It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My favorite X-Man gets a stand alone Movie.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Gambit to be done as standalone with Channing Tatum as the lead role.

Source

Your thoughts?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: metalholic

Channing Tatum as Cajun french from the bayou? No way he can do the accent... Not sure that was a good idea...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Yeah I'm afraid that's a con to him doing it. But if he can pull it off let's keep it understandable and not too much attention needed to get the jist of his points.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Meh.

Gumbo...exploding dice and playing cards some blah blah Shadow stuff or whatever...something Cajun. The end.
...or is it?

No it will be the end. I still won't believe it until it's on the screen...even then...I will need to have a lot of convincing. Or beer. But beer at the movies is like six bucks for a 20 oz.
edit on 31-10-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
That's awesome Gambit is my favorite X-man as well. Can't wait to see the Cajun.

I wonder if it will be an origin's thing and he will be back in the bayou.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

It does seem out there. Why not Phoenix or Beast?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Let Tyler Kitsch reprise the role of Gambit from the movie "X-Men Origins: Wolverine". If Marvel/Disney can ressurrect the stalled career of Robert Downey Jr. they can do the same for Kitsch.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: RossWellOldMexico

I had thought about that notion aswell didn't understand why they didn't keep the theme with him. Must be cause origins wasn't worth the hype in all honesty.

Things like Sabretooth and Wolvy being brothers and the end boss was bogus.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I'm hoping it gets right into the action save the origins for action breaks throughout. But keep it high octane.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
They need to flirt with the love connection between Rogue and Gambit.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Ya that guy did great, but of course Tatum will get the female audience in there giving it a chance to make more money.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I love Gambit too. Back in the day I wanted Jean Claude Vandamn to play the role, but them days is over. Tatum will do, but can he get the accent down?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Are you kidding me?

Tyler Kitsch did a TERRIBLE job in the role, in fact, the entire Wolverine: Origins film was bloody terrible, but he stood out as being one of the worst things in it, other than the bastardisation of Deadpool of course, which was a travesty the like of which I have no wish to see repeated.

The guy could not figure out what accent he was going with, and instead used about eight throughout the course of his involvement with the plot! Screw that guy! Channing Tatum, a guy with two last names, might be a knuckle dragging halfwit with all the acting skill of a stuffed set of night wear, but at least the fellow will choose one accent and stick to it!

Good GRIEF! Although, it has to be said there are better choices for the role. Personally, I would recommend someone who has actually lived in a bayou for some length of time, but ANYTHING other than Tyler Kitsch would be a blessing!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: metalholic
a reply to: the owlbear

It does seem out there. Why not Phoenix or Beast?

They ruined the Phoenix saga already. No going back.
Hank McCoy will never be done justice on the big screen unless he is shown as the genius he is. In other words, an Avengers crossover. One of my all time favorites...

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

all i can say to a gambit movie is

HULK SMASH!

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Gambit is a boring character. Channing Tatum is a cardboard cutout.

Sounds like a perfect match.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

my thoights > :

they will crank out movie after movie until they run out of marvel characters or audeiences boycott the franchise

squirrel girl anyone ?

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Channing Tatum is not a good choice for Gambit.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

JCVD would have been cool as Remmy Lebeau!

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Now think about Rogue. She needed to be more like the Rogue we saw in the 90's animated series. And she had a fling with Remmy. Which I hope they get into in the movie.

This time doing Rogue right.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join