It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York City health officials investigating death of woman on Ebola monitoring list

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
7OnLine
The remains of a woman who died of an apparent heart attack at a hair salon in Brooklyn have tested negative for Ebola.

The New York City Health Department announced the results early Wednesday morning. Officials had said Tuesday that at last check the woman did not have symptoms but was being monitored because of her travel history.

EMS responded to a hair salon on Belmont Avenue in Brownsville around 2:30 p.m. on Tuesday where the woman died. She was declared dead at the scene. The FDNY confirms that this was a "clean scene," meaning the woman, in her early 40s, died without any bodily fluids leaving her body.

She had been on the list of those being monitored for Ebola exposure. She recently arrived in the city from Guinea and was one of 350 people on the monitor list.

edit on 11/19/2014 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Scoffs...yeah the reputable news sources just left the fact of a bleeding face out. But the daily mail ...paragon of news sources...They were sure to report that grisly detail. OK sure I buy that.... Not... reply to: Maluhia

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Restless leg syndrome is very very real. I don't understand the term carny ride illness but it sounded like you think that RLS is fake. I get it especially if I take any type of PM sleep medication. Not fun at all. Anyway on topic...
As far as this lady I really doubt it was Ebola. If she was in the end stage of the disease she would not have been out and about getting her hair done. Heart attack sounds right for a sudden decline like she had. Ebola debilitates the internal organs and when near death victims are most often in a coma. Not going to the hair salon.
Is there any reports that she was a health care worker in Guinea? Did she just travel there?(who would given the current situation? Sounds nuts to me if it was some kind of vacation. Perhaps she has family there?)

a reply to: Aleister

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Oh come on. You know she wasn't out on a day trip in the end stage of Ebola . Daily mail is the only source for fever travel illness and a bleeding face. Maybe you don't know their reputation but it's sketchy at best.

to: texasgirl

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Yes it happens to everyone when they die.
A reply to: dianajune

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
a reply to: dreamingawake

With blood coming out of her face

Just so you know, that "fact" was only reported by the Daily Mail - notorious for such embellishments. Could it be true and the others just left it out - possible....the frustration of media reports.

Local news still reporting story as is - nothing new.

It looks like Daily Mail purchased the video from BMR Breaking News, which appears to be the original source for the brief video interview with the man who said the woman was bleeding:

BMR Breaking News video on Facebook

From the BMR Breaking News Facebook info page:

BMR Breaking News is a news gathering company that is under NEW OWNERSHIP. We provide breaking news video and photographs to the local media outlets. Our service area includes the 5 boroughs of New York City. BMR Breaking News is able to send photographs to any media outlet from the scene of the breaking news event.

The video is at the very least an interesting bit of additional information about this story that makes me wonder whether the official story is true. I guess they couldn't keep the small local news source as quiet as the mainstream media.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Restless leg syndrome is very very real. I don't understand the term carny ride illness but it sounded like you think that RLS is fake. I get it especially if I take any type of PM sleep medication. Not fun at all. Anyway on topic...

As far as this lady I really doubt it was Ebola. If she was in the end stage of the disease she would not have been out and about getting her hair done. Heart attack sounds right for a sudden decline like she had. Ebola debilitates the internal organs and when near death victims are most often in a coma. Not going to the hair salon.

Is there any reports that she was a health care worker in Guinea? Did she just travel there?(who would given the current situation? Sounds nuts to me if it was some kind of vacation. Perhaps she has family there?)

a reply to: Aleister

To be fair, the articles concerning this incident say she went to visit the owner of the salon. They didn't say she went there to get her hair done.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
"Fever Travel Illness"

lol...sounds like something you'd see on a shirt in japan...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ikonoklast

Great find there. Thanks for posting. Does seem to confirm the presence of blood -- so the Daily Mail got it right. Interesting.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia

Thanks, and you're welcome. Yes, it's interesting that the official statements said no bodily fluids but an eyewitness contradicted that plus some bodily fluids would normally be released upon death.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I've read through your comments. This does sound exactly like varies Ebola cases.
In some instances people have been found dead, still kneeling in prayer, slouched in a chair, or just not waking up.
It is true that usually the person is so weak going to a hair saloon is probably not on their to do list. But those people are on a myriad of drugs. The bleeding from several orifices also points towards Ebola .
I wouldn't be suprised if we get more cases in NYC.

- in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There was no bleeding . That was an unfounded embellishment. The emergency responders said it was a clean scene. The lady died of a heart attack.

a reply to: CaptanMad

edit on 11202014 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Jesus Christ she was out and about no matter what her intentions for doing so.
The tests confirmed no Ebola. What more do you need? Why choose to believe one source known for embellishing stories against another that is not?
How do you decide that?

a reply to: texasgirl

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Where is the video of blood huh? No video that confirms the presence of blood even though they were at the scene??? reply to: ikonoklast

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

That would be something you would need to ask the local news service that covered it in New York. There is contact information on their Facebook page if you want to contact them:

BMR Breaking News on Facebook

All I've seen is the video of one alleged eyewitness who described what he saw. The witness and the video seemed reasonably credible to me. But that's just my opinion, and it's up to you who and what you choose to believe. If you contact the news service and learn anything further, please let us know.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Jesus Christ she was out and about no matter what her intentions for doing so.

The tests confirmed no Ebola. What more do you need? Why choose to believe one source known for embellishing stories against another that is not?

How do you decide that?

Stop. No need to get upset. If these threads tick you off then don't click on them.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I think everybody should know that the place she collapsed in is not Amy's Professional African Hair Braiding.

The place is called Fatima's. It is a hair braiding place near Thatford Avenue in Brooklyn.

Why they're claiming it's Amy's I don't know but it clearly is Fatima's, in the Brownsville area of Brooklyn.

Just to clarify for those who may not have spotted the mistake or lie in the story.

Edit: I am more than aware that the owner credited in these articles has Amy as a first name. However, since there is already at least one other Amy's African Hair Braiding in Brooklyn, I felt I should bring this to people's attention. So, whether or not it was a mistake, that they credited the owner, or they withheld the name on purpose to cover something up or to protect the owner's establishment I do not know.

But, in the Daily Mail article (certain it's the DM) the awning for Fatima's is clearly in view, in another photo, workers walking on the street are in front of the street sign for Thatford Ave.
edit on 20-11-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
But not necessarily spread out in plain view. If she had recently emptied her bladder there might have been very little urine and fecal matter would stay in her undergarments . If she was having her menstrual cycle a pad would absorb the urine. Forgive me all for being indescrete but there are a few reasons why body fluids would not be seen. The real point is that someone said she was bleeding from the eyes nose and mouth but no reports verify that.
a reply to: ikonoklast

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Thanks but I'm fine.

edit on 11212014 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join