It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the French state has a team of UFO hunters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Hi all,

Just saw this article and thought some of you might be interested.

Why the French state has a team of UFO hunters.

Interesting that tax payers money is going into this, though I am all for it either way.

It seems that out of all the cases, most of which they can explain away there's still this...

But there are around 400 UFO sightings going back to the 1970s that the French team cannot explain. One, an alleged flying saucer landing near Aix-en-Provence in 1981, they take very seriously - there were landing marks and multiple witnesses.

So...is the truth, really out there?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: comfortablynumb

Star and Flag!

Yes, the truth is out there, but it can also be found in the realm of statistics and I am very sure that governments around the world spend a lot of money based on what the statistical data says.

They don't hold a census for no reason.

The Drakes equation basically statistically proves that life IS indeed out there in the universe, which is so huge we haven't even explored fully our own oceans let alone solar system.

So it would be the height of arrogance to categorically deny the presence of life elsewhere in the universe, at least until we fully explore our own galaxy.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
25 years ago, neighbouring Belgium sent two F-16 chasing triangles ...

Considering the performance and manoeuvrability of the UFO. It could well have been Anti-gravity technology.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ForeverMan

The Drakes equation basically statistically proves that life IS indeed out there in the universe, which is so huge we haven't even explored fully our own oceans let alone solar system.

Drake did his equation long ago before it was found that many many suns have planets going around them.. So the chance for life "Out There" Is actually greater that his equations would indicate. But yes your point is well taken.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
the way i see it, life in the universe? sure why not, who knows what is out there.
We know life in the universe is possible, we have a few billion different examples of it.
As for aliens coming here, to abduct people or cows, draw stuff in crop fields and all of that...nope, sorry.
Any "evidence" brought forward so far is circumstantial at best.
Frankly i see this as nothing more than a scam to get some of that sweet tax payer cash.
They, like any other group involved in researching the ufo phenomena will come up with nothing.
Well maybe an inconclusive tv show with spooky music at some point.
i think the day we will see our friends from the stars, it will be obvious and undeniable. it won't be some covert op like the stories we have today...how convenient, that aliens, bigfoot, the chupacabra the mothman and lizard people all went through some kind of training that made them a crossover between a ninja and 007. lol
The truth is out there, but like i said, when it will be reviled it will be obvious and direct

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

It sounds much like the old MoD UFO desk , a small staff with little funding which is in reality a leftover from the cold war days.

So...is the truth, really out there?

It is but I'm afraid ET has played no part in that truth , the truth is more to do with perceptions and management of those perceptions by governments and government agencies.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I imagine that many countries investigate UFO sightings, this one is just not hiding it from the public.

It exists because there was a desire for it, from the public. People who see these things clamor for investigation. The government is supposed to be "of the people, for the people"... so it is expected that this is responded to.

As someone who had a sighting in France, and has known others that did, the biggest problem we felt was the lack of answers to definitively explain what we saw. Even having a clear cut answer which explains it as a natural phenomenon, or human made aircraft, is preferable to the big empty question mark!

I knew a guy who had a sighting which lasted for an hour, while in a helicopter, with a metallic disk that seemed to "play" with them, and he took really close and clear pics of it. He went nuts trying to get someone to investigate it (at the time, he had not been into the whole UFO thing and didn't know about GEIPAN. This was before we all had computers and internet). He kept trying to contact the french airforce and they kept waving him off. Finally an exasperated higher official got on the phone with him, rather irritated, and told him that his sighting has nothing special about it. Pilots deal with these kinds of things all the time, and they have no knowledge of what they are or where they come from. They have no answers, and they don't have time to bother with it. Basically, he told him to "shove off, we have no answers for you, though we believe what you saw."

If you imagine them being bugged all the time by people like that, you can understand why they need an agency to refer them to.
edit on 4-11-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
***snip***

I knew a guy who had a sighting which lasted for an hour, while in a helicopter, with a metallic disk that seemed to "play" with them, and he took really close and clear pics of it. He went nuts trying to get someone to investigate it (at the time, he had not been into the whole UFO thing and didn't know about GEIPAN. This was before we all had computers and internet). He kept trying to contact the french airforce and they kept waving him off. Finally an exasperated higher official got on the phone with him, rather irritated, and told him that his sighting has nothing special about it. Pilots deal with these kinds of things all the time, and they have no knowledge of what they are or where they come from. They have no answers, and they don't have time to bother with it. Basically, he told him to "shove off, we have no answers for you, though we believe what you saw."
***snip***

Sorry man. You have to do better than that. Link to those clear and fantastic pics would be the least to expect.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I think most countries have some sort of UFO-investigation publicly funded.

And why shouldn't they? Many people claim to see things. Some of those things MIGHT be something new invented by another country spying or just testing their technology.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: HolgerTheDane2
Sorry man. You have to do better than that. Link to those clear and fantastic pics would be the least to expect.

For one- I am not a man. I am a woman.

Two- I have no idea if he ever put these photos on the internet. As I said, it was a long time ago, before internet was common to have. He gave me one of the pictures, but a friend of my brother "borrowed" it and has refused to give it back many years ago.

Three- I am not concerned about you or anyone else believing his story. You have completely missed the point and are trying to lead the thread off topic.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

For one- I am not a man. I am a woman.

Two- I have no idea if he ever put these photos on the internet. As I said, it was a long time ago, before internet was common to have. He gave me one of the pictures, but a friend of my brother "borrowed" it and has refused to give it back many years ago.

Three- I am not concerned about you or anyone else believing his story. You have completely missed the point and are trying to lead the thread off topic.

Sorry Woman.

I wasn't trying to lead anything astray. In fact, if there were pictures that are clear and perfect, I'd be most interested in seeing them.

Also it struck me as odd that someone fervently trying to be heard apparently hasn't released the pictures for all to see.

However, I just felt that your paragraph was exactly like so many other UFOstuff.
"I know someone", "I heard that". etc. etc.
Those are the little stories that will be collected, rememberred and put into a bundle of other little stories. And then it will be used to validate the notion that "many people have seen" and "we are many that thinks".

It is essentially worthless, but gold to the UFO-crowd.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Also it struck me as odd that someone fervently trying to be heard apparently hasn't released the pictures for all to see.

He may have. It is very likely. I have never searched to find out. I am no longer in contact with him, for the last 19 years or so. But if I go and find that he has, and linked them here, then I would be leading this thread off topic.
Personally I am not that interested in his experience, nor feel it important anyone else believe it.

However, I just felt that your paragraph was exactly like so many other UFOstuff.
"I know someone", "I heard that". etc. etc.
Those are the little stories that will be collected, rememberred and put into a bundle of other little stories. And then it will be used to validate the notion that "many people have seen" and "we are many that thinks".

It is essentially worthless,

Exactly. So there is no reason to dive into them.

The point was- people have experiences of this type. Whether it be hallucination, or failure to recognize natural or man made phenomenon, they are upsetting to those people and they often get obsessive about it until they can get some explanations. There is a need for some sort of agency that can deal with those people.
edit on 4-11-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
There so many reason to that fact. The first one is that there are a lot of ufo's in europe for décades and great waves such as 1954 1974 and 5/11/1990 in France. 1954 1974 are also belgian waves. The belgian wave of 1989-1994 is tied to the fall of the Berlin Wall for parts.

The second reason is that there are many ufos each year, 2014 is a year of importance with the "drones" cases above nuclear plants, since 6 october and still pending, the real information about those "flights" is that there big triangle above two or three plants. there is a big blackout of official information about this, but a plant was concerned many months ago with same debunking.

The third reason is that there are collaboration with others governements around the world, because many governements take ufos seriously, very seriously..; because many pilots saw ufos..

Then you should consider that covering ufos offically is the best way to control some side effects in the general population anf gain acces to testimonies.

after that there is a new and promising cooperation between the scientific world and the militaries about ufos , the caipan workshop is a world premiere with some of the best ufos intervenants for putting new ways to do ufology.

sorry for my bad English, my mother tongue is french..

so this is not a mod like system, this is a new system and if the geipan is not the very best way to do things , yet they are.. and the fact that this exist is very important for the future.

All the governements hav take the ufo phenomena serioulsy since the 50', for exemple the Uk had a special service in 1952 1953, the russian since... 1926 ! , the italian, the german also, those informations are little known . Since 80's there a blackout of information for some reasons

But there are stil waves , for exemple in germany in 2005, in Argentina in 2008 In russia, in china in 2012 and so on , for Europe some countries are regurlarly concerned for example thare are many cases in danemark each year, or in Holland , many cases in Portugal too , so ufology is not dying, it's just a problem of acces to the information

and if the French officials still have this agency is not for the present but in prevision if the future.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: josuavalley

the french have a good way of thinking for years,they take the info as it is the say"how can we study it" i remember reading the
COMETA report,it think that was late 90,s.

this newer group has a way of weeding out the rubbish with a detailed witness report i believe.

just remember that you dont have to prove anything to anybody,the fact people cant get their heads around why they come here is funny,trying to understand something they dont believe in,its funny.

what would we humans do if we found primitive life on a planet tomorrow?

top topics

join