It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise attack simulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I just saw this youtube video and it got me thinking.

www.youtube.com...

Would this really be the way WW3 would start? Does Russia really have such weapons specially made for a surprise attack? Because the video appears quite plausible, at least someone did made an effort to showcase such an idea. Trucks would go to Europe to strategical places and begin the onslaught while fighters scrambled for a second wave with troops and other ground assets coming with a third wave.

The vid leaves me wondering if Russia has such weapons and maybe more?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

LOL! This is pure fantasy. I wouldn't exactly call it a "simulation".

Embedded for convenience:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I think most air bases in Europe have hardened bunkers to protect the planes from airborne attack.
Cute video though.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Empires always think they can conquer everyone.

The evidence that they can't is when they start building "Wunde Waffe" (Pronounced Voondeh Vawpheh… Wonder Weapons) like video game drones, million dollar bombs and billion dollar bombers.

The idea that a few super expensive hi tech shiny things can defeat another super power (like Russia) is similar along the lines of other Empires that thought they could do the same thing. Like Hitler and Napoleon, for instance.

Nope, haven't learned a thing.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Looks like a contraption someone conceived in Garry's mod. Definitely a flight of fancy. Next we'll be seeing Gundam simulations.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: johnnyjoe1979

Someone probably did come up with a concept like this - thinking outside the box, as it were.

But this is a seriously retarded concept you might find in a "GI Joe" movie, and nowhere else. They might as well plan on attacking with one of them Transformers robots. If you could park a semi-trailer that close to an airbase which contains pretty much all the West's combat aircraft packed nose-to-tail, I could think of better things to pack that semi-trailer with.

I *thought* the video was going to show something like this: www.military.com...

That particular weapon system is really more about anti-ship operations, but the concept of modularizing / hiding weapons is shipping containers like this isn't new.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! LOLOLOLOLOOOOO!!!!

That's ridiculous...smh

Here is reality...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
One thing is for sure, a lot of missiles will be involved.

Heres want that looks like in real life. "Defensive" missiles fired in timed succession so they all arrive on target at once. Observe high , medium and low launch trajectories. From just one battery.

While America has busied itself with huge expenditures per carrier and bomber plane, other countries have been building thousands of missile platforms to throw against them. Quality vs quantity usually has but one eventual outcome in protracted war.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm not one to applaud mass killing machines but that was frickin awesome!

I want the game!

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Any force that decided to expose there military assets in such a manner would deserve to lose them. It's not like they could even take of considering there numbers. Like the other guy pointed out no need for mega attack drones, if you can get a truck containing such a device that close to an air base without detection then you could do far worse with a nuke.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

One thing is for sure, a lot of missiles will be involved.

Heres want that looks like in real life. "Defensive" missiles fired in timed succession so they all arrive on target at once. Observe high , medium and low launch trajectories. From just one battery.

While America has busied itself with huge expenditures per carrier and bomber plane, other countries have been building thousands of missile platforms to throw against them. Quality vs quantity usually has but one eventual outcome in protracted war.

Missiles have great range and are very hard to intercept, but they're still much more expensive than a GPS guided Small Diameter Bomb which can be procured in the thousands.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel

Missiles have great range and are very hard to intercept, but they're still much more expensive than a GPS guided Small Diameter Bomb which can be procured in the thousands.

The jet and aircraft carrier used to deliver the bomb make it way more expensive. I'll take hypersonic, sea skimming, self homing missiles over an aircraft carrier bobbing in the ocean anyday.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It'd be believable if they'd ditch the ridiculous giant quad-copter part. No reason why somebody couldn't park a Katuyusha in striking radius of an otherwise "secure" target if it's got something like a beer-truck wrapper cleverly placed over the outside. If it were parted out and mostly manufactured locally (little in the way of import inspections, and money talks), I doubt anyone would be none the wiser either.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
its so crazy that it just might work.

new topics

top topics

join