It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Belief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

If you agree to stay behind on this world, you get to pick whatever you want to believe. The world can laugh at you and tell you "you're wrong," but your worldview is entirely in your hands. I'm not going to assemble firm axioms going forward, but I think this is a good first principle. I have not enjoyed the nature of the teachers on this world thus far. It all seems like just another elaborate ego game to me.

I'll be the first to admit that I still have an ego and that it is constantly tricking me back into the competition. Why should I be judged for being human? Why should any of us be? It seems to me that the reason we are bombarded so constantly by teachings of self-sacrifice is that it is alien to us. Even those who have fallen to their knees to drink that kool aide are still constantly pulled back into the game by their egos. The simple fact is, we don't need propaganda in favor of independence and self-love. People already adore themselves. On that front, Satan has already won, at least using terminology Abrahamics might understand.

I do love people more with this new insight, and not the contemptuous, "I secretly want all of you to sacrifice yourselves," kind of love, but a respect for who they are in practice, at least I think.

People are amazing. In their selfishness they aspire to something so much greater that while they sin and engage in vice, they nearly justify themselves for the most part, and then you have these creative types who certainly justify everyone else. The whole world could descend into squabbling chaos and one guy could be off in the corner of a field assembling together a symphony, and his efforts alone would make all of the rest worthwhile.

How could any creature ask us to sacrifice this independence for any reason whatsoever? This is the sole feature that makes us truly human and makes our time here truly worthwhile. Without a self, there can be no evolution, there can be no progress, there can be no intentionality. This is what distinguishes us from furniture and lower animals. How can we ascend in spirit by going backwards in character?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I am not comfortable in this world. This game I find boring, but alas I am here to anchor the frequency as I suspect many of you are too, my sisters and brothers. There must be positive and negative in proper balance. The energy will not flow sufficiently if there is an imbalance. So therefore the imbalance must and will be corrected.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Whether by choice or by force, we are now subjected to an imprisoning "reality" in which the only way to overcome it is by the destruction of the ego in order to find our true divine Self within. This is the symbolism of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection. In order to transcend this limiting reality and ultimately have all that we desire, we have to release all desire for all that we desire. It is truly a paradox and the most difficult thing any incarnate human being faces. Most don't even realize that's what they are facing and will continue to be recycled into the Matrix until they eventually awaken - and then overcome, which is the hard part (and that's an understatement).
edit on 4-11-2014 by TombEscaper because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

What is funny to me at least is that each time I step into the light, that which is burned up most readily is that which is the ugliest and least justifiable aspects of myself, and this refining process leads towards virtue. The more virtuous I become, the less I believe the theory that the self is evil and the less I want to leave this place. I honestly don't even really desire all that much anymore. A life of simplicity and balance is more than enough for me. I hear all these people talk about letting go of all desire and surrendering to the annihilation of the ego. If they have done these things, why are they still here? Why aren't they off in Eden or wherever it is they supposedly go?

Kabbalists seem to chuckle about it, as if it is a shared secret of theirs. Personally, I think there's something funny about the whole thing. They claim out one side of their mouth that most who go there are annihilated and then out the otherside of their mouths that they've personally been there. I've even overheard two or more of them speaking together as if they know each other in this other life, as if it's some mystery they are privy to that the rest of the world is in the dark about.

How can an evolved being who has rejected the ego use the very same mechanisms that inspire jealousy against the uninitiated? Is it perverse to have an ego, but righteous to use the egos of others against them? Is that not leading someone by the hand directly into a pit? I'd think if they truly are a lover of God and truly do want people to liberate themselves from the ego that they'd employ different tactics.

The ego in many cases is like a donkey following a carrot on a stick. Those who lead it into pitfalls, to me, are practitioners of hypocrisy. If it can be led into folly, can't it be used to lead people into liberation as well? That is my hope, because I don't see myself sluffing mine off anytime soon, but I'm beginning to see how I can modify the conditions of my thinking so that I coerce my ego into cooperating with my better intentions.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Interesting points to ponder. I'm not even sure that it's possible to completely surrender the ego while imprisoned in a fleshly existence, and I'm pretty certain that anyone who says "I have accomplished the complete destruction of my ego" is proving the opposite just by making that statement!

When I talk about having all that we desire, I'm referring to the experience of a much higher plane of existence. Imagine transcending this mundane life of duality, aging, and death by ascending to an existence outside of time and beyond the duality of life/death. I think this is something that quantum physics is touching the tip of the iceberg on, with the theories of multiple and infinite worlds and universes.

To me, having all that one desires, or "reigning in the Kingdom of God/Heaven" would be equivalent to having access to any and all "realities" that we could wish to create or be a part of. A truly divine and infinite existence where we can do and create and experience anything and everything that we wish! Perhaps I'm shooting too high but if we can imagine it as a possibility, and science is beginning to suggest that it is a possibility, and we have been told that we will reign in the Kingdom of God if we overcome, then...why not??

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

If that's the case, then that makes things easier on me. My fear is that this world is literally just an illusion as such it would be a waste of energy to try to do anything here whatsoever. That is kind of the impression the Kabbalists give. If the secret to ascension is not that the world is an illusion, but that ascension unlocks additional powers/abilities, then I'm fine remaining in smallness, because I really don't have any desire for powers/abilities. I just don't want to waste my efforts on something truly meaningless.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Those kabbalists you are talking of are impostors and frauds otherwise they wouldn't be speaking that way. What you spoke about of stepping into the light and being refined is the truth, as I KNOW IT. Anyone going around telling people that they are a master, isn't a master.

You know Jesus' favorite title for himself was Son of Man, not Son of God. When he was saying that if you have seen me you have seen the Father he was speaking of God in Flesh as the actual Nature of God. Paul echo's this as "Christ in You is the hope of Glory", and "the two shall become one flesh, this is a great mystery concerning Christ and the church", this is expanded on in Revelation with "behold I saw the holy city, New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven adorned like a bride for her husband… in it there was no need for a light for the lamb and God were her light." This is the picture of the entire creation being unified with God.

This nature isn't to be discarded, but refined, renewed, and resurrected. That is the birth of the Sons of God. "All creation moans in labor pains for the unveiling (birthing) of the Sons of God. The creation was subjected to futility/vanity, not willingly, but in earnest expectation that the creation (all of the creation) would be set free into the freedom of the glory of the Sons of God".

Your self is not destructed, it is unified with the One. This is a message of hope not of hopelessness.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
I am not comfortable in this world. This game I find boring, but alas I am here to anchor the frequency as I suspect many of you are too, my sisters and brothers. There must be positive and negative in proper balance. The energy will not flow sufficiently if there is an imbalance. So therefore the imbalance must and will be corrected.

You are not of this world and neither am I.

This is a great start to understanding and knowledge.

Remain humble and be patient. Wait for the next revealing.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

Interesting points to ponder. I'm not even sure that it's possible to completely surrender the ego while imprisoned in a fleshly existence, and I'm pretty certain that anyone who says "I have accomplished the complete destruction of my ego" is proving the opposite just by making that statement!

It is possible, but kind of hard to find someone who has done it. As the ego surrender the more silent that person becomes.
Like you said: "anyone who says "I have accomplished the complete destruction of my ego" is proving the opposite just by making that statement"

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

No disrespect intended, but you sound almost comical.

Why do think self-sacrifice is alien to us? Is it because of our current programming and short-sightedness?
How do you think we will survive as a species with limited resources if all and everyone want to selfishly finish first?
Selflessness will provide more opportunity for everyone to have a better ride here. (BTW, this is what separates us from animals.) Even the christian bible will back that up, when Jesus returns we will have the kingdom of heaven returning on earth. If you take that literally, a magical being will descend and make this place paradise on earth. Yes, maybe, in the case that you believe someone external will step in and regardless of your own effort will give you what you were waiting for during all those lifetimes here on earth. However, maybe it was a metaphorical description? Meaning that when we are selfless ie. become Jesus-like, we will cause this transformation on earth ourselves without extra help from magical beings.

What you describe as human, having a so called ego, it is in fact not human but predatory behavior. Why do we keep falling back on it then? Well, it is not easy to upkeep something 'alien' when the whole of societal structure and everyday life operate on the principle of predation. Why become the only sheep in a pack of wolves? You know the outcome, I guess...

Independence is a great lie, believe me or not. Everyone is dependent whether they like it or not. Independence is a great fabrication of the ego, it has no existential basis or verification. Everything in the universe is dependent.

You asked 'How can we ascend in spirit by going backwards in character?'. I would then like to ask, how do you know you are maxed out in character that any seeming gain in spirituality would seem to be a loss in character? Isn't it rather that what you consider loss in character is actually loss of ego and gain in character that your current state of being cannot possibly comprehend or foresee.

Becoming what you were meant to be requires...

ultimate bravery, ultimate vigilance, ultimate perception and ultimate surrender

... and is not an easy task.
edit on 5-11-2014 by TatTvamAsi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TatTvamAsi

Oh, trust me, I can see the comical nature of my present situation. I'm a walking contradiction nowadays. I want the ego, but I hate the fruit it bears, and I love the light, but I hate the thought of marriage. I'm sure if there is a God out there that the rod is shortly to come. May the correction fix me instead of breaking me. ;p

I once had a great sorcerer look me in the face, do a little dance and count backwards from five. I really didn't know when he reached zero whether he would punch me or take my picture. As it turns out, when he reached zero, fireworks went off all about me. It was then I learned to fear sorcerers. You never want to let them drag you into their worlds, because while they can delight, they can destroy. I think your Jesus said it best. Fear not the man who can kill you in the flesh, for once he has killed you, there is nothing left he can do to you. Fear the man who can send you to hell.

As far as I'm concerned, heaven is a state of mind, and I will reside here as long as I'm permitted. Apparently my demons are powerful enough to reside here with me, so it is going to be a bumpy ride. ;p

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Well, everyone summons their own demons and must dispel them as well. I hope you are not making your ride overtly bumpy as it is ultimately up to you. I wish you well on your chosen roller coaster.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I'm an open book nowadays. If nothing else, if the path doesn't edify me, maybe it can stand as a warning to others. ;p

You too. See, now that had the ring of truth to it. Why aren't you one of these teachers. They could learn from you.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: zardust

I am learning to love you Christians, at least those of you who have abandoned the traditional path. Your Christ is a different story. If the light is Jesus, why does it never say, "I am Jesus?" I have assembled together all of the words of Jesus alone as recorded in all the gospels and apocrypha, and other than the Gospel of Thomas, which is as doubtful as its namesake, he speaks very little in any of the available sources. How are you supposed to follow a man who is largely silent?

George Fox has more substance than Jesus, although he used that faith to get people to drink from the font of light.

I view Jesus as just another guru and Christianity as just another belief system. If you're going to have a belief system, why not build your own? If you're going to be imprisoned, why not craft it as a prison of your own designs?

There are over 1 billion people on this planet who claim to be Christian and how many of them have the light dancing behind their eyes? If Christianity was a vehicle for illumination, the world would have been rectified a long, long time ago.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

When a person sees The Light they are seeing themselves, as well as Jesus, although they may not realize that.

For those Christians who may disagree, the Christians scriptures say that Jesus is The Light of the world (John 9:5), but so are we (Matthew 5:14-15) and neither will they be able to say 'look here', or 'look there' because The Kingdom of God is within (Luke 17:21).

Nachash, you talked about "Virtue", "Vice", and "Self-Sacrifice", but...

If the kingdom of God is within us, then isn't self-sacrifice the same as sacrificing another? If the kingdom of God is within us, then isn't hating yourself the same as hating others?

If The Kingdom of God is within us, then sacrificing others cannot be "vice" while self-sacrifice is "virtue"; nor can self-hatred be "virtue" if hating others is "vice".

The saying goes:

"Love thy neighbor as thyself"
edit on 5-11-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
a reply to: zardust

There are over 1 billion people on this planet who claim to be Christian and how many of them have the light dancing behind their eyes? If Christianity was a vehicle for illumination, the world would have been rectified a long, long time ago.

Christianity is not the message of Jesus. Christianity is the same as the religious leaders of his day that killed him. That is the way of the world. The reason that the world hasn't been rectified is because they have abandoned his message in favor of their religious mindset.

BTW the book of John has many references to Jesus and the light. Its a major theme of the book actually, and all of Johns books.

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcomea it.

6There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

9The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Let me just say this, Satan gets way too much credit for things he doesn't do.

Satan only has the power to manipulate someone who is willing to be manipulated. He didn't win at all. When we think of Satan in the Bible and the temptation Jesus went through, there were three things offered:

1: Material satisfaction
2: Invincibility
3: Wealth and power

Jesus responded all three times "Get thee behind me". Jesus said all we need to really live in this life is every word from God, because seeking material satisfaction is never ending, we always want more and more. We will never be invincible because we are humans. And wealth and power doesn't really fill what we need inside, and that is love.

When I was growing up, my pastor used to tell us "Don't ever use the excuse that Satan made me do it". People are not quick to take responsibility for their own actions, and generally it is their own actions that cause the problems in their lives. But they can't accept that so they blame Satan for it.

Jesus said "Satan is roaring lion seeking whom he may devour", well, if he has to seek whom he may devour, then apparently he can't just devour everyone, only those who let him.

I suspect that by your intellect, you have not allowed Satan to influence you, so he is limited in what he can do, and since he is limited, he can't devour you. Don't worry about it, he's not winning over you at all. The very fact that you question it, shows that he hasn't devoured.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

For me, Satan is an allegory for the ego, so when someone say "The Devil Made Me Do It," they are really saying, "I gave into my own temptations." When I say my demons survive in the light, what I am meaning is that those negative, competitive and counterproductive forces and inner narratives are still with me to this very day even though I am learning to love and embrace the light.

I'm not worried. Why should I fear myself? What I am afraid of is staying stuck on stupid so long that I end up missing some window, but given how ordinary this life truly is, I have a feeling that I have the rest of my life to sort this out, and maybe even several others, so the concept of urgency seems to be largely psychological.

Thank you for your concern; however. If I ever make it beyond where I am today, I hope to maintain empathy for my fellows. I don't see how supposedly enlightened people are so aloof.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

I'm an open book nowadays. If nothing else, if the path doesn't edify me, maybe it can stand as a warning to others. ;p

You too. See, now that had the ring of truth to it. Why aren't you one of these teachers. They could learn from you.

Aah, there we go again. Actually, I was once asked to be one of them teachers (for Osho). I refused on grounds that I am my own guru and am not going to take responsibility over anybody's spiritual development since it is anyway up to themselves. Secondly, I declared that I would not give any mercy to the teaching of Osho when I would see it fit to make a point. For some reason, my recruiters gave me an odd look and gave up.

Teachers can give pointers, but whether the teaching sinks, is up to the pupil. Nothing can be taught if the student is not in a receptive state, so I also think that the teacher will manifest himself when the pupil is ready. And that teacher does not have to be a teacher in the traditional sense, it could be an odd remark or casual observation from any passerby that catches you unawares. It could be even you. And I am still humbly learning from existence, my greatest teacher, there is no end goal to enlightenment, it is a constant and ever refining process of awareness.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Pretty much

new topics

top topics

join