It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left behind lol.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I've never read either the books nor will I watch this movie, but I do believe in the End and think it's coming.

I don't see why anyone bothers to try making entertainment out of it though. It's a very macabre and not very happy subject.

If you want an Apocalypse movie with Cage, just go watch Knowing. It's basically the same thing only with aliens standing in the place of God. It seems that maybe Cage has some kind of apocalyptic fetish, or just a fetish for sci-fi. But we are talking about a guy who named his kid after Superman ...

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh please how many 100's of years have your lot been saying "The end is high".
Poppycock.
It will only happen If a right wing religious nut is voted in the whitehouse.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
It seems that maybe Cage has some kind of apocalyptic fetish, or just a fetish for sci-fi.

Or maybe he just likes the paycheck and the publicity.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

If you want an Apocalypse movie with Cage, just go watch Knowing. It's basically the same thing only with aliens standing in the place of God. It seems that maybe Cage has some kind of apocalyptic fetish, or just a fetish for sci-fi. But we are talking about a guy who named his kid after Superman ...

Good call. I hadn't thought of that. Same story(mostly). Different characters.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: ketsuko
It seems that maybe Cage has some kind of apocalyptic fetish, or just a fetish for sci-fi.

Or maybe he just likes the paycheck and the publicity.

and signed a crappy multi picture deal and couldnt back out
who knows

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Thing is he didn't even attempt to act.
When he cried you could tell they used some sort of clear gel on his face.
Oh please don't let there be more of these movies.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Oh please how many 100's of years have your lot been saying "The end is high".

The same amount of time your lot have been scoffing.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Grovit

Thing is he didn't even attempt to act.
When he cried you could tell they used some sort of clear gel on his face.
Oh please don't let there be more of these movies.

Just wait until Kal-El gets old enough to join him. Then they can team up like Will Smith and his kid!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

yeah, thats usually what happens when you have to fulfill your contract with a crap movie

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I just thought I would add this. You can find the rapture in the bible if you know how to look for it. So here it is. And ask yourself "Where did all the people come from in the 6th seal opening?"

Matthew 24
27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Revelation 6
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Revelation 7
9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
13 And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I watched the Kirk Cameron Left Behind one time, we made a drinking game of it, every time there was a one-liner or bad dialogue we all had to drink... I woke up in my buddy's car with an upturned bag of Doritos in my lap... Needless to say, I don't much remember the movie but I do know that it must have had a lot of cheesy one-liners and bad dialogue...

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I've heard this movie was bad but haven't watched it for myself yet. I did read like 6 or 7 of the books though and they were actually pretty good reads, even though I'm not a Christian anymore. I'll prob watch the movie some day anyways though when nothing else is on/worth watching.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join