It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 Bizarre medical conditions (pics at sight)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Next time someone is feeling a little bad show them these poor souls.. We all have many things to be thankful for !

firsttoknow.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Urophagia - compulsion to drink urine.... I saw footage of a woman (transsexual could have been a man) recently who had an extreme version of this....

Wait for it....

[SNIP]
edit on 11/24/2014 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Not ATS Material

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

We have way to much freedom..
edit on 11/24/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Anyone with these kind of diseases should sign a document ( similar do DNR ) so the other citizens should not pay for ones life choices.

Simple

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: palermoman

I have neurofibromatosis. It's actually quite common as birth defects go. About 1:3000 people have it. Most people who have it do not look like the cases in this article.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I don't think anybody in the article the OP linked to, chose to have their condition.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

No idea what you meant there... choices??

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: palermoman
Anyone with these kind of diseases should sign a document ( similar do DNR ) so the other citizens should not pay for ones life choices.

Simple

Yeah you're either trolling (in which case sorry I bit the bait ATS) or have no experience/knowledge of compulsions, obsessions and mental health.

Even a person who tells you they have chosen to drink urine and enjoy it will find it almost impossible to stop - indicating it is not a life choice it is a loose wire (bad terminology) within their brain.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
i love reading about diseases and medical conditions in general...there is some crazy # out there..

cipa
en.wikipedia.org...

is an extremely rare inherited disorder of the nervous system which prevents the sensation of pain, heat, cold, or any real nerve-related sensations
----------------

some might think it would be awesome not to feel pain but it wouldt be....pain is like a natural safe guard to let you know something is wrong...no pain means you cant feel when you have to go to the bathroom. people and babies especially have to wear gloves when they sleep cause they scratch their eyes and dont know it..you could break a bone and not know it......that would be terrible...

pica
en.wikipedia.org...
is characterized by an appetite for substances that are largely non-nutritive, such as paper, clay, metal, chalk, soil, glass, or sand
-----------------

prader willi
en.wikipedia.org...

Characteristic of PWS is "low muscle tone, short stature, incomplete sexual development, cognitive disabilities, problem behaviors, and a chronic feeling of hunger that can lead to excessive eating and life-threatening obesity
---------------

chronic hunger would be terrible....to never feel full....you eat a full meal and in 10 minutes your body tells you you are hungry again....a lot of the time the fridge and cupboards have to be put under a lock for their own protection..
ridiculous

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrinceRupertsDog

I have neurofibromatosis. It's actually quite common as birth defects go. About 1:3000 people have it. Most people who have it do not look like the cases in this article.

My grandmother, her twin, and my uncle had this. They didn't have it to the point of looking like the Elephant Man, but they did look like this

Neurofibromatosis

For people not used to seeing this, it can be a bit of a shock, but once you are used to it, it's second nature. It is important to have them monitored often by a doctor as they ARE tumors on the nerves. And most can be benign, but they can become cancerous. My grandmother ignored hers for 10 years and after begging and begging and begging, the family finally convinced her to see a doctor. He did a biopsy on one of her tumors and it crumbled in his hands. She was given 6 months to live. She just gave up and didn't take that long. I know that myself and my daughter have the café-au-lait birthmark that marks you as a carrier for the gene. We had the genetic testing to be sure. I know my aunt was a carrier as well, but didn't have full blown neurofibromatosis. But please, palerwoman, watch the comments you make regarding their life choices. They worked all their lives, they paid their medical until they retired, nobody handed them anything.
edit on 11/25/2014 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: PrinceRupertsDog

I have neurofibromatosis. It's actually quite common as birth defects go. About 1:3000 people have it. Most people who have it do not look like the cases in this article
Now the Avatar makes sense! Not trolling PRD, just comparing your Avatar to the condition.

edit on 26-11-2014 by BadwolfBratton because: Fat fingers

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BadwolfBratton

Lol, yup. Although if you met me, unless I told you I had NF1, you wouldn't notice.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

One minor point of clarification. NF1 isn't "The Elephant Man's disease", although it was assumed that it was until the mid 1980s. Merrick most likely had Proteus Syndrome. Although some genetic testing was done recently that indicated that he may have had NF1 as well, those results were inconclusive.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

who are you to suggest that someone not fight for their life, for all you know, with all they have to go through in life they may enjoy being alive and do not want to die anymore than you do.

why don't you do yourself go ahead and sign that paper and check out, so no one has to worry about the dribble you spew.

Simple

new topics

top topics

join