It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

comparing Hunger Games mocking Jay part 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
so this is not a review of the movie. I should start off by saying I saw this movie with a person who is a big fan of the movies and the book.
before the movies I asked her what are some things to look forward to and she says that I might not like it because it will end off at a battle scene.

I was a little frustrated with this movie. If was told before hand that this movie is nothing like its predecessors I would have been a lot better off I mean from the action stand point. and I know after the movie the person I was with told that the next movie is going to probably have a lot of action, But the thing I don't get I am not understanding why this movie was necessary?? I mean it was so straight forward as to what you would guess is going to happen even for me a person who ha snot read the books,

and then there was no draw to the other characters. I mean with Hunger games 2. there were all these unique grabbing characters in this one its nobody but Jennifer Lawrence. Even her other love interest who has more screen time was not captivating I odn tknow if it was just the actor or just his character.

If someone can tell me why I needed to see this movie and not just skipped this movie and waited for the final one to come out I am open to hearing that.

the previews are so misleading. you think Cadnis is going to lead this whole big war effort, and and nothing.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the thumbs up
I think that I shall give this one a miss. I was not really keen on the Hunger games. It was ok but I would rather have read the book, as the minds eye is far better than any movie screen.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

After being suckered into walking into Interstellar--and leaving as they entered the exited the wormhole, I cast a jaded eye toward the advertisements for this movie. Why in the world would they call the third in a series of the same plot a "Part One?" It puzzled me for awhile, but I think you have given me a clue. They know it is bad but want to get you hankering for "Part Two." (I recognize there may have been property rights issues, but that still begs the question.)

Actually, the second one was a big let down, too, as most sequels are.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

probably cause it is part 1 of the story from the 3rd book.
ya think?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: American-philosopher

After being suckered into walking into Interstellar--and leaving as they entered the exited the wormhole, I cast a jaded eye toward the advertisements for this movie. Why in the world would they call the third in a series of the same plot a "Part One?" It puzzled me for awhile, but I think you have given me a clue. They know it is bad but want to get you hankering for "Part Two." (I recognize there may have been property rights issues, but that still begs the question.)

Actually, the second one was a big let down, too, as most sequels are.

I agree!

I really like the first one, but the second one sucked, IMO......

new topics

top topics

join