It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man being tested for Ebola in Belfast Northern Ireland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hi

I have checked and havent seen this being reported yet.

A man is being held in an isolation unit in the Royal Victoria Hospital Belfast in Northern Ireland. It is stated that the man has recently returned from an Ebola affected country and came to the hospital with Ebola symptoms. The man has tested positive for malaria but is also presenting Ebola symptoms. This is worrying news and the results will be due very soon.

I am further worried about this as my daughter is currently in the childrens ward in the same hospital but a different building. Ready to go and get her as soon as the result come in.

Having a relative nurse in the intensive care unit they have been briefed and apparently very worried about it. They have said any Ebola patient will be transferred to London and treated their. I will update as soon as i hear any word.

Ebola Test Belfast

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Having looked through different news outlets and contacted a source the results will be in withing the next 3 hours, but wont be publicly announced until tomorrow afternoon. This is very worrying, i am only 5 minute drive from the hospital and the place is quite small for the number of people is serves.

My partner is staying overnight with my daughter and i thought it best not to remove her from the hospital until i hear what the test results are. Although im not religious ive started to say a few panic prayers.

Hopefully this is just a precaution but the word im getting is one of worry. Maybe the panic of having this on ones doorstep.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

I saw a report in the Mirror that claims this patient is a woman (unless it's another one?)???

Excerpt:

A patient in Belfast being tested for the deadly Ebola virus may have come into contact with airline passengers in London after changing flights, it has emerged. The woman developed a high temperature back home in Northern Ireland last Friday after seeing friends in Sierra Leone. Tonight, her flights were being studied so fellow passengers could be warned in case she tests positive. A source said: “She sensibly sought help from the NHS as soon as she felt unwell. She is in isolation and being treated for a fever, chills and severe headache.” Health bosses said the tests were a “precautionary measure”. The unnamed patient has tested positive for malaria at Belfast’s Royal Victoria Hospital.

Source

As far as I know, the symptoms they list are consistent with malaria. I'm glad they're testing her (or him as the case may be) for Ebola as it doesn't hurt to be cautious.

If this person turns out to be postive for Ebola, I wouldn't blame you for wanting to get your daughter out of the hospital.

Here's a good source I found online for Ebola links from all over the Internet. I found new reports there that weren't to be had anywhere else (lamestream media anyway):

News Now Ebola outbreak

edit on 9-11-2014 by dianajune because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I wonder if Twitter would have more info? It's been known to be unreliable but on the other hand perhaps test results will come out sooner???

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

The mirror looks to have a more detailed report on it. Various reports had it down as a man, obviously guesswork.
I know its selfish to worry about ones own family on the small chance they can catch it when a womans life is hanging in the balance. I cant imagine the stress and worry she is going through and those who know her. Never thought id say this but i hope she just has malaria

Thanks for the input, hopefully will have news asap. I am down to hospital in the morning for a few hours to get more treatment with my daughter then she is coming home. Will i put on my hazard suit
. I would be sure to make the news as part of the circus scare tactics

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Seriously chap, even if she has Ebola, the chances of your wife and daughter being infected are next to zero.

You have to be in close, physical contact with the patient, so unless you wife or daughter has a penchant for licking people, they should be fine.

Rest assured, the Hospital will be taking the necessary precautions - there hasn't been a single case of infection within the UK and the one person who was treated, recovered.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Yes i know, but when its so close to ones family irrational thought and panic will kick in and that is what will cause many more problems. I noticed the ward she is in was almost empty which is surprising as it is always full, had me questioning were parents not bringing their children to hospital out of fear? or was it just a very rare quiet period?

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Just remember, this is Britain. Keep calm and carry on isn't just a funky slogan 😊

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Good news! This patient tested negative for Ebola:

The person being treated in isolation in a Belfast hospital has tested negative for Ebola. The Public health Agency (PHA) has confirmed that the person being treated for malaria at the Royal Victoria Hospital has tested negative for Ebola. The PHA said that the person was tested for the deadly disease as a precautionary measure after returning from travelling in an Ebola-affected area.

Source

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Thanks for updating the thread, was down in hospital all day. Waiting times are shocking, they did not even have a plaster for her inject area. Ive seen it all now, a hospital without plasters

top topics

join