It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left behind lol.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Currently half way through watching this film and it is hard but I will force myself to watch it all.
My questions are.

1) Has Nickolas Cage got no shame? will he do any movie?.
2) Do people actually believe in this BS? If so why?.
3) Is it supposed to be this funny?.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

1 No/Yes
2 Yes and even though it's fake, you're gonna hear from them soon. Loudly. www.ucg.org...

The rapture, often called "the blessed hope," is sadly more hoax than hope, even though the man who started it had no intention of deceiving anyone. You need to know what the Bible actually says!

3 No.
edit on 13-11-2014 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

isnt it about the rapture?

the be all end all movie about the rapture is rapture-palooza

www.imdb.com...

The rapture has happened and Lindsey (Anna Kendrick), her boyfriend Ben (John Francis Daley), and their families have been left behind, doomed to endure torture on Earth. A former politician named Earl Gundy (Craig Robinson), now known as The Beast, is the Anti-Christ. But when The Beast decides he wants to take Lindsey as his wife, Lindsey and Ben most come up with a plan to defeat the Anti-Christ.
---------------

on the topic of cage, he has not made a really good movie in a long time....

takarev was ok as was joe...
for the most part though, he was good at bs action like the rock and con air...they were awesome.

he has had his moments though...leaving las vegas was pretty good but for him, valley girl is his best

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
An hour in...oh man this is hard to watch.
Best clip so far is when it all goes down and a big bearded man is running around with an armful of dresses.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

There was a whole series of books, which were on the bestseller lists. I's say they made so much with the books, that doing movies - not b movies either but well produced etc movies, would be just as lucrative.

If you read the wiki page, they received criticism of the books from various Christian groups - as not all Christians believe the same thing, but that didn't stop them from reading the books.

As a result.. they are looking to make money on the movie.

Movies you don't have to believe in... some will some wont, but I watched the book of Eli as a Muslim. Movies entertain,... they aren't real.

Just because something depicts one man's belief, doesn't mean you cannot watch it. Many people believe zombies are real... does that mean your going to stop watching, or not be entertained by the walking dead?

Now, if you don't think the movie is well made, that is different in its entirety. I can watch a movie concerning something I believe in, and not like it because it was poorly done. A well done movie is good entertainment value. Belief is optional.
edit on 13-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Back when I was a Christian, the Left Behind movie (with Kirk Cameron) scared the hell out of me (into me?). I am no longer a Christian but this movie is probably equally as terrifying since it has Nicholas Cage in it. This song also terrified me. Come to think about it, nothing ever scared me more than movies or songs about the rapture. Except maybe the first Silent Hill game.

ETA: And alien abduction stories. Many sleepless nights over those lol.
edit on 11-13-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

First, you should have known better when you saw that Nicolas Cage was in it...

Just sayin'.

I think the only movie of his I ever enjoyed was "Face Off" and that's because I was like 11. I would have to watch it again to see if it was any good or if I was just 11.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

I watched it a couple of nights ago and I love that film.
Mind you more to do with the direction I think.
I have taken a break from the movie but I will finish it after my day off nap

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

How do you be a Christian, and then decide not to be? If you don't mind me asking? What changed for you?

On topic:

The film is very poor for Nicolas Cage, I like him as an actor, especially in Face Off, but this movie seemed to be like a UK Channel 5 movie for me, I never watched it to the end because it literally made me fall asleep. That is rarity for me because I love movies!
edit on 11-13-2014 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
1) Has Nickolas Cage got no shame? will he do any movie?.

Yes. Nicholas Cage has had severe money issues over the last several years due to habit of purchasing exotic octopus pets and constructing shrines to Elvis Presley. Also has had some messy personal issues.

Terrible movie! Especially the way it takes around an hour just to explain whats going on and has no real conclusion. Rayford Steele is also the most awkward character name ever.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

How do you be a Christian, and then decide not to be? If you don't mind me asking? What changed for you?

I'm not Wakeupbeer, but we share the fact that we were both xtian at one time. Answer: The same way one is any other belief, and then becomes xtian. In my case, I was a xtian for decades, before I began looking at my xtianity objectively. When I did. I realized what I believed couldn't withstand scrutiny. So now I'm an atheist.

On Topic: The rapture is xtian mythology perpetuated to keep the sheep scared they'll miss it, but hopeful they won't. Yes, people believe in it. Mostly the evangelical/fundamentalist sects. They take it quite seriously.
Nikki Cage. Well, you know he needs all the work he can get. He's never been a great actor. Still, I have seen him in a few roles I liked him in.

REPENT Monkeyboy!!! Or be left here with the rest of us heathens.
edit on 11/13/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/13/2014 by Klassified because: formatting

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I watched this movie for about 20 minutes last week, and I have sat through alot of terrible B movies, but this Left Behind I could only take 20 minutes.

I'm surprised it got a 3.3 on IMDB iv seen better movies with a lower rating.
edit on 13-11-2014 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Movies are about money regardless the topic they use. You can be Christian and dislike the movie.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

To keep it short. It didn't happen overnight but over the course of years, as I got older. I found there to be too many issues that couldn't be reconciled rationally and eventually had to admit to myself that I could not honestly believe in the big guy upstairs. Continuing to do so would be lying to myself, and ignoring all the evidence against him, various doctrines and things in the Bible. Now that I'm an atheist I have a better view of Christianity than I did before. Some may disagree. If there is a good argument for God, I'm all ears!

Btw I get a kick from your avatar every time I see it!
edit on 11-13-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Kirk Cameron is still here.
so I doubt the harrowing has happened

Good on Nic Cage cashing in on weirdo stuff.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

To keep it short. It didn't happen overnight but over the course of years, as I got older. I found there to be too many issues that couldn't be reconciled rationally and eventually had to admit to myself that I could not honestly believe in the big guy upstairs. Continuing to do so would be lying to myself, and ignoring all the evidence against against him, various doctrines and things in the Bible. Now that I'm an atheist I have a better view of Christianity than I did before. Some may disagree. If there is a good argument for God, I'm all ears.

Btw I get a kick from your avatar every time I see it!

Thank you! I only asked because my wife has gone the same way, although I may of influenced her a little.

Credit for "The Rapture" origin generally goes to John Nelson Darby, a 19th-century theologian, The rapture, often called "the blessed hope," is sadly more hoax than hope, even though the man who started it had probably no intention of deceiving anyone.

Quite confusing imo.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
As a youngster, I spent a lot of time in panic, afraid I had been left behind, searching out and phone dialing people who I knew were going to be taken in the rapture, if I found myself alone, isolated from a Christian I knew God would take, anywhere, in the safety of my own home, a shopping mall, a city park......

My father was a loose cannon and you never knew what would set him off or when he'd go off. And, we'd all be in a world of trouble for what, we knew not. God was supposed be an even more mysterious, demanding and scarier father, so I could never know if I was in good standing or with him either, according to everything I was taught.

The older I got the more I realized how destructive that kind thought can be. We were taught not to save money or worry about credit card bills, because Jesus was coming any minute now. Planning for college or retirement was seen as a lack of faith. Give all your money to God to ensure your ticket to paradise! Do it now! Don't tarry, do it early, because "He is Coming Soon!

I feel sorry for people who live their lives according to the hope that they will never finish them, and the world will end in horrible destruction in their life times.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

God bless you! How on earth you can stand to sit through it is a testimony to your endurance capabilities. I salute you, sir. As for the Rapture nonsense, the bible itself states very clearly just the opposite. It says that the wicked will be removed and the good shall inherit the Earth. So if those folks actually paid attention to their bible, they wouldn't be preaching this Rapture stuff. It's just someones (Nelson Darby) fantasy about an easy-out from tribulations that nearly all of us have to go through.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
OMG I will never get that one hour forty five back.
I feel stupid
Oh and Cage....NO!!!.

Someone said there are more? oh I hope they don't make more.....for the love of Kubrick NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You deserve some 'pity applause' just for being brave enough to watch that crap. I hope it didn't do any perm damage to you. Seriously brave, dude!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join