It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Earthquake in DFW, Texas... Felt it.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Fracking fabulous! I felt it too in Irving.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

Actually, you can feel quakes that small. I've felt many small earthquakes from 2.5-4's.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite

No fracking anywhere close. It's in the middle of the DFW metroplex. Nothing but concrete and strip malls there. Right by DFW airport though.

Doesn't mean that some fracking a hundred miles away didn't have something to do with it. Who knows?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
We felt it here in Oak Cliff. We didn't really feel the shaking as we were laying down watching TV, but our house made a loud cracking sound in the corner of our bedroom when it happened, and the back wall made several weird sounds, we thought that maybe a big animal or something was stuck between the walls and trying to get out, then all of a sudden it stopped after a few seconds. I looked at the clock when it happened, and I could have sworn that it said 9:18 pm, instead of 9:15 when the quake was supposed to have happened. Maybe our clocks are out of synch by a few minutes...

I hope this isn't a precursor to a bigger one!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Maybe the subterranean pipes finally choked down Dallas's collective filth.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I felt a very small quake several years ago. I was sitting quietly at church. I think I was the only person who felt it. It would be easy to miss if you were concentrating on something else, or just not focused.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
there have been a total of FIVE so far. a friend of mine in dallas posted on facebook right after she felt the first one. glasses rattled in her kitchen.

in the link someone says it knocked a picture of the wall and it sloshed the water in their fish tank.

i've lived in texas all my life. 5 quakes in that area in a few days is WEIRD.

dfw.cbslocal.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join