It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's Why Ebola Is No Longer In the News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
And still no one is addressing the source or the premise of the OP. Who said that the media was made to stop? One blogger. And an assumption in the OP with no backup. Oh well...ATS will be...ATS. I swear this place has a severe case of ADHD lately. Or something.
edit on 11/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I tried to support such

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

Can we trust the lamestream media to report the truth about REAL cases of Ebola? I doubt it.

Perhaps we will hear about more cases after the election. We can't have Ebola ruining things, can we??? Obama's handling of this issue angers many people, esp. members of his own party.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Come to think of it, we haven't heard much about many of the big recent scandals, as of late... NOW government decides to function properly, with a goal... Things are on the upswing!

edit on 11/3/2014 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The movement of troops to Liberia was allowed without a fuss during the peak of the Ebola scare, there was no longer a need to hype it up so it quieted down.

Now we can "rebuild" Liberia in a modern image of debt and servitude, probably give them oil infrastructure and have them owe us back for payments on the infrastructure we built.

Liberia will then be asked to accept WTO standards and recognize their debt to us and recognize their place as servants.
edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ebola is no longer in the news because it went through the 2-3 day life cycle that even big stories have. To hold the attention span of Americans for longer than 2-3 days the story has to be something truly spectacular, or has to feature a young blond that might go to prison, some sort of subject matter like that.

For the average American, #Ebola is no longer a threat. The authorities weren't able to build a case for total fear against Ebola, despite their best efforts. It's better not to talk about it at all.

That being said, apparently in the South "Ebola is Obama's Fault" bumper stickers are selling out.

Of course, the Republican Party must blame absolutely EVERYTHING on President Obama.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I think its either 1 of 2 things....

1. Ebola was never a big deal here, it was hyped up and used up. Nobody wants to hear it anymore.

or

2. The news outlets are keeping quiet to help the economy. Since it has such a long incubation period, why not wait a month or so until after black friday to see what happens?
edit on 3/11/2014 by osirys because: spelling

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

That is why he was called by Obama itself to do the ebola dirty business, he is regarded as a fixer and a good one as per news when He was assigned to be the "ebola Czar", this is dangerous and troublesome.

So he did what he was told to do, fix the ebola scaremongering until after elections, control of airwaves and spread of information, then when they need the ebola scare again for the promotion of the upcoming vaccines to be ready in Jan 2015.

By then I wonder how many real cases will be out already spread around and in how many states.

Scientist are predicting more cases in the US, but not as an epidemic, but more as sporadic cases as health care workers and "visitors with visas" from ebola hot spots arrive in the US.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

.....Because the fear 'pandemic' was growing worse than the threat from Ebola. People absolutely freaking out more than the situation called for.

And why in the name of Sam Hill did anyone think the Ebola Czar should be an M.D.? I mean, did any of you suppose he was going to be seeing patients? Put his shingle on the door "Ebola Czar open for business".

It was created to organize, make decisions, plan strategies, and who knows what else. M.D.'s mostly prefer the hands-on practice of medicine.

Although I do notice the silence happened suddenly. I would like to at least know how Dr. Spencer is doing, and such. But then again, Tuesday is voting day, and those races are the focus of news now.

I always smile when I read Americans post as if they are the entire world.

Open your Internet browser and search the news in other countries, for a change. Might give you some perspective of reality and the wider world.

News on Ebola hasn't dried up or gone quiet over here in Australia. The focus is now on preparations for if Ebola arrives on our shores.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

What people don't understand about this "czar" is that he wasn't appointed to get Ebola under control. He was appointed for political "damage control." It wouldn't surprise me if we suddenly get more cases after the elections.

Think about this: Could you imagine the uproar if many people turn up exposed, esp. in NYC because of Dr. Spencer's journeys while feeling ill? NYC has to be one of the worst places in the West for Ebola to turn up. Too many opportunities for this to spread.

Tptb wouldn't have started an Ebola "swat" team, trained medical workers to go about the country within 72 hours notice, or started Ebola treatment centers in certain states (like in NY State, where I live not far from one of those centers), etc. They wouldn't have stockpiled on thousands of body bags and hazmat suits, nor would they have reserved a company's stock of such equipment for "government use only."

Don't pay attention to what the government says, but what it does.

Does anyone find it odd that CDC Nurse Kaci is being very quiet all of a sudden? That she agreed to not set foot within the village limits of Kent, Maine until after Nov. 10th? This wasn't her attitude at all before the last day or so.

Election Day is officially upon us. I bet there will be more cases after today. If I'm wrong I'll eat my hat.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

I got out of NYC because of Ebola. Simply, it can't handle Ebola. The people aren't prepared, they feel nothing can go wrong, the structure will always protect them and NYC will always come first.

If Ebola doesn't do major damage, something else will eventually and hearing politicians like DeBlasio talk out of their sewer trying to calm down millions of faithful Starbucks customers doesn't sound like it's bound to succeed.

The czar is a fool along with the rest of this administration.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

What people don't understand about this "czar" is that he wasn't appointed to get Ebola under control. He was appointed for political "damage control."

What you don't understand is that he has no reason to say anything to the public and probably won't.

That is not in his job description. His role is purely bureaucratic, to get various government agencies which are involved with disease control on the same page with ebola. To coordinate and try to minimize duplicated efforts. Of course, being a bureaucrat, efficiency is not exactly part of the job description either.

edit on 11/3/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
There is only one reason...

The main reason is.....LOOK SQUIRREL!!!!

... what were we were talking about????

edit on 3-11-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I know I miss my daily "West African Man Has the Sniffles" threads but I'd rather they stay in that vein than become "Pandemic: Major Cities Quarantined/UK Seals Border/Troops Recalled/Vatican Silent".....

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I know I miss my daily "West African Man Has the Sniffles" threads but I'd rather they stay in that vein than become "Pandemic: Major Cities Quarantined/UK Seals Border/Troops Recalled/Vatican Silent".....

Well this type of Ebola will not go pandemic, but wait until a airborne one mutates...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Don't hold your breath.

Oh, wait. Maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

You are seriously asking why the media should report suspected case........Do you trust the people in power? Getting facts and figures on suspected Ebola patients is the only way we can see a cover up dear readers.

This is a question of trust and the limiting of free speech by a central power structure. This is the simple truth.
edit on 4-11-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Don't hold your breath.

Oh, wait. Maybe that wouldn't be a bad idea.

I remember reading the Hot Zone in the late 1980s and there was an airborne monkey only Ebola in Washington lab.. You never know... hehe

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I remember reading the Hot Zone in the late 1980s and there was an airborne monkey only Ebola in Washington lab

I hate airborne monkeys. Not sure why.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I remember reading the Hot Zone in the late 1980s and there was an airborne monkey only Ebola in Washington lab

I hate airborne monkeys. Not sure why.

Now think of that same monkey with Ebola too... hehe

Who needs Zombies?

edit on 4-11-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join