It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th Ebola Victim in Dallas Texas???

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Help me understand. You misheard a conversation and now you're trying to hide behind a law that doesn't prevent you from confirming where an ebola patient might be located?

Hippa and Ebola

Another important scenario highlighted by the OCR is that health care providers may share patient information with anyone as necessary in the case of imminent danger.
“Health care providers may share patient information with anyone as necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health and safety of a person or the public – consistent with applicable law (such as state statutes, regulations, or case law) and the provider’s standards of ethical conduct,” the bulletin explained.

And now you're trying to make it seem like an unknown case is being hidden from the public?
edit on 19-11-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Thanks for the followup, even if you can't provide more info. I know you will take a lot of heat, but I appreciate your not just dropping it without responding.

I have a different perspective than some in the thread. I don't expect to always know for certain what information (from any source) is true or false. It would be nice, but there is a big difference between knowing and believing something is true or false, and there are a whole lot of shades of gray in-between.

Your OP is an interesting story. It's one of many similar interesting stories, enough so that although I don't know, I do at least believe there is a strong possibility we may not be hearing about all Ebola cases outside west Africa. Thanks for posting your OP.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I have to agree with you here. Ebola is a public health emergency and if there is a confirmed case, the authorities SHOULD make that information public.

However, our gov't believes otherwise. Even the media has agreed - for the most part - to not report "possible" cases.

How many real ones are hidden remains to be seen.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I wish I had some posters faith in our Governments transparency and record of giving a # about us the people and not their agenda. Sadly I don't and while I am not totally convinced there are more patients, I do believe there could be and am keeping a watchful eye out for stories just like this one.

Boots on the ground reports to me are as, or maybe more, important with this subject as the "real" cases the media has been allowed to report.

I and I hope most of us are intelligent enough to weed out the really outrageous stuff, this isn't outrageous to me, but entirely plausible.

I do believe that the Govt. can, will, and do lie to us daily and think the scenario of "unknown Ebola patients" is certainly a real possibility. Black Friday is rapidly approaching after all, wouldn't want all those shoppers to stay home.

Thanks OP for the heads up even if you can't confirm or "prove" anything. It is definitely something to keep in mind.

Lil

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
a reply to: AutumnWitch657
I would like to thank everyone for their contribution and patience in my OP.
I have communicated with some Mods and Super Mods here at ATS regarding what I have now learned.
I can now tell you that the conversation had nothing to do with any of the Known USA Ebola patients.
That is all I can tell you.
I must abide with the Federal HIPAA Law, as well as the patient confidentially contract that I signed.
I'm sorry, but my hands are tied.
I seriously doubt that I will reply to any more of the questions asked to me regarding this OP.
May G_D help us all!
Violater1

Do I need to point out how convenient a cop out this is?
You never even said what your position at the hospital is and I know there is no law against that.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Help me understand. You misheard a conversation and now you're trying to hide behind a law that doesn't prevent you from confirming where an ebola patient might be located?

Hippa and Ebola

Another important scenario highlighted by the OCR is that health care providers may share patient information with anyone as necessary in the case of imminent danger.
“Health care providers may share patient information with anyone as necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the health and safety of a person or the public – consistent with applicable law (such as state statutes, regulations, or case law) and the provider’s standards of ethical conduct,” the bulletin explained.

And now you're trying to make it seem like an unknown case is being hidden from the public?

If you have any complaints, please feel free to contact Mirthful Me
ATS Super Moderator
Respectfully,
Violater1

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

originally posted by: Violater1
a reply to: AutumnWitch657
I would like to thank everyone for their contribution and patience in my OP.
I have communicated with some Mods and Super Mods here at ATS regarding what I have now learned.
I can now tell you that the conversation had nothing to do with any of the Known USA Ebola patients.
That is all I can tell you.
I must abide with the Federal HIPAA Law, as well as the patient confidentially contract that I signed.
I'm sorry, but my hands are tied.
I seriously doubt that I will reply to any more of the questions asked to me regarding this OP.
May G_D help us all!
Violater1

Do I need to point out how convenient a cop out this is?
You never even said what your position at the hospital is and I know there is no law against that.

If you have any questions regarding ATS policy on discloser of personal information related to my OP, please contact Gemwolf ATS Staff.

Again, my apologies, but I must abide by the rules et regulations of this esteemed board.
Violater1

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie
I wish I had some posters faith in our Governments transparency and record of giving a # about us the people and not their agenda. Sadly I don't and while I am not totally convinced there are more patients, I do believe there could be and am keeping a watchful eye out for stories just like this one.

Boots on the ground reports to me are as, or maybe more, important with this subject as the "real" cases the media has been allowed to report.

I and I hope most of us are intelligent enough to weed out the really outrageous stuff, this isn't outrageous to me, but entirely plausible.

I do believe that the Govt. can, will, and do lie to us daily and think the scenario of "unknown Ebola patients" is certainly a real possibility. Black Friday is rapidly approaching after all, wouldn't want all those shoppers to stay home.

Thanks OP for the heads up even if you can't confirm or "prove" anything. It is definitely something to keep in mind.

Lil

I cannot speak for your location, I just don't work, or live there.
Myself, grocery store shopping will be done late at night.
Sadly, except for work, I will eschew public places for the next couple months.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Knowing full well a Moderator won't divulge any information you have provided them?

This thread didn't go the way you think it did and now you are trying to back out.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yeah. I think not.

reply to: Violater1

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Hippa and Ebola

Yup that is exactly what this member is doing. But let's all pretend we don't notice it and allow him to hide behind the lie. I'll know better than to respond to any other thread he may start in the future.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

So since this is now completely unverifiable are you going to request it be moved to Skunk Works?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

I have to agree with you here. Ebola is a public health emergency and if there is a confirmed case, the authorities SHOULD make that information public.

However, our gov't believes otherwise. Even the media has agreed - for the most part - to not report "possible" cases.

How many real ones are hidden remains to be seen.

I agree they should not report on possible cases because nearly all of them turn out to be negative anyway. But a confirmed case should be revealed ,as they have been, to alert the neighborhood of the victim and their friends co workers and family. Any case that is kept secret is a violation of public health laws as far as I'm concerned. That being said, since they've been up front so far I don't see them changing their policy any time soon and by that I mean I do not believe there are hidden cases.
If it turns out I'm wrong I'll eat my hat.
Going off to knit a hat out of sugar cotton candy strands just in case. I'm no fool ya know!!! LOL.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Seems the gray area would be most appropriate. IMNHO
edit on 11/19/1414 by NoAngel2u because: meant gray, not gay. lol

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

The media was embarrassed over reporting possible cases. They started to look foolish. They are still reporting confirmed cases without issue...Unless the dude who died in Nebraska actually died in secret and we only think we were told...

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Closed for staff review.

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

***now closed***
edit on Fri Nov 21 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join