It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

review...."Nightcrawler"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Not a perfect film but Jake Gyllenhaal's acting in this neo-noir was almost perfect. The only thing about this movie I didn't like was the sound track. Everything else was fantastic. From the very opening shot you are drawn into a satirical and disturbing look at the world of a psychopath.
The imagery was classic from DP Robert Elswit's on his view of the LA nitescape. Flawless script....
This one should be nominated at the very least for an Oscar imo.

edit on 1-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

embedded a trailer for you. Looks like an edge of the seat kind of movie.

edit on 1-11-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I read a review about how dedicated he was to his character. He lost 20lbs and at one point during filming, he was so into character that when he punched a mirror, he had to get stitches.

From the trailer I saw last night it looks like it's going to be a really good movie for him. I think Jake is a good actor, I've always liked his roles, especially Donnie Darko

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
He was absolutely incredible in prisoners, when I got home I searched whether or not he actually had an eye twitch in real life, but that was just something he brought to the character... he and his sister are soooo talented

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I kept wondering why, if he's such a quick study, was he such a loser at the beginning of the movie? What had he been doing in his life up until that point, since, when he set his sights on news gathering, he quickly became an over-achiever?

Good movie, but not the best release of the week. I like 'Birdman' and consider it a more likely Oscar contender.

Gyllenhaall is just so creepy.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
He was absolutely incredible in prisoners, when I got home I searched whether or not he actually had an eye twitch in real life, but that was just something he brought to the character... he and his sister are soooo talented

He was also fantastic in "Brothers"

Check out the old con mopping the floor in the first 5min of the movie. When I was an extra before I became SAG.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-11-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join