It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Signal review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The Signal

On a road trip, Nic and two friends are drawn to an isolated area by a computer genius. When everything suddenly goes dark, Nic regains consciousness - only to find himself in a waking nightmare.

This is one hell of a movie. It seems pretty low budget from the start but gets better and better right up til the end. I hadn't even heard of it until I saw it in a list of similar movies. The only actors in it that I recognized were Laurence Fishburne and Olivia Cooke but they both did great jobs. If you are into sci-fi thrillers and crazy twists, this is the movie for you. It's hard to write much more without any spoilers so just watch it, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: thov420

thanks for the post , i am looking forward to watching it now

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
There was also a film released in 2007 called 'The Signal.' It was a pretty good horror film. It's in the vein of films like 'The Crazies,' except it's an electronic signal instead of a chemical or virus that makes people lose it and start killing. Well worth a watch.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Does it really improve?

I watched the first 10 Mins and was bored by what i was watching. Just a group of guys out travelling on the road... i don't know, maybe I switched off too soon and didn't give it a chance to get going..

It also seemed like one of those 'Documentary' type films.

Ok... maybe I should have watched the Trailor before attempting to watch the Film as the Trailor looks like a good one.

edit on CSTSat, 15 Nov 2014 06:32:30 -06000000003006x030x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

You know I think I saw that movie and that might be why I even checked out this new one, because I recognized the name. Thanks for the reminder. This new one is mostly different though.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yes, yes it does. I prob should have put in my review that it start's really slow, sorry about that.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I watched the whole Film earlier, was better than I thought. Another of those 'What exists and what doesn't'? Films. Reality or not.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I concur that it's a pretty good film. Kind of cool scenes to boot towards the end. Definitely slow paced at the start but pretty sure that it's meant to be slow.

join