It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virus that 'makes humans more stupid' discovered

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Ho-lee-crap. I've finally figured out why people watch those ridiculous Hallmark channel christmas movies. They must have a severe form of this virus yet to be discovered. All Hallmark channel viewers should be quarantined and tests run immediately. They won't mind at all, just make sure they have the Hallmark channel so they can watch poorly written christmas garbage 24/7 until january and they won't even notice.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

True, you need to be rather intelligent to comprehend scripture I guess.

They need an encyclopaedia though!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So, that explains the political madness going on... oh, me like memes gotta read more memes! Outrage rahhhh!!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I'm night blind so if I can walk around my house with no lights on and totally blind, does that mean I'm in the clear? Whew, dodged the ACTV-1 bullet there.

Now just don't ask me how I fare when the lights are on...those walls and doorways are out to get me, man....

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I thought they announced this last year only it was called talkradioitis?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Jokes aside it's not so funny stuff when we already have a few parasites able to affect behaviour. More than 60 million in the U.S. carry the Toxoplasma parasite so it's pretty common. Such viruses may be the cause of Alzheimer, mental illnesses and other.
Even a mood is infectious. It's like spirit possession. When you spend too much time with stupid people they can spread these stupid DNA fragments into your body. The anger-virus would't surprise me as well as SAD seasonal virus.
What about the love-virus. Or a purity virus? Nah! Most people have immunity agaist these

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So is there a cure? I seriously think I have some sort of stupid virus

Or maybe I'm just getting old...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: WampusCrandle

Oh Idiocracy. You're a cautionary tale for consumerist culture.

"Carl's Jr. F&*K YOU, I'm eating!"

who knew that Gatorade wouldn't be better than water for plants?! HOW WERE THEY TO KNOW?! ELECTROLYTES, damn it!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
well there's a total explanation of chemtrails!!

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I'm thinking that this could almost be perceived as a Pandemic considering the numbers of people involved in the study who tested positive.

40 people from one country does not represent a pandemic!

A pandemic is an epidemic of infectious disease that has spread through human populations across a large region; for instance multiple continents, or even worldwide.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I wonder if, conversely, there could be something engineered or already existing that increased intelligence in it's host?

It would seem a good survival strategy... certainly a better strategy than one that makes it's host walk into walls or predators...

But I join the chorus saying the "more stupid-er algae" is obviously rampant ...

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You know whats funny about this thread is................oh I forgot.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Now if they find a cure or even a virus that reverses this damage (virus can go dormant and become integrated into the genetic material which may explain a lot) then perhaps they can restore the intelligence of our species.
I often thought how would an alien species keep a race trapped on a planet if they did not want they in space and a virus that makes them thick is one very good candidate?.

Got to admit I would like the cure myself if they develop one and it does not remain the domain of the rich to enhance there kid's over other's, a handful of intelligent people can run the world but a planet of intelligent people can reach the stars and build a true civilization as we should have long ago, remember the passage from the bible about confounding them and making them not understand one another.

edit on 11-11-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
My god, this may finally explain the women that flock to the boob tube to watch crap on Lifetime O.O
The men though, IDK. Surely there's a clinical way to tie Bronies to this virus?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Here's ATS' population a business tip - offer a simple mouth swab test for ATCV-1, for $50 or so.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
What happens when it MUTATES .Politicians everywhere

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Almost a half of the population is carrying this cognitive affecting virus?

How do you properly spell Chemtrails?

Is it hyphenated or one single word...just out of interest of course.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

I contracted a virus about six months ago, believe it or not in my eye. I had the highest strength anti-virals for a week and I swear I felt sharper and more alert taking them.
It's probably more to do with the virus I was combating that I felt better, but you never know.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

I wasn't saying this is a pandemic, but rather having 90 randomly chosen people and 40 of them turn up with the virus points that it could be a pandemic and we wouldn't even know about it.

Pandemics don't always kill or make people gravely sick. Theoretically it could be a pandemic and we would never know it as it makes people thick in the head, not sick.

Now I'm just an average guy, but I would bet money that people who consistently make decisions based upon emotions, rather than rational thought would probably test positive for this virus.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

One wonders how the numbers would stack up for various political parties, and for people in prison vs not.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join