It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pixar is making 'Toy Story 4'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Toy Story is coming back for another installment, and original film director John Lasseter is on board to direct. The film will be released on June 16th, 2017. This is likely to be exciting, if trepidatious news for fans of Pixar and the series: Pixar has increasingly relied on sequels for big hits, while creating great new properties has been put on the back burner. It's likely that Pixar's move toward sequels is in part a result of being owned by Disney, which would rather see Pixar continue to mine its most successful properties — of which Toy Story is perhaps the biggest.

"We love these characters so much; they are like family to us," Lasseter says in a statement. "We don’t want to do anything with them unless it lives up to or surpasses what’s gone before. Toy Story 3 ended Woody and Buzz’s story with Andy so perfectly that for a long time, we never even talked about doing another Toy Story movie. But when Andrew, Pete, Lee, and I came up with this new idea, I just could not stop thinking about it. It was so exciting to me, I knew we had to make this movie — and I wanted to direct it myself."

Pixar is making 'Toy Story 4'

Toy Story 4 they say.

The first Toy Story movie is the movie I've seen the most times because of my younger sister. She was obsessed with it one Spring Break and as soon as it was finished playing, we would rewind it and watch it again.

If they stay true to the series by doing close to real time, the toys' latest owner may have aged close to seven years by the time Toy Story 4 rolls around.
edit on 11 6 2014 by Sabiduria because: code

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
As much as I actually like the idea of Pixar making a Toy Story 4, they really do need to develop more original films. What brought Pixar to the position it is in was being Fresh and innovative. I would hate to see them go down the Land Before Time route and pump out soulless sequels for the sake of just making money.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

If Lasseter is on board, it actually might not suck. I didn't even see TS3. Was it any good?

Imagine how much better the CGI will be, too.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Fan parody

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: KeliOnyx

It's because Disney bought Pixar & Disney wants to make cash on what has already worked well instead of trying something new.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

I liked Toy Story 3 but that's probably because I enjoy movies like that and really enjoyed the other two Toy Story movies.

If you are a fan of the Toy Story series than you may want to have some kleenex on hand for the movie.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Clicked on the video but had a clickjacking attempt so I'll have to check it out on youtube. Now that's 3 areas on here where there is clickjacking happening.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

Oh I fully understand why Disney does what it does. It is just a matter of time however before Pixar quality starts falling off by going to the well too many times. Toy Story 3 left the story at the logical closure point an end and a new beginning. I hope I am wrong and the fourth installment is pure magic. I just don't see where it is necessary.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KeliOnyx

Yes I hope they don't ruin Pixar too.

Apparently Lee Unkrich, the director of Toy Story 3, Pete Docter, the director of Up, and Andrew Stanton, the director of Finding Nemo came up with this idea that made them want to retire the characters. I hope because these guys have all worked on Toy Story before, that they will do it justice.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
The makers like the characters enough to make a 4th film ......

Look, I like it, too, but Christ, let's stop with the remakes. I love Blade Runner. In no way does that mean I want 3 more Blade Runner movies. I'll just re-watch the originally constantly ... which I do.

top topics

join