It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Claiming To Be Former NASA Employee Says She Saw Humans Walking On Mars In 1979

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ripcontrol

This is an awesome and intriguing find!

I'd like to ask you one thing though.... Is it possible you can stop saying "conspiracy theory" ? That term has been heaped with the awful smelling onus of being one that suggests we who consider it, or believe for that matter (which I believe is wrong, as none of us really have any proof).

It is a theory, and an excellently intriguing, thought provoking one at that....

NF

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jchristopher5
I am just saying that you don't throw out her claim, because of lack of evidence.

Why not? That seems like possibly the best reason of all to throw the claim right in the trash. If she comes up with some evidence later, fine. We dig it out of the trash. But until then, in it goes.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
I'm sorry, but this:

She said that while she was working, she saw two people walking across the Martian surface. She continued that she and six colleagues were watching the footage of the Viking rover moving around on multiple screens when she noticed two men in spacesuits walking to the Viking Explorer from the horizon. She added the men's suits looked protective but unlike what astronauts wore.

Viking was a lander.

Not a rover.

It was not able to "move around"

Maybe she misremembered?

Excellent point. Definitely a grain of salt to add to the overall taste of the soup.

Thanks!

NF

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

wow a third viking, mobile as well, with video. was it in 1080p as well?

edit on 26-11-2014 by suicideeddie because: spelling

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Interesting, if there are ruin's on mars it is not beyond conceivable that beneath the surface a civilization of some kind could potentially still survive, maybe they tracked the object and sent out two guy's to investigate it but if they looked human are they human and what would the implications actually be for modern anthropology and orthodox religion's the world over and what would that say of our own origin.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
there are currently 300,000 or more humans on mars and I believe it .. we've had lightspeed since the 70s or before that, it's very very very possible it's more unlikely we aren't on other planets

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

I'm sorry, but this:

She said that while she was working, she saw two people walking across the Martian surface. She continued that she and six colleagues were watching the footage of the Viking rover moving around on multiple screens when she noticed two men in spacesuits walking to the Viking Explorer from the horizon. She added the men's suits looked protective but unlike what astronauts wore.

Viking was a lander.

Not a rover.

Maybe she misremembered?

Excellent point. Definitely a grain of salt to add to the overall taste of the soup.

Thanks!

NF

Well that, and the fact that there hasn't been a Viking "Explorer" sent by NASA. There were only Viking orbiters and Viking Landers... AFAIK.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but this:

Viking was a lander.

Not a rover.

Maybe she misremembered?

yep, and that fact alone is proof enough to me that she never worked at NASA. In fact it kind of proves she doesn`t even know how to use google in order to get the facts of her story correct.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

I'm sorry, but this:

Viking was a lander.

Not a rover.

Maybe she misremembered?

yep, and that fact alone is proof enough to me that she never worked at NASA. In fact it kind of proves she doesn`t even know how to use google in order to get the facts of her story correct.

Hilarious. I was just admiring the engineering model of the Viking lander at the Smithsonian last week. Anyone who even bothered to look at the thing would know it wasn't a rover.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

As the OP said this allegation is consistent with other theories on the subject.

So if a bum on the street tells me he's Jesus, and shows me where he has scars on the palms of his hands, since that fits with the mythology, that makes his story more likely to be true.

The Romans hammered spikes through the writs to hold the persons arms to the cross beam, through the palms would just tear the hands apart, there was also a wooden 'washer' so the wrist would not work its way over the spike.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Not surprised that the source of this story has some extremely suspicious characters hiding behind it...

IBT Media’s corporate leadership site lists two cofounders: Etienne Uzac, the company’s CEO, and Johnathan Davis, its chief content officer. But some say that the company is actually controlled by—or at least has very close undisclosed ties to—someone whose name appears nowhere on the site: David Jang, a controversial Korean Christian preacher who has been accused of calling himself “Second Coming Christ.”

But if Mr. Jang does control IBT, The Christian Post, and now Newsweek, he seems to be following in the footsteps of another wealthy heterodox Christian leader: the late Reverend Sun Myung Moon. Mr. Moon’s Unification Church (whose followers are known, pejoratively, as “Moonies”) owns The Washington Times and United Press International. Mr. Jang, by the way, reportedly once taught in a Unification Church seminary.

Update: Shortly after this article was published, Christianity Today posted a new blog post suggesting an even closer connection between IBT Media and Mr. Jang’s network. The magazine reported that Mr. Davis, the IBT cofounder with the covert commission, is married to Tracy McBeal Davis, the president of Olivet University. It also reported that Mr. Uzac, IBT’s other cofounder, was once listed as the treasurer of Olivet University.

Moonies, Messiahs and Media: Who Really Owns Newsweek?

edit on 26-11-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Very good points. Anon phone call aside, it takes a lot of guts either way to call into C2C.
All things we learn about especially if it's "unapproved" begin as leaks and whispers subject to reams of snide comments.
Best thing you can do is stay impartial and sit back to see where things go.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Jackie
lives in Vegas

27 year old mystery (key point back track time period)

1979- mars

worked at NASA handling downlink telemetry

Watching the monitor as the viking rover was running around

Two men wearing suits not bulky like ours

Coming over the horizon to the viking explorer

vision got cut off
didnt see what they were doing

male speaker said making repairs, not caller

caller asking if they knew what type of suits they wore

speaker not very much
speaker claiming mars like 15000 feet on earth
24 hour acclimatization process
some crap about the moon

about half a dozen workers saw this

references the monitoring thing image
(at nasa where its a lot of them)

People monitoring the monitor...lol no pun

then those are upstairs and the six or so are down stairs monitoring the equipment
stand by to make sure if equipment went down they had more then telemetry

they saw the footage
Their feed was cut

went up stairs
side doors to nose bleed section

Had locked the door
looked through glass windows

windows were blocked

__

Now this is different

You actually have several claims
which I will be looking at next

time period 1979
Roover on mars or something a person could think is
Watching live feed in addition to data
Six technicians on standby for repairs
Then men walking on mars

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Rovers-
did the technology exist to build them

Lets play it safe and say 1974 time period.. Creation and transportation time

Struck gold on Wikipedia
Vikining one

Lander
The lander and its aeroshell separated from the orbiter on July 20 08:51 UTC. At the time of separation, the lander was orbiting at about 4 km/s. The aeroshell's retrorockets fired to begin the lander deorbit maneuver. After a few hours at about 300 km altitude, the lander was reoriented for atmospheric entry. The aeroshell with its ablative heat shield slowed the craft as it plunged through the atmosphere. During this time, entry science experiments were performed by using a retarding potential analyzer, a mass spectrometer, and pressure, temperature and density sensors.[5] At 6 km altitude, traveling at about 250 m/s, the 16 m diameter lander parachutes deployed. Seven seconds later the aeroshell was jettisoned, and 8 seconds after that the three lander legs were extended. In 45 seconds the parachute had slowed the lander to 60 m/s. At 1.5 km altitude, retrorockets on the lander itself were ignited and, 40 seconds later at about 2.4 m/s, the lander arrived on Mars with a relatively light jolt. The legs had honeycomb aluminum shock absorbers to soften the landing.[5]

So we have orbiting sat and a lander

1975 BTW

Then we have
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

The Viking program consisted of a pair of American space probes sent to Mars, Viking 1 and Viking 2.[1] Each spacecraft was composed of two main parts: an orbiter designed to photograph the surface of Mars from orbit, and a lander designed to study the planet from the surface. The orbiters also served as communication relays for the landers once they touched down.

It was the most expensive and ambitious mission ever sent to Mars, with a total cost of roughly US$1 billion (roughly US$3.8 billion in FY14 dollars).[4] It was highly successful and formed most of the body of knowledge about Mars through the late 1990s and early 2000s.

The Viking program grew from NASA's earlier, even more ambitious, Voyager Mars program, which was not related to the successful Voyager deep space probes of the late 1970s. Viking 1 was launched on August 20, 1975, and the second craft, Viking 2, was launched on September 9, 1975, both riding atop Titan III-E rockets with Centaur upper stages. Viking 1 entered Mars orbit on June 19, 1976, with Viking 2 following suit on August 7.

After orbiting Mars for more than a month and returning images used for landing site selection, the orbiters and landers detached; the landers then entered the Martian atmosphere and soft-landed at the sites that had been chosen. The Viking 1 lander touched down on the surface of Mars on July 20, 1976, and was joined by the Viking 2 lander on September 3. The orbiters continued imaging and performing other scientific operations from orbit while the landers deployed instruments on the surface.

We look for the golden boy question

Rover Space Exploration

A rover (or sometimes planetary rover) is a space exploration vehicle designed to move across the surface of a planet or other celestial body. Some rovers have been designed to transport members of a human spaceflight crew; others have been partially or fully autonomous robots. Rovers usually arrive at the planetary surface on a lander-style spacecraft.[1]

I hate to tell you this but
Claim stands with a large safety margin on the technology existing

look at the dates
1972 pops up and we need 1975 for the 1979 issue

Mars two

Soviet rovers on mars pre 1979

Mars 2 lander had a small 4.5 kg Mars 'rover' on board, which would move across the surface on skis while connected to the lander with a 15-meter umbilical. Two small metal rods were used for autonomous obstacle avoidance, as radio signals from Earth would take too long to drive the rovers using remote control. The rover carried a dynamic penetrometer and a radiation densitometer.[2]

The main PROP-M frame was a squat box with a small protrusion at the center. The frame was supported on two wide flat skis, one extending down from each side elevating the frame slightly above the surface.

The rover was planned to be placed on the surface after landing by a manipulator arm and to move in the field of view of the television cameras and stop to make measurements every 1.5 metres. The traces of movement in the Martian soil would also be recorded to determine material properties.

Because of the demise of the lander, the rover was not deployed.

even crashed it is still feasible

Sorry that boondoggle is looking more and more real

US having a rover on mars
not going to let russia land one and we not do it

Sorry
The Viking crap is the perfect vehicle to do it in

I am wrapping my head around something here brb

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ripcontrol

There were no Viking rovers.

Hoax.

Third line, just in case.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

originally posted by: ripcontrol

There were no Viking rovers.

Hoax.

Third line, just in case.

She says Viking Rover, then Viking Explorer in the video, that's pretty clear. The broadcaster talks about "The Rover" and John Lear talks the brown stuff, so there doesn't seem to be much real at all. She uses 'in house' Jargon that I can't comment on.
This the story from an Ozzie outlet with the text from the video, nobody seems to query anything at any time..Amen.

au.ibtimes.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

As the OP said this allegation is consistent with other theories on the subject.

Ben Rich said that we had a secret space program, locked up so deep that it would never see the light of day, capable of traveling to the stars.

There have also been a number of anamolies from Mars surface and above surface photography which are not easy to explain.

Not claiming the lady is telling the truth, but maybe she is. Star snd flag for an interesting subject.

Good point. Could be a prank call, however, Hoagland
also claims there's a secret space program, and
Camelot claims that we have a technology called Jump Rooms
where literally people enter into an elevator type dealy,
the doors close and when they open up again, after what
their guests who have claimed to walk through them is a
weird uncomfortable feeling for a few moments, and then
the doors open and you're on Mars.

Just search Camelot, Jump Room to Mars.

Not saying I believe any of this but I am
open minded. It was an interesting round
table discussion.

If my memory serves me right the technology came
from The Montauk Project, which apparently
was trying to figure out how to use the "seat"
of a captured flying saucer, which eventually
according to the rhetoric , they were able top
open a doorway to distant places simply by
thinking of them.

Just throwing that out there.

Rebel 5

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
There are too many things wrong with what was said.
1. It was a lander not rover.
2. They didn't have 'video' cameras on them. Slow scan still frames only.
3. They didn't have solar panels. Radio isotope generators.

She's full of BS just like everything on C2C.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
There was a lot of bad white window pane going around 27yrs ago.

The guy at the Blue Oyster Cult concert even warned me.

I still get flashbacks.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Damn near anyone can call C2C and say anything.

Non story.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join