It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robbers steal Ebola blood samples

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Sometimes you get what you deserve.

apnews.excite.com...

"CONAKRY, Guinea (AP) — It was a highway robbery but the bandits got more than they bargained for when they stopped a taxi in Guinea and made off with blood samples that are believed to be infected with the deadly Ebola virus.
Authorities publicly appealed on national radio Friday to the unidentified robbers to hand over the samples that were stolen from the taxi during its 265-kilometer (165-mile) trek on winding rural roads from the central Kankan prefecture to a test site in southern Gueckedou.
The samples, stored in tightly wrapped vials tucked into a cooler bag, were in the care of a Red Cross courier who was among nine passengers sharing a taxi when three bandits on a motorbike led the attack near the town of Kissidougou, a local Red Cross official said."

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Sat Nov 22 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Umm.

"We don't understand why they stole the blood sample. Perhaps they thought there was cash hidden in the flask," Tolno said.

Or maybe they knew exactly what they were stealing.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
"Hey, I'm gonna run these deadly virus samples over to the lab, wanna call me a cab"? Really? This is crazy stupid. No armed guard, take a terrible route, and in a taxi no less, they were just asking for something to go wrong. I put most of the blame not on the bandits, but the idiots in charge of the samples. You would think it would be painful to be this ignorant....

Just to add, I agree that these bandits probably, more than likely knew exactly what they were going after.
edit on 21/11/14 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

top topics

join