It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As Of Wednesday, 357 People Are Being Actively Monitored For Ebola In NYC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
NBC is reporting that the number of people being monitored in NYC for Ebola has "tripled" to 357. The authorities claim Dr. Spencer is improving and that his condition has gone from "serious but stable" to "stable". Wonderful news.

The number was 117 on Monday, now 357. If you have the sniffles and have been to West Africa lately, you're probably on the list.

The number of people under "active monitoring" for Ebola symptoms has increased from 117 on Monday to 357 people Wednesday, health officials said. The vast majority of those being monitored arrived in New York City within the past 21 days from the three Ebola-affected countries, the New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation said in a statement.

This is pretty good though, at least they're on top of the situation, or so it seems.

One of the people under quarantine for coming into contact with Spencer will now be also subject to active monitoring because "the individual poses no public threat and is showing no symptoms," health officials said. The person's movements will not be restricted, but the person will be assessed twice a day by city health workers.

If it isn't a false alarm, the moment that person starts coughing it's blue tarps and shop goggles for everybody.

Many will be negative results I'm sure, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

NYC Monitoring 357 For Ebola

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Good to get at least some news finally. After they hired the Ebola PR Czar, things got real quiet.

Doesn't it seem like the Dr. Spencer is taking an awfully long time to get perky again and start going on White House tours and speaking engagements, compared to the other ones?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

I was wondering when he'd make a statement from his hospital bed while sitting upright. Then a few days later he goes to DC for the PR stunt

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

357 Oh good, so they got them all then.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Why aren't we monitoring everyone in NYC? Why aren't we closing the borders? Stop all travel into and out of NYC. Hopefully they put my sister in quarantine too. She probabaly has Ebola.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

We better hope that it never evolves into an 'unstable' virus

So far, we've been extremely lucky

But there are a lot of people in and out of NY alone, hard to keep track of everyone
All it takes is one person to create a sh#t storm if they go undetected

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I'm building a trebuchet. If things get out of hand, I want a way to throw lethally hot dead bodies over the White House fence.

See what the Secret Service does with THAT.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
How many have been confirmed of the disease in New York?
That statistic would definitely be relevant now.
edit on 6-11-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
I'm building a trebuchet. If things get out of hand, I want a way to throw lethally hot dead bodies over the White House fence.

See what the Secret Service does with THAT.

Lol don't worry they'll just say a car backfired a bunch of bodies on the WH lawn.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
It makes sense that the "vast majority" came from african hot zones but where did the remaining minority come into potential contact and exactly how many are they? NYC subway users or hipster bowlers?

Did twice as many suspected people arrive from afrcian hot zones in the past 2 days than in the previous 3 weeks combined and if so, why?
edit on 6-11-2014 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I was wondering when the lamestream media would start reporting on this again. Hopefully nothing will come of this, but because Dr. Spencer was feeling "sluggish" while bowling, taking the subway, and Uber cabs, etc chances are many more were exposed.

Whether any of them actually come down with Ebola remains to be seen, but as I said before, NYC has to be one of the worst places in the West for this to be spread.

I hope nothing comes of this but I'm not holding my breath.

Now that the election is over, we're going to have more Ebola news. I was wondering how long it would take for them to get around to it again. So much for the Ebola "czar."

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I've found in many places quarantined cases are being hushed up, or at least barely shared or not at all by most news. The quarantine of these travelers from affected countries surely do need to be monitored at this time. The unfortunate consequence for it already being out of hand, is the hysteria of even a slight similar symptom to Ebola can spark quarantine. Not to say there should be Camp FEMA type measures for these people in questions, but to thwart a mass call for those in areas if there's an outbreak in the area. That's not even to mention according to the one nurse in the news as of late, she was treated very unfairly while being held for suspicion of Ebola.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
And as of today more Americans have married Kim Kardassian than have died of Ebola so there's no reason to be alarmed at all.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

What can I say, you are right, it didn't took long for the media to be able to start monitoring the ebola cases or possible cases again, mid term elections are over.

Sometimes I wonder who the government is fooling.

It was expected, now, NY is not the only big city with an international airport, so if NY have possible cases that amount to over 200, just look at the other big airports and add that to the possibility that they all could have

And not is not scaremongering and neither ebolafear, is just statistics.

Here in Atlanta the oversea traveling into the US accounts for about 15% of incoming, add that to other airports and the numbers of possible or just monitored cases will increase in a way that may look alarming but is not, taking into consideration that many are just will test negative.

Still in a nation of millions even 100 thousand cases or possible monitoring is just no enough for alarm as long as the "authorities" behind the ebola monitoring knows where they are.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Here's a monitoring map. I don't know how accurate
it is but it seems to be pretty good. They do have the
NYC people listed as being monitored.

Source www.liveebolamap.com...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This is laughable. I'm still not worried about it...should I be? I don't know. But with the elections coming to and end the media needs to start another # storm to scare the # out of everyone. So let the fun begin...again.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

I wish it was just that, but what you should be worry is how the government manage to shut the media about ebola for mid term elections.

And no, you should no be worry that somebody with ebola will come to your door to get you infected.

But the deception of our so call government is despicable, that tells you what else they will be making sure that you or me or anybody else knows about it.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
Good to get at least some news finally. After they hired the Ebola PR Czar, things got real quiet.

Doesn't it seem like the Dr. Spencer is taking an awfully long time to get perky again and start going on White House tours and speaking engagements, compared to the other ones?

Had more to do with news outlets actually writing and reporting on things that interest people. Ebola is kapoot in the US. And will be in Africa before long.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Seems like they're still trying to scare us with this bull.

Deblasio has me more worried than ebola here in NYC.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Might I remind you fear mongers of the story of the boy who cried wolf?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join