It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science News..........."If Planet X exists........."

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScreenBogey

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
So we've gone from an idea that was considered crazy to a chance that is slim. Interesting. Maybe I won't have to change my name afterall...........

No, I don't think the mainstream has ever labeled the possibility as crazy. What is considered crazy shouting Niburu at every doom-laden oppurtunity.

Not only has mainstream science NOT labeled the possibility of other 'Earthish'-sized bodies residing somewhere out there in the kiuper belt or the Oort Cloud, but there are mainstream astronomers who spend at least some of their time looking for such bodies (or circumstantial signs of such bodies).

Mike Brown of CalTech is one such mainstream astronomer who thinks Earth-sized bodies may lurk undiscovered in the far far reaches of the solar system. Mike Brown is best known as part of the team that discovered Eris and Sedna. It was Brown's discovery of Eris (which is a body even bigger than Pluto) that caused the demotion of Pluto out of the ranks of "planet".

[Mike] Brown and [Alan] Stern say that the Oort Cloud represents a more likely prospect for worlds the size of Mars or Earth. The Oort Cloud surrounds our solar system with billions of icy bodies at distances as far out as 50,000 times the distance between the sun and Earth.

Earth-Sized World Could Lurk in Outer Solar System

So I'm not sure where the OP gets the idea that mainstream astronomers think the idea of a Planet X (or several "Planet Xs") that have been living out there in the far reaches of the Solar System, unseen for the past 4.5 billion years, is "crazy". This idea has had mainstream science support (at least in concept) for a long time.

This OP's argument seems to be a strawman.

edit on 11/28/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat

originally posted by: EndOfDays77
Just see some one mention how the asteroid belt came to be..i really do suspect that it is remenants of the planet that used to reside there,something to ponder, is that the asteroids contain volcanic hallmarks,which can only form on a planet?? i also suspect that all comets, originate from this once known 'body' as well,hence the (frozen) water on them,which used to be oceans.

The exploding planet hypothesis is very interesting and would support the Sumerien claims even more so...also to mention the huge scar on our own planet that is under the Pacific,this goes right down to the crust,Sitchin claimed this to originate from a collision,on what was the then Tiamat and Nibiru..i do believe in a lot of Sitchins work and findings,but this instance i would say that Tiamat could well have been destroyed by a weapon (of unimaginable power) Velikovsky touches on some great areas in this field,going back to Sitchin i think that the link with gold and the Annunaki was not to mend their atmosphere, but to obtain mono-atomic gold for longevity and cognitive improvement..

Loving the thread need to read through it some more.

You definitely need to reach out and kindly ask for some of that cognitive improving mono-atomic gold. The fact you post this nonsense is bewildering. Maybe it's because I am relatively new here, but it's really hard to understand whether you are purposefully presenting yourself as detached from reason and reality or you are simply trying to elicit a remark in-kind. I don't know. I read Bedlam's response to one of your page 1 remarks and figured you would have been encouraged by some of the real, objective analysis they provided, and that you may be all the wiser for having read the response. I don't know what to think about your input here in this thread. Are you trying to retard the intellectual growth of ATS members, or simply fishing for a response that may get one of us warned/banned or whatever?

Some really smart people provide unbiased, lay examples of scientific facts/principles that escape most of us here on ATS, and that's a big part of the reason I take time to read each page of a thread (I do have to cop to becoming frustrated with a couple responses and commenters in a thread once and replied without having read the entire thread, therefore I came across as an ass and clearly not doing my due diligence in reading the thread in its entirety - I learned my lesson. My apologies Zaphod and BASSPLYR).

What's your motivation to post the nonsense you post? I mean, for all the hate Wikipedia may get for not being an completely vetted research tool, that site should become your new best friend. You would easily be able to dispel notions such as volcanic activity on any of the celestial bodies in the Asteroid Belt, for example. Hell, you would even be able to discern that most all comets originate from way, way, way out in the outer part of the solar system called the Oort Cloud. Take 5 minutes on Wikipedia and you would immediately realize what you claimed/conjectured/speculated in this post isn't remotely even possible. People have been star-gazing with enhanced optics for some 400 years, why don't you spend some time researching the history of astronomy instead of spewing nonsense? You could begin with Kepler in the late 16th century and fast-forward to Max Planck for some ideas on the underlying forces that Einstein would go on to turn into his theories of relativity. I would encourage starting with Kepler. Very interesting and convicted man. Don't forget Richard Feynman if you're into quantum theory, as he does an excellent job of turning the almost impossible to understand into a fairly easy read for the lay of quantum mechanics.

You are clearly the one with issues my friend! attacking Me for expressing my point of view ( and XP) like you know it all?well arrogance like that tells me a lot about your powers of deduction and the fact that you are new here may have some bearing on that.

The whole mantra of 'deny ignorance' somewhat subtly instills into the sub concious of the members, to use 'a group mindset' and leaves one using only one half of their brain, as is evident from the "nonsense" you have posted.

You will do good to read my post again..which does fly in the face of all that you think you know..after years of research the truth would be too much, even for the most seasoned researchers.

I am quite informed enough to make the statements i do and i will not be intimidated by some one who is indoctrinated by the religions of science ( although it is essential for our understanding of all that is)

It may have seemed like a detached statement,but i have fist hand XP seeing this world for what it is, not to mention seeing the object at sunrise,i have been followed by UFOs for most my life,so i guess i am of a differing opinion than most,but that is why i am here to contribute to the knowledge base and speak with an informed passion for those perceptive enough to hear!

I am quite aware of the points you have brought up, but you will not become enlightened by a 5 minute search on wiki..yes the oort cloud may also be remnants of the postulated 'exploding planet' for the record.

Actually, i am losing the desire to respond to all your post,as you clearly are an individual who has some issues addressing people and who would be more at home on a mainstream outlet,it's people like you that make Me lose faith in this site,it is clearly indicative of a dumbed down populace,that's being fair!..i also suspect many people who get involved in these PX threads as they are on the ------

Good luck on your journey of discovery..
edit on 1-12-2014 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

Good luck on your journey of discovery..

You too

hopefully one day the unidentified will become identified and you can get answers to your questions if you have any.

A life time of being followed by the unknown would takes its toll.

Have you tried getting an explanation or some identification of whats been following you your whole life?

It may have seemed like a detached statement,but i have fist hand XP seeing this world for what it is, not to mention seeing the object at sunrise

Welcome to the club of having first ( I suspect that is what you meant to write) hand experience seeing this world for what it is.

The Sun or your Nibiru that no one else has seen other than misidentified optical illusions or known celestial objects?

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Thanks! Ya, I chose the name when I was just finding out about all of this. I had way more ego back then, so I guess that means I attached some importance to being a bit of a maverick. However, now I care more about the truth and try to not have attachments to ideas, things, emotions etc. Just really still attached to some people and nature now.

No wise bird here, but i would say, secure your attachments to the truth.
Even if that truth drags you thru the streets.

Wise people have said "truth" is just a matter of perspective and dates. Sun rises in the East, right? How about if you are on the ISS? Most science "truths" from a couple hundred years ago or more have been changed. So what happens if you secure your attachment to the "truth" and the truth changes?

Some say the only truth in the universe is love, which comes from the feeling of our interconnectedness, our physical bodies come from stardust, and our souls are a piece of the source.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Sun rises in the East, right? How about if you are on the ISS? Most science "truths" from a couple hundred years ago or more have been changed. So what happens if you secure your attachment to the "truth" and the truth changes?

The truth didn't change, additional data were acquired.

The sun didn't stop rising in the East on the ground because the ISS offered a new perspective from orbit.

As the ISS orbits roughly west to east (in its inclined orbit), the sun could still be said to rise in the East for it - depending on your definition of it.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Thanks! Ya, I chose the name when I was just finding out about all of this. I had way more ego back then, so I guess that means I attached some importance to being a bit of a maverick. However, now I care more about the truth and try to not have attachments to ideas, things, emotions etc. Just really still attached to some people and nature now.

No wise bird here, but i would say, secure your attachments to the truth.
Even if that truth drags you thru the streets.

Wise people have said "truth" is just a matter of perspective and dates. Sun rises in the East, right? How about if you are on the ISS? Most science "truths" from a couple hundred years ago or more have been changed. So what happens if you secure your attachment to the "truth" and the truth changes?

Some say the only truth in the universe is love, which comes from the feeling of our interconnectedness, our physical bodies come from stardust, and our souls are a piece of the source.

Love as truth? Lol, as a divorce attorney I chuckle at that one...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join