It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Candida Diet

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I know this thread had died, but I just got a wonderful phone call a week early! The doc has my son's last round of test results and we go in this afternoon to discuss them. I'm hoping that everything came back negative. They wanted to get us in before Christmas, so I'm assuming its good news!

Sorry, I needed to share this with someone. The last two months have been absolute insanity, very expensive insanity. It has changed nearly all of our holiday traditions too. It's been quite the wake up call to realize how much food drives certain traditions. We have established some better habits and managed to heal up my boy, hopefully. A lot of things are going to change in general, but I'm excited that I may be able to make our sticky buns on Christmas morning, and maybe even a batch of almond cookies made with some coconut sugar.

My experience with this diet has been incredible. My son has gained health and strength, if not weight yet. We are all healthier for consuming tens of pounds of veggies. It has helped to heal up my system better from the celiac because we have focused so completely on healing foods for him. On the other hand, it was incredibly extreme, and not something anyone wants to undertake lightly. The ability to communicate with our doctor whenever I needed was invaluable. I love my doc anyway, but the fact that he was willing to provide info freely without an appointment has clinched it.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodsmom
a reply to: LevelHeaded

Stir fries are actually on my list too, I just forgot to list them. Thanks! They are so nice, and versatile.
Soups will be big too, it's an easy thing to prep and simmer most of the day. Of course this is the year that I didn't make broth. Looks like I might be pulling the canning stuff back out.

If trying to limit sugar in ones diet, I would think stir fries are the last thing to be eating considering
potatos are listed as a very high glycemic food (meaning it spikes blood sugar).
edit on 24-12-2014 by ufosareawesome because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufosareawesome

originally posted by: woodsmom
a reply to: LevelHeaded

Stir fries are actually on my list too, I just forgot to list them. Thanks! They are so nice, and versatile.
Soups will be big too, it's an easy thing to prep and simmer most of the day. Of course this is the year that I didn't make broth. Looks like I might be pulling the canning stuff back out.

If trying to limit sugar in ones diet, I would think stir fries are the last thing to be eating considering
potatos are listed as a very high glycemic food (meaning it spikes blood sugar).

Stir-fry is a method of cooking, nobody says you need to put potatoes in your stir fry (never even heard of someone doing that personally) or sugary sauces. Just some meat and non-starchy veggies fried at high heat in some oil. Perfect for low carb/sugar diets.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Activated charcoal is great for many intestinal /stomach etc requirements, it is safe and more than excellent at cleansing.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: James1982

That's absolutely right! Our stir fries contain plain meat and veggies. I usually cook them up in coconut oil with maybe a splash of olive oil. Some great ways to season them up are Braggs liquid aminos, or for a non soy base we have fallen in love with coconut aminos. Even a tiny sprinkle of coconut sugar or orange juice along with garlic and lots of ginger are great! The coconut sugar and orange juice were off limits on the diet of course.

a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I have come to rely on my activated charcoal with the celiac disease. It's he only way I can comfortably go eat anywhere but my home. It prevents so many of the immediate issues if I get contaminated. I honestly hadn't thought about giving it to my son. Thank you for the excellent suggestion. Sorry it took me so long to respond. We have been working out the fine tuning on his food allergies now. I wonder if the charcoal will help to counteract the effects of him accidentally ingesting his allergens as well. You may have just helped our rougher days out!!
edit on 10-2-2015 by woodsmom because: Added response

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join