It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Together at last....Match made in heaven?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
a reply to: boomer135

One of my favorite patches. I saw a video where a guy is giving a seminar and he demystified a few of the funnier patches. The NKAWTG got a good laugh out of the crowd. Am I wrong in remembering one that was a little different like NKAWTG EU for "even us"? It had something to do with a black project I think.

hmmm, i cant think of any other NKAWTG patches that would have that. Maybe your refering to the black project patch that has NOYFB?

Here's the patch most boom operators dream of having...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: boomer135

The thing with boomers is they still have work as loadmaster/flight attendent. The Air Force works them pretty good getting 2 jobs in one AFSC. So the ego can get pretty big when they actually get to fly the boom.

Being on the KC-135, our loadmaster and flight attendent duties were pretty limited. When you can only carry six pallets on the jet there isn't much loading to do. And flight attendent duties consisted of giving the pax a passenger brief and thats about it.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

That huge damn will be their undoing one day, the weight of water on the 'plate' beneath it is compressing it, once its compressed enough, the sides of the damn will give way, the tonnage of water is huge, I would not be surprised if the 'tsunami' reached the coast.
Some where on ATS.com there is a thread about that damn.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
With all the fighter pilot ego bashing maybe something to think about: A fighter pilot in an air superiority role is taking off to fight for dominance in a theater of war. He is taking off to kill an enemy aircraft or be killed in the process. True it is not like WW1 when the average life expectancy was about two weeks much like a combat helicopter pilot in Viet Nam was but.. Nevertheless he is laying his life on the line for mission accomplishment. Same with the guys carrying a strike package into a heavily defended position... They know they may not come back yet they are willing to do the deed for their country. Do you want a mambe pambe who will debate if he or she is good enough for the mission or someone who believes that with their training, equipment, and skillset they are the best person for the mission?

There was a story out of Langley AFB back in the 70s where some Army Aviators went into the Officers Club (1977)...in uniform.. This was just after the Airforce had gotten their F-15s and the egos were flying high.. Well boys will be boys and things were starting to get out of hand even though the Army guys were outnumbered 3 to 1..Until.. An Airforce Major broke up the anticipated coming activities by telling the story of how he had ejected out of his F-100 over triple canopy jungle and how the Army guys had pulled him out before the Airforce SAR mission was even launched.. He actually offered to buy all 9 of the Army guys a drink as he told all the stud 1st lieutenants and Captains to cool their heels and remember we are all working towards the same goal of mission accomplishment and a safe return.

Jerks are jerks no matter what the nomenclature bestowed upon them and young men seem to demonstrate ego and jerkiness at the drop of a hat if called upon..

Beautiful picture of the birds Op.

My jury is still out on both birds for I never let a pretty face fool me into thinking they have a good heart also. I just hope with all the money spent on both aircraft they live up to their billing. Hopefully we will not have to put either one to a real test anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here is a small ray of sunshine for the F-35 fans out there:

aviationweek.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: Sammamishman

Yep! What is called a "glamor shot" in circles that wish to portray a warm and fuzzy feeling about a person or thing.

Frankly, I would be more interested in a link to a detailed report on how the Chinese almost beat us in building their version of our F-35. But I suppose that is an off-topic issue, subject to being deleted by a mod.

That's easy to answer.
Chinese businesses don't have the regulations placed on them by their government. They built a huge dam to control flooding faster than an American company could have gotten approval from the epa.

Yup, a Libertarian wet dream. Here is an inconvenient fact:

A Hundred Lives, Billions of Dollars

Chinese state media reports that over a hundred workers died during the lengthy construction project.

Economic costs also ran high. Official reports place the price tag in the 24-billion-U.S.-dollar range. Critics say that actual costs could be several times the stated amount.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I wonder which cockpit is nicer to sit in?

Does one come with more "features" than the other? I doubt either has a well-placed cup holder though...

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ALiCCE

They're basically the same. The computers display different information, but they're going to both have MFDs, and the same basic cockpits. One of the biggest differences is that the F-22 has a HUD, where the F-35 uses a helmet display in place of a HUD.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The F22 looks very much like a transitional airframe with its HUD and high glass MFD layout while the F35 is full glass and relying on the helmet to replace the HUD.Manoeuvre, every fighter has that ability but to not depart from the flight envelope and regain energy quickly to engage or re-engage in a knife fight that dictates who will come out on top..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join