It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Ebola patient dies at Nebraska hospital

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
[Source]

NEBRASKA — American Dr. Martin Salia has died of Ebola after being evacuated from Sierra Leone to be treated in Nebraska.
ABC News confirmed the death Monday morning.
Salia is a general surgeon who had been working at Kissy United Methodist Hospital in the Sierra Leone capital of Freetown. Patients, including mothers who hours earlier had given birth, fled from the 60-bed hospital after news of the Ebola case emerged, United Methodist News reported.

Has this been posted/noticed?

The doctor will be the third Ebola patient at the Omaha hospital and the 10th person with Ebola to be treated in the U.S. The last, Dr. Craig Spencer, was released from a New York hospital on Tuesday.

Also from CNN: Doctor's death marks second U.S. Ebola fatality
edit on 11/17/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
He must have been already very sick when he got here.

"Dr. Salia was suffering from advanced symptoms of Ebola when he arrived at the hospital Saturday, which included kidney and respiratory failure," the hospital said. [Yahoo News]

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Maybe a really stupid question, but, am I missing something somewhere? Here is the CDC's update on Ebola cases in the U.S. as of November 11, 2014.....
CDC website case counts

it states only 4 cases confirmed in the U.S. So where does the count of 10 cases come from????

Like I said, maybe I am just slow this morning......

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: jennybee35

1. Brantly (doctor, treated at Emory in Atlanta)
2. Writebol (aid worker, treated at Emory in Atlanta)
3. Anonymous (treated at Emory in Atlanta)
4. Sacra (doctor, treated at Nebraska Medical Center)
5. Mukpo (journalist, treated at Nebraska Medical Center)
6. Duncan (traveler, treated and died at Dallas Presby)
7. Pham (nurse, treated at NIH in Maryland)
8. Vinson (nurse), treated at Emory in Atlanta)
9. Spencer (doctor, treated at Bellvue Hospical in NYC)
10. And now Salia (doctor, treated and died at Nebraska Medical Center)

That's all I can think of offhand. I first missed the anonymous one.

edit on 11/17/2014 by ~Lucidity because: to put more in chronological order and add where they were treated

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jennybee35

Maybe a really stupid question, but, am I missing something somewhere? Here is the CDC's update on Ebola cases in the U.S. as of November 11, 2014.....

CDC website case counts

it states only 4 cases confirmed in the U.S. So where does the count of 10 cases come from????

Like I said, maybe I am just slow this morning......

Four cases of Ebola who came down with symptoms while here in United States:

Thomas Duncan, Nina Pham, Amber Vinson and Craig Spencer.

The others were healthcare workers who contracted Ebola abroad.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I don't know why they flew him here. When he left Africa he was already critical and when he landed they said it was 'hour by hour' keeping him alive. I know his wife said that she wanted him here and that she's pay all expenses. But a lot of people were put at risk for what was obviously a lost cause. Sorry ... that may not be a good Christian response ... but that's what I'm seeing.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I agree about the oddity here. Why they fly any of them here, to three or four different places seems too risky and too inefficient.

Pick one place, concentrate all trained resources and equipment there and fly them there, not to Spain, the U.S, and so on.

This question has lingered in my mind since Brantly, when Samaritans Purse started spinning how they were paying and how they want and deserve to be home then the DoS released that very strange memo and the CDC was so vague.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Cash rules everything.

Including common sense.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Probably very, very true. But there's also probably something we don't know at play here. As in cash but for some other reason.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

I agree about the oddity here. Why they fly any of them here, to three or four different places seems too risky and too inefficient.

Pick one place, concentrate all trained resources and equipment there and fly them there, not to Spain, the U.S, and so on.

This question has lingered in my mind since Brantly, when Samaritans Purse started spinning how they were paying and how they want and deserve to be home then the DoS released that very strange memo and the CDC was so vague.

Hi Lucidity-

For some reason I always keep asking you to explain details, LOL. Can you explain this strange memo on this? I've not heard of it.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

True.

Playing the hero comes to mind.

They struggled to be the world's police.
Why not give being the world's healthcare a chance.

edit on 17-11-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It will be very scary if those who treated this doctor come down with Ebola. I hope this isn't the case, as they wore better protection than our Dallas nurses.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

What I find odd is that this latest doctor lived in Maryland (near the NIH where Pham was treated), yet was flown to Nebraska.

Why not fly him closer to home?

This would make me start thinking that maybe some unknown characteristics they are displaying are contributing to where they are being sent or something.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

The Department of State issued a very oddly worded memo when they were trying to keep their distance from the decision to bring the first patient (Brantly) to the U.S.

The whole explanation to the American public began with Samaritan's Purse saying they were doing it and paying for it on their own. That they got the CDC to agree. Then the DoS memo came out being very vague. Then it became more apparent there was more government involvement than they would admit to in that memo, like landing at military bases and paying Phoenix Air some hefty government contracts to transport patients.

I sort of documented in all in the first big Atlanta thread. in late July, early August.

But long story short...I'm just going to keep saying I find incongruities and oddness all around through all of this.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I guess it all depends if there is a nefarious reasoning.

Conspiratorially, I could speculate that they want to spread it in this area.

But that's farfetched.

So then we look towards your idea that they want to start using this as home base for ebola victims.

Having said that...

This would make me start thinking that maybe some unknown characteristics they are displaying are contributing to where they are being sent or something.

I think this is hitting the nail on the head.

Perhaps depending on what stage victims are at will determine where they are taken to be treated.

edit on 17-11-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Cash rules everything.

Including common sense.

I have to agree. Ebola treatment including transport to the US is the most expensive. But if you can afford it and the treatment is available, then what the hell. Lets give it a go.

In here for the two doctors previously treated it states…

(Phoenix Air declines to say how much Brantly’s flight cost, but so far $2 million has been spent on transport and treatment for him and Whitebol).

Link

edit on 17-11-2014 by intrptr because: added link

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Cash rules everything.

Including common sense.

I have to agree. Ebola treatment including transport to the US is the most expensive. But if you can afford it and the treatment is available, then what the hell. Lets give it a go.

It cost $500,000 to treat Thomas Duncan and, because his family threatened to sue, the hospital agreed to pick up the cost, amongst other cash settlements. That's a heck load of money.
edit on 17-11-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: intrptr

Cash rules everything.

Including common sense.

It cost $500,000 to treat Thomas Duncan and, because his family threatened to sue, the hospital agreed to pick up the cost, amongst other cash settlements. That's a heck load of money.

Hi texasgirl. Thats unbelievable. The lawsuits that is. Should be illegal to sue over Ebola right now. Friggin lawyers…

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Sounds to me like they needed to keep the ebola panic going, and since there was no domestic cases to trump up, they had to import the threat. Now they have another death that will give them a couple days of media coverage, and if they are lucky someone that was helping with his treatment will come down with it, and that will give them another couple weeks of fear mongering on the msm.

I sound jaded, but between clipboard guy and all the other stupid crap that has come out of this, anyone with any amount of critical thinking skills should see that there is something seriously wrong here.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What concerns me most about this case is, this man tested negative several times while getting worse and was in the later stages of Ebola when the last test came up positive.

<<   2 >>

join