It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberian woman with fever hospitalized in Oregon, awaits Ebola test results

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I don't recall anyone saying she was positive (maybe I missed that, but the link on the post I replied about was KPTV which is a local Fox New channel)
But back to the subject, hopefully her results will come back today and she will be negative

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I imagine the Ebola test will do that. We have no need to confirm the accident. We are only entitled to that test result. Any other cause of her fever is a private matter. reply to: intrptr

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: whoreallyknows

Page 2 halfway down.

According to this website, (EDIS data), the case in Oregon is a confirmed infection. I thought they were still waiting for test results?

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hopefully she is negative. a reply to: whoreallyknows

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The only reason I am familiar with RSOE-EDIS is from years of the reading the various threads dedicated to earthquakes, the most recent of which is Quake Watch 2014, soon to he renewed for next year.

The quaketards (that's what several of the long time, regular posters in the thread call themselves) over there always done a great job analysing and reporting earthquakes from around the world, and have debunked the RSOE-EDIS site more than once for a variety of errors.

In regards to the woman in Oregon, and now a second potential case being monitored, I really hope she does not have the disease and can resume her normal life soon.

Years of shifty dealings and stories being changed does not give one much confidence that we will be given the truth without having to dig it out.

Keep up the great work, ATS!
edit on 2-11-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: typos, hate this tiny phone keyboard

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I live about two miles from the hospital where she is being treated. The local news this morning said that she no longer has a fever and feels better, although the news station that reported that this morning still has an old story on their website.. www.kgw.com...

Should have test results today.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical I agree with you about shifting reports and a deliberate decision on when and what to report.
New potential case today in Aspen, Colorado. Frank Peters returned from Liberia on Wednesday where he worked with Doctors Without Borders. He has decided to remain in voluntary quarantine. Currently he has apparently no symptoms.
According to the Denver Post dated November 2nd, 2014.
Interesting comment in the article is that the County Health Officials will only be speaking to him. No indication that anyone will be personally monitoring and verifying the information.
I applaud Frank Peters on acting responsibly to ensure the publics safety!

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

I've been in accidents myself and never developed a fever. That explanation doesn't seem right. I guess we'll have to wait for the test results and see. Maybe it's the flu or something? Hopefully not Ebola.

As weird as it sounds, some might actually develop a fever after an accident and it may not have anything to do with infection but an immunological response to the stress of the accident instead. I've done too much housework and developed a fever that way, lol. I developed a 103 fever working a 15 hour desk job in a high stress situation. Sounds totally weird but, based on those experiences, I know one can develop a fever without any infection at all.

lol

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
a reply to: SubTruth

I found a website that almost fits your description, but it's not devoted to just Ebola cases. Here's the link for RSOE-EDIS. The first part you will see is a worldwide map, followed by the Ebola section, then others. In the Ebola section they have columns for WHO data and EDIS data.

According to this website, (EDIS data), the case in Oregon is a confirmed infection. I thought they were still waiting for test results?

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Thanks for posting the link DianaJ......I appreciate it. I wish had more than one star for ya. I will listen to what the other posters said about this website and keep my skeptical glasses on.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Still nothing showing on the news, no updates posted from the Providence Health & Services. No statements from tbe hospital. Nothing.

Ive seen a couple of blogs and sites that theorized her results are being delayed until after the election on Tue

Im not sure if thats the case, but it sure is silent out there.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Once again... its a hipaa issue once the test is completed. Its not a political one.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

Im not saying its political just notes its what some others are theorizing.

In regards to HIPAA, they can't release any information that will personally identify her. However, the health department can report a case of a disease that can effect public health.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: whoreallyknows
Still nothing showing on the news, no updates posted from the Providence Health & Services. No statements from tbe hospital. Nothing.

Ive seen a couple of blogs and sites that theorized her results are being delayed until after the election on Tue

Im not sure if thats the case, but it sure is silent out there.

Yeah....their silence is deafening. It wouldn't surprise me if the gov't is withholding more Ebola info until after the election. But then again, wouldn't that backfire? Many people are po'd already.

I'm not convinced that voting does any good, but that topic belongs in another thread.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: whoreallyknows
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I don't recall anyone saying she was positive (maybe I missed that, but the link on the post I replied about was KPTV which is a local Fox New channel)
But back to the subject, hopefully her results will come back today and she will be negative

Will they get results back on a Sunday? If it was sent out to lab, there probably won't be a response until tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Just found this. She apparently tested negative and no further testing will be done:

A Portland woman who recently visited Africa and was being monitored at a Milwaukie hospital for possible Ebola has tested negative for the disease. Providence Health & Services announced Sunday that no further testing was required for the patient. “Based on test results and an evaluation of her clinical condition, I'm pleased to say there are no cases of Ebola in Oregon. The CDC has advised us that no further testing is required,” says Paul Lewis, M.D., Tri-County health officer. “We are satisfied that the system worked and continues to work well.”

www.kptv.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I worked in a laboratory for years, this would be considered higher than STAT. Yes they would get results for Ebola even over the weekend.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Great news! Thank God!

Thanks DianaJune.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join