It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Z-Nation Humor plus Zombie Apocalypse

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Is anyone else watching this? I wasn't sure if I would after the first episode but after watching a few more I got into it. I love that it doesn't take it all so seriously and came up with some good comedy in between all the death. They get creative with things an episode a week or two ago they had a zombie shoot off first prize being a 50 cal and the character 10,000 has made a sport of it even got deadly with a slingshot.

Anyway thought it was a fun enough show to start a thread on hope some of you agree.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I love it and haven't missed an episode. I also love The Walking Dead but sometimes it seems they try to hard and the end result is too dramatic. Z Nation has a good blend of comedy and seriousness that, to me, works.
Doc is my favorite thus far but a good love to hate character is definitely Murphy.

edit on 3-11-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
We made the horrible mistake of watching some Town of the Living Dead and it lost us with the zombie penis.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I love anti-heroes. A character which doesn't develop isn't good literature. Even when he tries to help his friends, he breaks norms to do so. It is interesting.

I love the kid with the number for a name. I hope he's known as 100,000 one day.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I haven't missed an episode yet. Parts of the show is hilarious like when Doc got stuck in the air shaft with the Zombie.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Reminds me of the time I cranked up my truck on a cold morning and heard a really bad knocking sound. I got out and popped the hood.
A stray cat had crawled up under the hood, probably to keep warm. It got spun through the belt pullies.
Catsup. Not the best way to start the day.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Anti Heros, Amish Zombies, Z nados, Znamis, Zampeds they all make good fun. Then there is doc that guy cracks me up on everything especially when he got the zombie stoned in the air shaft. I couldn't tell from the show with the Znado but did her fireman husband actually save her or was that in her imagination and that chick is tough she really took out her anger on that Z when she got drunk.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The zombies look pretty decent-thank you for bringing the show to my attention.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
YES!

I'm not alone! I freaking love Z-Nation! 10K is feaking bad ass! I was hooked after the first episode. And then there was the zombie tornado and I was like, this show is for me. And the scene with Doc in the ventilation shaft, I was pissed when I thought he was dead, Doc is a boss. At any rate, great show. I look forward to seeing how far it goes!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

The one thing I enjoy the most is the speed that the zombies can obtain in znation, in walking dead they are just that walking not running not attacking just lumbering along. and doc is the main man in my book too.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

It's a B level show, but it works because they know it's B level and don't try to act as if it's something it's not. I too was not sure after Episode 1, but have grown to like it.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
It isn't that bad.
Iam sure it was a book or something before.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
It isn't that bad.
Iam sure it was a book or something before.

I really doubt it with how cheesy it is. It doesn't seem like it would work well as a book. I could be wrong ... but doubt it, really doubt it.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
It's made by Asylum...yes THAT Asylum that make all of those terrible straight-to-dvd rip offs of more famous movies.
They make the covers so similar that you almost think they're the real thing.

If you like B-Movies and just plain terrible movies, some of them can be fun I suppose but most are awful.
They do have a bit of a cult following.

Transformers became Transmorphers
Robocop became Android Cop
Cloverfield became Monster
Snakes on a Plane became Snakes on a Train
I am Lgend became I am Omega...

And so on...

Here's a list

LINKY

edit on 4/11/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Yeah I'm into Z nation... The hooked me in the first 10 minutes with the Walking Dead and Dawn of the Dead homage... I like stuff like that... IT is a lot lighter then WD and a fun watch. B TV all the way though.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I like it.. But it is not the greatest at least it is zombie with comedy and a lot less bold and the beautiful, slow as the walking dead is..

ohw noo im getting sooo flamed for this...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Dumbass

Walking dead can be slow, it's really not a horror series. My wife loves some episodes and others leave her snoozing.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Some episodes of Z-Nation were sort of slow/lame but they are mostly fun to watch.

I liked the nuclear glow in the dark zombies for entertainment purposes.

Favorite line from this weeks episode was "someone woke up on the wrong side of the zombie apocalypse".

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I must say I'm actually watching this and find it amusing. Much better than the Walking Cr@p , especially since they make fun of the genre .

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Oh man the last episode got real. In a way I think I do like this better than the walking dead.

Nukes we got nukes.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join