It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC Nurse Kaci is moving from Maine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

A nurse who treated Ebola patients in West Africa and publicly fought quarantine orders in New Jersey and Maine after returning to the United States last month has decided to move away from her home state, a newspaper in Maine reported.

Kaci Hickox and her boyfriend, Ted Wilbur, plan to leave Maine after Nov. 10, or the expiration of the monitoring period for the virus' 21-day incubation, according to the Press Herald newspaper.

Wilbur did not say where the couple planned to move. "We’re going to try to get our lives back on track," he told the newspaper on Friday.

Wilbur and Hickox could not immediately be reached for comment.

and.....

Wilbur told the Press Herald he has withdrawn from his nursing program at the University of Maine at Fort Kent because university officials were not doing enough to stop threats against him. Dan Demeritt, spokesman for the University of Maine System, told the Press Herald the school "worked hard to balance the students' needs and the overall concerns of the campus and the community."

Source

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Good luck to both them in trying to get jobs in nursing anywhere, after they refused to comply with government ordered quarantines and showed blatant disregard for the health and safety of others.

They are probably leaving because they realize they will not be able to work in nursing in Maine.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Maybe they are leaving because people will still treat her like she has Ebola for years and years to come.

Either way I think we can safely say that destroying this couples life was worth an illusion of safety and some approval points for Christie and Cuomo right?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
On to their next assignment I see.

I knew it.

I knew it.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

I wonder what this is going to do for their real estate sales? Be next to impossible to sell it or to rent it but with the hate they have endured it will become law to disclose that someone under watch lived there. So sleepy, not sure i said what I meant.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Sorry comp glitching and reposted...
edit on pm1130pmSat, 08 Nov 2014 22:02:28 -0600 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

And here I thought the town was behind her. Guess not. bye

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

They will just go back to wok for the CDC where she originally came from anyway.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yah, I guess it did not matter that she did not infect anyone, but I can sure understand the felling's towards her that she did not give a damn about infecting someone.

She must've been a hell of a compassionate nurse.
edit on 8-11-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
In some jurisdictions it is required that you tell potential house buyers that there has been a crime in the house (especially a murder or suicide) and whether there has been a death in the house, even if it is felt to be haunted.

I wonder if 'someone lived here who was under quarantine for possible Ebola' will end up being included.

And yeah, getting a job in the medical field after you've become a national lightning rod for exactly what 'voluntary quarantine' means won't be easy.

Would it have really been that hard to quietly go home and stay there for three weeks, or better yet consider that part of your 'service and sacrifice' would include three weeks in Africa under tight restrictions before you get on a plane?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Would it have really been that hard to quietly go home and stay there for three weeks, or better yet consider that part of your 'service and sacrifice' would include three weeks in Africa under tight restrictions before you get on a plane?

"Sit down and shut up."
From an ATS member? Really? You think the gubment is looking out for your interests now? Not just playing political games?

In case you forgot, there was no quarantine in place when she left. When she got back; "Surprise! You're a pariah!" She had no reason to expect a pointless quarantine.
edit on 11/8/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
All this proves is that she is a 1) a government shill living a lie (like the majority of what is happening now or 2) she has realized that she messed up big time and is trying to duck heat...and yes the government does have our best interest at heart (sarcasm) Lololol a reply to: Phage

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Good luck to both them in trying to get jobs in nursing anywhere,

They probably aren't too worried about that. I can see them both entering some kind of political life. The 'lost profession' of nursing being left far behind without a glance back.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Folks in Maine can take care of themselves because you may have to wait for the law to arrive for a while. This was really stupid on her part, she obviously had little understanding or regard for her neighbors. You don't mess with people in Maine, you might just disappear into the deep, dark woods to never be heard from again.

join