It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Cosby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I am sorry but where there is smoke... there is usually a fire.

Too many women are making the same claims.... some for money.... most stand nothing to gain but 15 minutes of fame.

Something is not quite right here.

That's all I can say at this point. If I was innocent, settling out of court would not be an option in my opinion...no matter what the monetary cost.

edit on R582014-11-19T05:58:33-06:00k5811Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Public image

The man made [makes] a living with a public image millions love. If he were truly guilty it would ruin his rep/public image, if he were innocent and the story doesn't die it would ruin his rep/public image. Either way, paying them off to shut up about a false accusation or through rightfully deserved compensation of said guilt are truly his only real options.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
He lives with the truth. The women making the accusations live with the truth. The rest of us ponder and debate. I happen to believe in something akin to karma and trust that whoever is lying will find themselves paying that debt in one way or another.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
here is a um... rape timeline?

time.com...

early on the article says 12+ women have been assaulted at one point or another, since the 70's.
unfortunately rape is often a "he said/ she said" type thing, so could he have gotten away with over 12 sexual assaults? maybe, but damn that's one hell of a stretch.
I'm not saying they are all lying, but i would say at least 9 out of the total, are women that maybe fooled around with him at some point, and now are just acting like victims for the publicity/ money.
"I took drugs and had sex with him in the 80's...clearly he raped me!"

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

true, but the media (and us) love nothing more than to tear famous people to shreds, if there was any basis for all these accusations, we would be feeding off articles of his downfall, just like when britney spears or Amy Winehouse or michael jackson. all of those were troubled, and clearly needed help, and what did the media + we do? watch and enjoy every second of their downfall.
Cosby would not be an exception to the rule just because he had a great tv show in the 1980's

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I agree with your assessment... until we have walked a mile in his shoes...

But then again with the latest accusation which just came out yesterday..... to quote the line from the animated movie "Over the Hedge"... my turtle shell is tingling.

It very hard to sort between the truth and the MSM spin on stories.... but the number of women are adding up quickly,, and I can't see a logical reason for so many women repeating the same story if there wasn't some kernal of truth to the story.

It doesn't affect me personally in any way, I see it as another example of how the interconnected world is a vastly different place from where I grew up. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.... or doesn't play out.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I agree with your karma assessment 100%. I am not a religious by any stretch of the imagination.... but I do believe in the old saying... what goes around...comes around.

I wonder how many more will come out now that its gaining steam in the MSM.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

but the number of women are adding up quickly,, and I can't see a logical reason for so many women repeating the same story if there wasn't some kernal of truth to the story.

How many women?

I'm curious because I'm only aware of one older settled accusation (resurrected recently by a comedian's routine) and now possibly a second? I don't deny one or both possibly true*

*As my previous post clearly indicates, which wasn't in no way, shape or form defending him.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

the latest accusation is here:

www.etonline.com...

Just kind of makes you wonder what the truth really is. Many famous people have been falsely accused of some very serious allegations.... then again some of those allegations have been proven to be true. Time will tell...it almost always does in one way or another.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

He could very well be guilty.

He may also be simply guilty of bad choices in women. Women who were dumped by him for whatever reason and still feel resentment and want to make him "Pay"

That's the major problem with these types of accusations. It's not like there is some dashcam or forms of real proof other than He said, She said...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Bill Cosby, who would have even heard of the guy if he didn't become an actor and create the Bill Cosby character.

I remember Bill as a stand up comedian and used to listen to his record albums along with Cheech and Chong's. His routine was expanded into TV and that created things like the Fat Albert franchise. Not to mention when he played in the "I Spy" TV series in the 60s with Robert Culp. His spy character was cool and hip but was black-splotation like so much of TV in the late 60s and early 70s.

Somewhere along the line he became a PC family friendly TV character, an actor more than a comedian. So now "Bill Cosby" is just another fictional character played by an actor that portrayed another fantasy for Hollywood. This other guy that is being accused of being a serial rapist, he's just some washed up old actor/comedian nearing retirement.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
How do we know.. Is Bill Cosby that shining happy person we are familiar by the help of media. Maybe there is a sinister side as there were with Jimmy Saville ( he was smiling happy charachter too by media ). Media is a powerful tool.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Different woman who do not know each other have come forward...and told their story...and they all say they were drugged and sexually violated.

Bill Cosby has chosen to be silent; I think he was advised to do so...in part to try and save his reputation...at least with some of his fans.

To be tried in a court of law...the statue of limitations may be up for him...but in the moral court of humanity...he is being tried right now.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I wonder how Bill Cosby's biographer will handle this nightmare.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
I'm curious because I'm only aware of one older settled accusation (resurrected recently by a comedian's routine) and now possibly a second? I don't deny one or both possibly true*

There were 13 women set to testify in the suit that was settled. Why haven't any of them sued? I don't know. And then the most recent, Janice Dickinson, a supermodel from the 80's. She said she tried to write about it in a book she wrote, but Cosby's people came down on her and her publisher. She's talking about it now, though.

If it was one or two women, I'd be hesitant to believe them, but 14 women? I'm thinking this might be true, but as Heff said, each person knows the truth and lying is not a good karma boost.
edit on 11/19/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
This is why it's so important for victims to approach the police as soon as possible, so that evidence can be gathered, so that it's not just word against word.

Like if any of these women who suspected they had been drugged had gone to the police, blood tests would have confirmed the presence of sedatives in their system, and, almost certainly have secured a conviction.

And I guess it was much harder back in the day for women to go to the police, and be believed, particularly if the accusation was against a famous rich person.

I think there is a reason these days, rich famous folks use high class call girls a lot more than they ever used to.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
This is why it's so important for victims to approach the police as soon as possible, so that evidence can be gathered, so that it's not just word against word.

Bingo

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Exactly. It is dangerous for the definition of rape to change over time as it has, as well. Nowadays if you do anything sexual while inebriated, it could be considered rape. What might have been acceptable 30 - 40 years ago might land you in jail today. Not right.

top topics

join