It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola is NOT spread by zombies, says minister.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Some people are trying very hard to convince us its not Zombies. Do we believe?

"International Development Minister Desmond Swayne tells the Commons a constituent believed zombies were responsible for the escalation of ebola

International Development Minister Desmond Swayne has dismissed concerns that Ebola is spread by zombies.

The Tory front-bencher told the Commons he had to enlighten a constituent who believed zombies were responsible for the escalation of the killer virus.

But Mr Swayne noted the "irony" of Ebola is that people are capable of causing infection when they are dead.

MPs heard there have been around 5,000 deaths and 14,000 cases of Ebola, as of the end of October, during the ongoing outbreak in West Africa.

Speaking during an adjournment debate on the issue, Mr Swayne said the strategy for UK operations in Sierra Leona could be summed up as "beds, burials and communities".

He said: "Burials - we have established with our support some 83 burial teams, they have made a profound difference in Freetown.

"From only a few weeks ago with only 30 per cent of victims being buried within 24 hours, we're now at 100 per cent and that experience is going to be rolled out throughout Sierra Leone.

"A constituent wrote to me saying that he believed that Ebola was being spread by zombies and I had to disabuse him of his belief in zombies.

"But the irony is that actually people are most infective when they're dead and one of the problems is that the burial traditions, which involve intimate skin-to-skin contact and the washing of bodies, are highly infectious and so we are having to drive social change so that people can understand that they can honour their dead without being infected by them."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

So even some EDUCATED people think its zombies!
edit on 11/6/2014 by HD3DSURROUNDSOUND because: added link

edit on 11/6/2014 by HD3DSURROUNDSOUND because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Quoting External Sources - Please Review This Link
edit on Thu Nov 6 2014 by Jbird because: ex tags

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
They must be trying to hide the results of failed experiments.

There must be a reason for the sudden outbreak.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Agreed, why would they go to the trouble of making soooooo many zombie movies if they weren't trying to get an idea of how a zombie Apocalypse would play out with the human race? Its all in their design but like you say its a failed experiment, or is it? What if in a years time there are 1 000 000 million affected in Africa and it has spread worldwide? Time will tell. So far its made 5000 zombies and is showing no sign of stopping!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Agreed, why would they go to the trouble of making soooooo many zombie movies

To make money.
www.boxofficemojo.com...

And to give some relief from ghost movies.

edit on 11/6/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You don't think its strange that now in the media, they are starting to link the word Ebola with the word zombie? Its a mind control technique. Everything is planned but I think this guy made a mistake and "leaked us some good “insider“ info. I wonder if he will regret it at his next secret meeting?

A reply to your edit: its easier to manufacture a zombie than a ghost (may be the zombies will turn into ghosts after spending all their money on fake vaccines and ghost and zombie movies!)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Everything is planned but I think this guy made a mistake and "leaked us some good “insider“ info.

I don't think so.

International Development Minister Desmond Swayne has dismissed concerns that Ebola is spread by zombies.

The Tory front-bencher told the Commons he had to enlighten a constituent who believed zombies were responsible for the escalation of the killer virus.

Some ignorant someone thought ebola has something to do with zombies. That kind of ignorant superstition is more frightening than zombies and more dangerous than ebola.
edit on 11/6/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

The one thing that got me was seeing 28 Days Later. Not the fact that they were rage "zombies" but the fact that they bled. A lot. They spat blood, it dribbled from them. Their eyes were blood red. The twitching.

Then Ebola became a big news item. Granted 28 Days Later was quite a different film, they weren't technically zombies as they never died, they rapidly became infected. But, they featured themes like quarantines, military intervention (mostly to try to cull the infection and the civilian population), and it seems like that whole America comes in to try to rebuild is like the situation evolving in West Africa.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

“They LOVE the idea of a zombie Apocalypse and “they“ all sit with their popcorn everytime a new zombie movie comes outand they do the whole evil laugh thing and think "soon this will all be real you bunch of air wasting, insignificant, fleas!

I'm no an insider I'm just imagining how it would go every time a new zombie or world war movie comes out.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
They must be trying to hide the results of failed experiments.

There must be a reason for the sudden outbreak.

Eating bats and monkeys medium rare seems to be the ingredients.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Whoa, that's a load off my mind.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sheesh.

I thought everyone knew zombies can't give ebola, but can get ebola....and only on buses.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Once a zombie is cured he\she is immune to Ebola (unless it mutates.)

top topics

join