It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best TV Shows This Fall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
A lot, and I mean A LOT of new shows premiered this season. Some have already been announced that they will be cancelled (Selfie, and more). Which ones that have stuck around are your favorite? I thought Gotham was pretty dumb at first, but it's growing on me with each episode. See the full fall line up here.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ScribbledOnANotePad24

Gotham, Scorpion and Z-nation are the only things I've added this year.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I had small walk on's on " Manhattan " that looks pretty good. And also worked on "Nightshift" and "Better Call Saul" both are ok.

Looks like we will be shooting another season of "Longmier" as well.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Nightshift isn't shot in Texas, It's shot in Tamalewood as are all the above. [Albuquerque, New Mexico] Blessed to be a small part of this new industry in the Land of Enchantment; that's to say TV. We have had a long history of movies being made here.

Union strong, union proud! IATSE SAG/AFTRA

edit on 18-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The Avengers.
Wait, sorry....that was 1966.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Forever, Z Nation and The Flash has been pretty good so far. But as long as the The Big Bang Theory stays on I'm good.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I'm enjoying "Blackish" so far. I like my Wednesday line up: The Middle, The Goldbergs, Modern Family, now Blackish...

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I did see Blackish and the Flash. Liked each, just not enough to keep up with them. If I have free time in the off season, I'll probably revisit those.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Forever, Z Nation and The Flash has been pretty good so far. But as long as the The Big Bang Theory stays on I'm good.

i think the big bang keeps getting better. i love that show so much.
did you see the episode 2 weeks ago with billy bob?
that was fantastic....

i know sheldon is most everyones favorite but i love wolowitz man......he is such a creep.

remember this?

raj is a creeper too

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Dude, is it just me whose mind was totally blown by short haired Penny though? Damn, I nearly fainted.

I love TBBT too though, by far the best sitcom since Seinfeld, at least in my opinion. I literally never fail to laugh during an episode but I'm a total nerd just like those guys so it was always basically right up my alley. I started watching Z Nation too that show is awesome. DJ Qualls has always been one of my favorite actors and he is doing great in that show. I need to catch up though. I am on the Mac and Addy episode and haven't finished it. I am STOKED to see Constantine made the lineup, seriously even if you were never a Hellblazer fan, watch this show. It is great. I watched one or two episodes of Red Band Society and found it a bit too frilly. I liked the bald kid though he was cool, stopped watching that one though. John Mulaney is a killer stand-up but I found his show to a bit forced and never got past the pilot. Scorpion is a bit over the top but I like my action/suspense that way, I like this show a lot actually. Gotham I was a bit slow to start as I had this idea of "no Batman, no good!" ingrained in my mind but I actually have been enjoying it quite a lot and look forward to the introduction of Harvey Dent. I have only watched the most recent episode of Flash but I liked it. Might pick this one up later, I need to watch Arrow too...

Overall this has been a great season for TV.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
i know the thread was new shows but here are the ones i like this year
american horror story
the blacklist
big bang
the fall
luther
peaky blinders

only shows i watch but i am looking forward to better call saul

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I like Outlander. Heard about it online when looking for a new series. It is not being aired in the UK sadly.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
They are showing a mini series on Starz that is pretty good, The Missing.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Big Bang has lost it's appeal to me. The chemistry between Penny and Leonard is gone. I'm tired of Sheldon not acting normal. His cute-quirky has worn thin.

Two and a Half Men died when Charlie died. It was just jumping the shark week after week. I stopped watching.

American Horror Story - LOVED Coven. Freak Show is okay. I'm watching it.

Walking Dead ... Best season yet!!

And of course - South Park. Gotta' watch South Park!!

I'm watching Buying Alaska, Buying the Bayou, Buying the Beach, Buying Hawaii. I know they are probably faked up a bit but I still like seeing the different parts of the country and seeing how people live in different places. I also still watch Pawn Stars even though it's also scripted. I like looking at the old stuff. (yes, I act more like 82 than 52).

ETA .. oh, and I watch Modern Family. Lilly is my favorite on the show.

edit on 11/19/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The best i have seen for years

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Best show for me this season is hands-down Madam Secretary. It's got everything. Political intrigue, drama, humor, great acting, great story with timely plot lines, and...

Téa Leoni.

That's a whole lot of win. For me, anyway.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I havent added many new shows the last couple of years. In fact, my list of must watch has shrunken. The majority are flat junk.

Of the new shows, Z nation is decent, if you're into b-movie style productions. I do give them credit for taking risks with the cast though.

New girl has been fantastic this year.

Big Bang Theory has officially lost me. I mean, really, how stagnant can a show be?

Brooklyn 99 is VERY good.

Flash seems like it was written by a highschool student.

Modern Family has fallen into formulaic predictability.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The Missing (2014) - A Mini Series of 8 Episodes

Here are the first 4 episodes in HD 720p . Njoy

edit on 21-11-2014 by TheChildhoodLane because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join