It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Large Explosion At Redstone Arsenal in Alabama Tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
My cousin called and she said she felt a very large explosion in Huntsville tonight and the local radio came on and said it was at the Base. Her husband works at the base but was already home so they are trying to find out what happened. There must be a news black out so far cause the local TV news stations are not even reporting it. They are both used to the noises there so this is either a new weapons test or something big going very wrong.

Back in 2010 they had an explosion kill two men so do some investigating peeps and I will let you know what I find out on my end. My cousin does not make things up as she is a very educated 45 year old woman who has lived there all her life, let alone her husband working at the base. When he thinks something is wrong its time to worry.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
www.al.com...

The arsenal's Army Aviation and Missile Life Cycle Management Command Safety Office has been conducting demolition missions this week.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Isn't NASAa there? ...and I'm sure the news media is all about the political voting right now and not aware.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I think shadowplaya nailed it above...

Noise from Redstone Arsenal testing showed up on seismic monitors yesterday. (October 27, 2014)
Madison County residents should brace for another round of booms today.

The arsenal's Army Aviation and Missile Life Cycle Management Command Safety Office has been conducting demolition missions this week. Those explosions created sounds loud enough to show up on seismic stations in Huntsville. On top of that, Redstone Arsenal's Test Center will be conducting tests today and low cloud cover can make that noise even louder. Yesterday's noise was heard as far away as Monrovia.

Expect more booms coming from Redstone Arsenal today

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Very interesting. They are probably disposing of some old weapons the fun way.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Redstone is an interesting place. And, yes, pay no attention to the explosions.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Yeah Its an old place so in with the new and out with the old.

That is where the first U.S. Atlas rocket reached space. It was not the Nazis at NASA who made it to space first for the US.

There is also a massive bunker in the mountain there.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Wouldn't the OP's cousins husband have already been aware of the demolition being performed though? So obviously if he knows all that and still thought something was wrong with the explosion then maybe there is something else going on?

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

That is where the first U.S. Atlas rocket reached space. It was not the Nazis at NASA who made it to space first for the US.

There is also a massive bunker in the mountain there.

Did not know that. Thanks. I do know that some pretty heavy-duty drone engineering goes on there. You don't happen to know what all those aboveground multiple-pipeline looking things that run all around the base are do you? It's not water. Shiny metal pipes.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Fuel!! Bases like this require a buttload of it and its probably piped in all the way from Mobile. Also many different places on the base require a lot to flow at any given time.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Three more massive explosions at the base today around 5pm. The largest yet! Has my cousin and many of her friends worried since she has never heard any explosions this large since she has been born lol. She has always lived there. Also She said a very large plane flew very low over the city Sunday morning at 1AM. Her husband is being tight lipped on this cause the base has admitted that besides the Demolition that is going on they are also doing testing so expect more booms.

Sounds like they are adding to that massive bunker they have there.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shana91aus
Wouldn't the OP's cousins husband have already been aware of the demolition being performed though? So obviously if he knows all that and still thought something was wrong with the explosion then maybe there is something else going on?

Its is a massive place, he is in the civilian side and spends most of the time in a office or out of the country for the Army. Bought all I can say about what he does.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Its is a massive place...

Absolutely. And there are all sorts of things going on there at any one time. Redstone was a fun place to be a contractor.

eta: the explosions referred to by the OP were demolitions of large munitions. There was a particularly good one on the 27th or 28th that caused some minor damage outside the base. That's why they've got damage claim forms posted on the base's home page.
edit on 12-11-2014 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I am currently a little north of Hville. I haven't noticed nor heard anyone mention the explosions here. I will see if I can do any digging though and find something. They aren't being reported on Folkworm, so they must be adjusting it edit them out.

folkworm.ceri.memphis.edu...

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

a reply to: The GUT

Fuel!! Bases like this require a buttload of it and its probably piped in all the way from Mobile. Also many different places on the base require a lot to flow at any given time.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Confounded the heck out of me as I grew up on AF bases (60-70s) and can't recall seeing that before. Quite a configuration they have there!

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Uh, Huntsville is exactly where they put the Germans.

en.wikipedia.org...

I guess they figured they'd get along with the segregated neighborhood better than in MD or CA.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mbkennel
How right you are, mbkennel. Wernher von Braun and his group were brought to Huntsville after WWII to develop the space program. Marshall Space Flight Center is located there, and they do all sorts of scientific research and development; some of it quite exotic. Originally, there was competition between Marshall and Houston over who would become the space flight command center. Houston won.

The Redstone Arsenal, the U.S. Army Space and Missle Defense Command Headquarters, the Space and Rocket Center, as well as a hundred+ other high tech companies are located in Huntsville, AL. It’s actually quite a high tech, well educated little town.

The reason I’m aware of this is because I do a lot of work for a company specializing in engineering research/development and scientific systems. They have divisions all over the country and abroad, and do a lot of contracting to NASA, Aerospace and DoD. I’ve been sent to their Huntsville Division, as well as Cape Canaveral in FL, to work on various projects quite a number of times, as well as a bunch of other places.

I like Huntsville in many ways, and hearing loud booms around there doesn’t suprise me at all. They like to blow and shake things up, test super high pressure release valves and rocket/missile motors, and test weapon systems, etc.

Cool place...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
No photos. We need photos.

www.youtube.com...

My cousin called and she said she felt a very large explosion in Huntsville tonight and the local radio came on and said it was at the Base. Her husband works at the base but was already home so they are trying to find out what happened. There must be a news black out so far cause the local TV news stations are not even reporting it. They are both used to the noises there so this is either a new weapons test or something big going very wrong.

Back in 2010 they had an explosion kill two men so do some investigating peeps and I will let you know what I find out on my end. My cousin does not make things up as she is a very educated 45 year old woman who has lived there all her life, let alone her husband working at the base. When he thinks something is wrong its time to worry.

edit on 25-11-2014 by Asynchrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

Well this topic died out and I swore it hD pictures on this thread. I know there was at least a radar image someone gathered.

Anyway on the news I seen an FBI ISIS warning and in the same article REdsto e issued a big warning to military personals.

Link:

www.al.com...

All I thought of was how in WW2 they kept secret the thousands of balloon bombs that headed this way. If this was an attack would US gov even release it. I think biggest mistake of 9/11 was saying what it actually was. Make sense?

new topics

top topics

join