It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Charles Schumer wants 20 Million for N.Y. treatment of first Ebola patient !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I post this for no other reason than the outrageous amount of requested money as in the back of my mind there is the thought of how many more are being monitored for the virus ....

Senator Charles Schumer wants President Obama to pick up New York City’s more than $20 million tab for treating its first Ebola patient.

Since the Big Apple and Bellevue Hospital treated and cured Dr. Craig Spencer of the “infectious disease that is a threat to the nation,” the New York lawmaker believes the government should pony up and reimburse the city.

nypost.com...
edit on 19-11-2014 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
What all is being done with the money in Taxes that NYC collects? After all in that city, with its large populations, should have no problems in covering the costs. And can someone really explain how the treatment of one person with Ebola, costs 80 million dollars?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

If you remove the 'we want cures for everyone for e very disease feeling and the majority of us all have', then you come to the stark problem of someone has to pay for picking up the expense of the treatment for ebola by different cities and towns in the different parts of the world that ebola patients have travelled to. There is a huge cost for this.

In the UK manh people simply wanted all travellers who ever they were, not to be allowed to land at UK airports to spread this disease. The country was told that the business loss would be too great and so people could travel as much as they wanted.

So if you take the reason given for not stopping travellers earlier and the not incurring the care costs, which is down to business profits then surely business should be paying the tab - why should the tax payers pick everything up and then suffer cuts to their servicves they thought they were paying for? Governments know these outbreaks will occur periodically yet it seems to be that certainly the UK and USA had not budgeted this problem into a special pocket of funds to deal with it when it arose.

It might sound hard, but come on! corporations run the world now so they need to cough up when their profits are allowed to jeopardise the puiblic health of nations

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Never let a good crisis go to waste.

Never ever.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It looks like the Post did some selective editing with Chuck's words. He said the government should pay back all the cities in America that have racked up expenses fighting Ebola not just NYC. Also I notice this article said nothing about Dallas also will be hitting the government up to be reimbursed for it's expenses.

Should cities be reimbursed for Ebola costs? One U.S. senator says yes

The federal government should pay back New York and other cities that have shelled out millions to deal with Ebola, U.S. Sen. Chuck Schumer said Sunday.

Seeing how Obama is asking congress for 6 billion to help fight Ebola 20 mil is just a drop in the bucket.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Never let a good crisis go to waste.

Never ever.

Chuck learned this lesson from the best, the big O, about time it came full circle and bit _bama in the a.

edit on 7Wed, 19 Nov 2014 07:54:50 -0600am111911amk193 by grandmakdw because: correction

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Everyone is supposed to be covered by heath insurance although 20 million seems excessive to me. But they charged me $20.00 for two Tylenol when I was in the hospital to have my last child and ridiculous amounts for paper products like tissues and stuff so who knows. His accountant should review the bill carefully.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
20 million to treat 1 ebola patient? wow it makes you wonder how those poor African countries can afford to treat all the patients that they have.

new topics

top topics

join