It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disillusioned Millennials Dump Democrats, Blame Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I am among this group, I suppose, even though I hate the term "Millenial" almost as much as I hate being called a "Consumer" and when government services refer to me as a "Customer" instead of a Citizen. But I don't blame Obama for this. Obama is just a mediocre puppet who may or may not have had Big Ideas before his election. Either way, he is every bit the empty suit he was accused of being in 2008. Just a convenient way for the establishment to mask the agenda driving both major parties.

I have no affinity for Democrats, because their ideas are bad. I don't like the Republicans either, because their ideas (when they have them, which is rare) are worse. But what I really hate is that voters swing wildly between these two more or less identical ends of the bait-and-switch spectrum, year after year, as if voting for one over the other is going to teach anyone a lesson. The persistent mass delusion that the system is something more than an overplayed Good Cop/Bad Cop routine is maddening.

For the Democrats, I am tired of hearing them yammer on and on and on about "inequality" and "lack of opportunity" while quietly enforcing the conditions that foster both of those things. I believe in strong and effective social safety nets for moral and economic reasons, but I completely reject any system where those nets become cots. Our welfare state mocks those who need it by forcing them to stay on assistance instead of lifting them off of it for good. The so-called "Progressives" in our government are really good at talking, but that's about all they can do. Obama, for his part, is chief among these useless idiots. He'll jump at any chance to get on TV and talk for hours about all the great stuff he's trying to do, but not until days or weeks after he should have just shut up and done it already.

And the GOP is no better. For a party ostensibly based on protecting individual liberty, they sure do have a fetish for the Police State. Their anti-abortion, anti-marijuana, anti-marriage equality, anti-science, pro-theocracy, pro-torture, pro-war, pro-incarceration, poverty-shaming platform reads less like a treatise on the power and necessity of individualism and more like the manifesto of a bunch of backwoods culture crusaders willing to use every weapon in the arsenal to protect the status quo to the last man. Ever since Nixon's Southern Strategy assimilated the Dixiecrats, they have been on a witch hunt to purge every ounce of common sense and goodwill from their ranks. 50 years hence, the Party of Lincoln is the kind of club where Jefferson Davis would be pretty comfortable.

The sad fact is that as much as I would love to vote, I have no one to vote for. Every election is rigged by crooked gerrymandered district lines, or bought out by billionaires with more money than respect for the democratic process, or just pointless because the only choice available is between two corrupt dirtbags whose only loyalty is to their own reelection.

I'm at the point now where I have decided to vote for whoever seems like the absolute worst choice, because the only thing left that has any hope of teaching America anything is giving us exactly what we're asking for.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
So what's the alternative?

Vote republicans and you get the same # but packaged differently

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

There are many other alternatives, but of course, most Mericans have no idea because they are too busy being caught up in the Republican and Democrat "Ra Ra, go team go" bull# politics.
edit on 30-10-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Disillusioned Millennials Dump Democrats, Blame Obama

I blame millennials for voting Democrat and Democrats for sucking only slightly more than Republicans. The only reason I like Republicans a little better s because they aren't actively trying to dismantle the 2nd amendment, but I don't trust them either.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree with you.

Republicans suck as well but at least you have the liberal press to keep them in check and they are afraid to go to far. The press with this administration is in their back pocket and promoting insanity.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

What good is the 2nd Amendment if you have no rights left to defend? I agree it's disgusting to have one party trying to undermine and eviscerate our right to bear arms, and the other party afraid of advocating for the 2nd Amendment's actual purpose -- not "hunting" and "gaming," but the right to use force against domestic tyranny. Unfortunately, the GOP is using its gun rights advocacy to get votes while simultaneously drive its xenophobic agenda, keep everyone scared of "Those People" and pitting workers against employers to distract both sides from the thorough fleecing of both the banks are carrying out.

Democrats, of course, just talk a lot. And lately, they don't even really say anything with all those words.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
A Very nicely thought out reply Vezati0n, So, you are very much in the mind of the Original Author of this article. Trusting neither end of the same S##ty Stick. I can't blame you for that, you're very much in The Ballpark of my own thoughts on the matter. A Big Star for you and Thank You so much for your reply. Goodnight and Peace
Arjunada a reply to: vexati0n

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
"tumbles from 47% in April to just 43% now"

What a load of crap. 4% isn't "tumbling". To "just" 43% now. If it was legit they wouldn't need the BS. If anything, probably a tendency to go with the lesser of two evils, and GOP has a number of issues specific to them outside of economy, which either side and it's probably going to be the same or similar. Think Karl Rove dancing...Obama can sing though!
edit on 10/31/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hi Turq1, Just the thought of Carl Rove Dancing is sickening, Yuck!!! Brings back one of my scariest memories of a trip to Jamaica years ago and being at this beach party in Negril, where there were hoards of Fat Middle Aged Tourists Dancing on The Beach to The Live Reggae Music most of them Shirtless/Topless. It was very disturbing and something I still haven't gotten over to this day. (Mounds of Fat, Wrinkled White Flesh). A True Halloween Frightener. Thank You for your reply and Peace
Arjunanda. a reply to: Turq1

over

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It is not just millennials who are disenchanted.

The black community is also becoming disenchanted as witnessed by a thread on ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com... - go here to follow the links

Why? (I'm going to risk the wrath of the Mods and repost here what I posted in that thread and one other)

the black unemployment rate has risen around 8% since 2008 evilblackeconomist.blogspot.com...

in 2008 one in every 15 black adults were incarcerated www.nytimes.com...
in 2014 one in every 11 black adults are incarcerated www.pewtrusts.org...

in 2008 12% of black's were living in poverty www.newsmax.com... in 2014 the black poverty rate is 27.2% www.huffingtonpost.com...

in 2008 65% of all black children lived in single parent households www.childtrends.org... in 2014 71% of all black children were born to single mothers www.childtrends.org...

in 2008 47.5% of blacks owned their own home www.pewhispanic.org... in 2013 43% of blacks owned their own home www.bloomberg.com...

Black women have more than 50% more abortions than all other races combined. Women with one abortion are 30% more likely to get breast cancer and if they are under 18 800% more likely to get breast cancer. www.blackgenocide.org... www.wnd.com... go here if you want to follow the links www.abovetopsecret.com...

Millennials are not the only ones that are disillusioned. This is what happens when hope and change are forced on American citizens in an Alinsky type manner. (If you don't know both Hillary and Obama are Alinsky worshipers)

A third party IS a viable option, if people get off their tush and do something rather than just complain about it. Saying a third party is not an option is giving up and allowing 1984 to happen. So if you hate both parties, get up and go do something about it, start a third party or vote for a third party (Libertarian is a viable option - the believe the government should stay out of private lives, out of almost everything and

Don't moan and complain and not vote, then you are allowing totalitarianism to flourish.

Get up, go vote, even if it is for what you consider a loser party, enough people do that, the loser party may just win.

Don't like the libertarians - then stop whining about hopelessness - go start your own party! It is NOT hopeless.
-

................don't just sit back and whine like a loser.

edit on 10Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:53:13 -0500am103110amk315 by grandmakdw because: addition

edit on 10Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:59:22 -0500am103110amk315 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm very glad to be outside of the Democrat/Republican paradigm.

It sounds exhausting.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Yes Agentshillington, and a very Dark Pit it sounds to me N'All. Their journey out of The Light must be somewhat worth it to them though. Their Temporary Gains seem so sweet I guess. Thank You For Your Replay and Peace
Arjunanda a reply to: AgentShillington

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

While that would be preferable, I suspect that it will eventually reach a climax and violence will ensue. The disillusioned chanting, "Do you hear us now?" I hope I am wrong, but that's what I anticipate. You aren't going to get the disillusioned to participate in a system they view as corrupt and rigged. I know I have reservations, since the election of 2000, to ever participate again. By the way, I voted for neither Bush or Gore in that election; I voted for Ralph Nader. It's not because my candidate "lost." It's because that particular election showed the system for what it is. Perhaps I am wrong, and there will be some "meeting of the minds" between the disenfranchised and those who think they are participating in the "grandest show on earth" when they "vote," but I wouldn't hold my breath. Just being honest.

edit on 31-10-2014 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yea, I'm A Gen Y Type and to be honest my interest in voting for anyone has been waning for a while now. I just don't see that much of a difference between the two major parties and it just seems to me that only those who are prevetted by The TPTB even have a sniff of a chance. Good Thread. Shavedfish a reply to: arjunanda

top topics

<< 1   >>

join