Rob Schwarz on September 7, 2013
www.strangerdimensions.com...

LOL

Yeah Art Gets some Strange Ones ... yet Art bell said strange Happenings from the Station.. from that Caller ..

Area 51 : The Frantic Caller
www.youtube.com...

So the Conclusion did The NSA Spy on to Cost To Coast every Word on Radio and They Used the Kill Switch
as this Hoax Caller got onto Something?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join