It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Of Wednesday, 357 People Are Being Actively Monitored For Ebola In NYC

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
They're ending all quarantined cases here tomorrow, November 7. Then they will declare Dallas Ebola-free! (It was originally November 10 but they changed it. That's a little strange.)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Its if you take into consideration how the state politics work and the mid term elections, but if is no more cases of ebola in the state or city, I guess is not worry about more spreading of ebola until another case of possible infections makes the news.

At least you are safe in your state as per authorities.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
I'm building a trebuchet. If things get out of hand, I want a way to throw lethally hot dead bodies over the White House fence.

See what the Secret Service does with THAT.

Trebuchet? Why not a wooden rabbit? Reeks of Monty Python to me.

So long . . . and thanks for all the fish!

Bishop

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Bishop2199

I find it odd that the only thing the catapult hits is the servant

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

What I was thinking about these updates numbers from NYC is this: With several hundred people being monitored for Ebola, how many will come down with it?

The pessimist in me says with that many being monitored, we will have more cases. At least a dozen? I'm not sure which figure to throw out there, but the likelihood of NO ONE in that group testing positive is nil....esp. with Dr. Spencer making his rounds - so to speak - after he started to feel "sluggish."

The powers-that-be in this country have nothing to worry about now that the election is over. There's no point in hiding any more cases. None whatsoever.

That they came out with this report the day after the election is no coincidence.

P.S. One thing they did NOT mention in this article is that of all those people being monitored, how many are because of Dr. Spencer's escapades before being hospitalised?

On a related note, here's a Daily Mail report on an Ebola scare in the Canary Islands. All those tested are negative, so says the report. Not sure how they can do this in such a short timeframe:

www.dailymail.co.uk... truck-terrified-tourists.html

Btw, this was at a nudist beach of all places.

edit on 6-11-2014 by dianajune because: P.S plus link

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

I've been looking for a good website with such data. Thank you!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Last month I left Brooklyn with my gf and her family. As I always say better safe than sorry. I really can't trust the medical system in this country, the fact that the borders are still open, the inane checkpoints (been to West Africa? Fine, step over here please.) and the fact that the media seems to be downplaying this situation.

Very easy for Ebola to spread in NYC. The subway, buses, taxis, all surfaces. The fact that you can sometimes smell sewage on the air (Too bad Edward Norton's not around I'd chastise him for the poor sewage maintenance), makes me feel generally uneasy when it comes to health.

Ebola or not Ebola, when TSHTF, a major city is not the place to be.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The one take away I got from all this so far is that our country is woefully unprepared for any serious pandemic. I guess we dodged a bullet this time. It's hard to say

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
And as of today more Americans have married Kim Kardassian than have died of Ebola so there's no reason to be alarmed at all.

If you're making the case that the Kardassians are a virus, I'm good with that. Hopefully a vaccine will be available soon.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Please note that coughing and sniffles are not symptoms of ebola.
www.mayoclinic.org...

Thanks to the attention given to the first cases and screw-ups, it seems that many states have improved monitoring of those who have recently arrived from hot zones in Africa. I don't think it is all getting into the news, but I have noticed discreet mentions on various news sources.

For example, Pennsylvania was monitoring 105 as of the end of October:
www.pennlive.com...
According to this article, 5 states are currently monitoring, and the remaining states will soon also be monitoring.

This is GOOD that they are now taking it seriously and monitoring.
This should make people feel better and less fearful.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
" As Of Wednesday, 357 People Are Being Actively Monitored For Ebola In NYC "

Well the nationwide number must be in the thousands at least by now.

Has Nurse Hickox commented yet?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
This is laughable. I'm still not worried about it...should I be? I don't know. But with the elections coming to and end the media needs to start another # storm to scare the # out of everyone. So let the fun begin...again.

Not sceered.. not sceered.... Live by and go into NYC on occasion (for example: today). I like to keep tabs on what is going on, and ATS is generally excellent for that.

Hint why not scared: see signature link(s).

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
..............Has Nurse Hickox commented yet?

She's probably done with her publicity stunt as the election is over. What else can CDC Nurse Kaci do? The Ebola czar probably sent her on her way.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Don't know anything about this site or if it's a credible source. Anyone know?

Media Agrees “Not to Report” on Suspected Ebola Cases in U.S.

source

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

The local news in my state reported a possible case of a child that came from Liberia, he is at the children hospital in Atlanta been monitored and just across the street from Emory.

This is a case that has stayed so far within local news only.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I noticed that the British media is largely silent as well, which doesn't surprise me. Wouldn't it be nice if the lamestream media would be honest with us? I hate it when they try to tell us what to think about the news instead of just reporting it.

Only in America.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
bump

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So anyone know of any new Ebola cases?

Yes yes, we know coughs and excrements and giggles don't count for Ebola. So let's see what the media's up to.

As for Kaci Hickox, she's probably done counting her money, her husband's looking at her as a regular woman and not a media diva once again, and she was probably crossed off the Useful Tool list the media keeps.

And as for her linkedin or corporate wannabee site, her photo looked like it was from a modeling agency.

"Big smile, Kaci! You have to show your extensive range of emotions for the camera. When the CIA drafts you to play a dope in the media they have to know you're a capable performer!"

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Out of 357 people being monitored in New York, the odds that -someone- will pop up with Ebola are 'pretty good' (if I can use that expression to describe it). It's hard to comprehend why they did not quarantine all these potential time bombs.

Like the movie: "The Thing".... the one I saw in the movies in 1982 with Kurt Russell. What a horrible movie... do NOT watch it. Still gives me the creeps.

Like the movie, Ebola can pop up out of nowhere- when you least expect it.

For the record, I'm not worried personally. It would just be a very bad development for the city. No. I don't have warm fuzzies about this.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
one down, 356 to go!

Is Ebola back in New York? FDNY arrive in Hazmat suits as woman who had 'been in Guinea and was being monitored for the disease dies with blood coming from her nose and mouth in a hair salon
Daily News

from article:

There are new fears of a possible Ebola outbreak in New York City after a woman who was being monitored for the deadly virus dropped dead on Tuesday afternoon (right). FDNY activated the Special Operations and Hazmat units (bottom left) after the woman, who had traveled to Guinea just three weeks ago according to a source on the scene, died at Amy Professional African Hair Braidig in the Brownsville area of Brooklyn after coming in to visit the owner, Amy Cisse. An eyewitness who saw the body said there was blood coming from her 'face, nose and mouth.' And while the salon stayed open for business on Tuesday, Hazmat teams were back on the scene late Tuesday evening to run tests, setting up across the street from the establishment. The woman's remains were tested for Ebola following her death, and her body was removed from the site across the street from the establishment Tuesday evening (center), with results to be released Wednesday morning.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join