It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer for Fort Kent nurse says she "WON'T" abide by quarantine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be ironic if she gets full blown Ebola withiin the 21 day period after all the posturing she's done. Then finally there will finally be forced quarantines for all returning health care workers. It's funny that the military returning are getting quarantined in Italy, yet they're not quarantining anyone here. Those healthcare workers are heroes for tending to those over there. They should continue their heroic ways and ensure nobody here gets it. You'd think that after the sickness and death they witnessed over there, they'd want to ensure it doesn't happen over here.
edit on 29-10-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I see the usual ATS ignorance is flowing freely again! Oh no sorry, the ATS Ebola "experts" who sit behind their laptops spouting forth about quarantine procedures.

Do you lot not think ? The Ebola outbreak in Africa has been going on for over a year. During that year irresepective of the number of cases, the medics (fairly fixed number until very very recently) have been treating the disease. Which means their exposure has been constant for over a year. They have not suddenly decided to visit home just now but have been doing so for over a year.

Now in case you don't get it , I'll say this as load as possible for those who suffer selective deafness:

THESE NUMBERS AND SITUATION MEAN THAT THAT NURSE IS AS LIKELY TO INFECT OTHERS AS EVERY SINGLE OTHER MEDIC HAS OVER THE PAST YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Total infections : ZERO
Reason : The Ebola medical experts are just that ATS members are not.

Every single "westerner" who has caught the disease has done so whilst treating infected patients. Every single "westerner" with the disease has been brought home, treated and survived.

Total infections due to this : ZERO

Total deaths from the disease Vehicular Impactitus in the last year in the US : > 30,000. That's more than Ebola in Africa!
edit on 29/10/2014 by yorkshirelad because: clarification

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

So you would go bowling with her?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
She's got issues.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Jainine

you know i'll probably get slammed for this, but here it goes.

you know how you get a impression of people when you first see them,one of the first thoughts i had when i saw some of the pictures of her other than the tent pictures.

first thought was she is a very vain and full of herself. she has no interest in helping others, it's all about her. it's all about me to her. one who enjoys doing things or fighting when people say no you can't do that or you have to do that.
she went there for bragging rights and the prestige, that comes in certain circles.

then i read her essay, tweets, and now this. those just confirm my suspicions. and as one post put it, with the video.
i can hear her going around singing "ain't nobody got time for that."

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

offspring, hell yea.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I see the usual ATS ignorance is flowing freely again!

That's how we roll,

edit on 083131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
While I tend to agree that she should be in quarantine , I see a problem.

I see lot's of people calling forced quarantine..,

I wonder how long until they start tossing us in the FEMA camps.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: XTexan
While I tend to agree that she should be in quarantine , I see a problem.

I see lot's of people calling forced quarantine..,

I wonder how long until they start tossing us in the FEMA camps.

Maybe if there were fewer medical professionals who had such blatant disregard for the safety of others then people wouldn't be calling for it.

The arrogance of these people really is amazing.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Mmmmm, nothing like like obvious derision for the board as whole coupled with half-baked "facts" and lots of CAPITAL, BOLD LETTERS WITH SUPERFLUOUS EXCLAMATION MARKS to make my morning complete.

When you present your opinion (yes, what you posted is opinion, not fact), next time try to do it without making yourself look like a complete arse.

On topic: Any healthcare worker who treated patients in affected countries should, without doubt, face a mandatory quarantine upon returning. Give them all the creature comforts they want. Hell set up an apartment complex somewhere specifically for holding returning healthcare workers. Pay them while they are in quarantine, feed them nice meals, give them warm blankets and access to the internet. Take CARE of them, but still quarantine them.

Just my OPINION.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: XTexan
Only because two of the HCWs who were supposed to self-quarantine/self-monitor behaved foolishly and got on public transportation.

Level 4 pathogens to not give two #s about "rights" or ego or politics or other entitled first-world justifications.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I can understand she was upset over her awaiting 'surprise! you're going into isolation!'. Nobody would want that kind of surprise. I think she would have done much better if she had known what to expect when she came back. If it's that odious to her, she could have spent the 21 days on an island with her lover, or some other country in a hotel with great room service, or whatever her highness prefers.

But since it did happen, I'm sure I would have 'bucked-up', and accepted it. Whatever happened to "the sacrifice of the one, for the good of the many". It just feels like the right thing to do. She is coming across as a bit of a strutting peacock.
edit on 10/29/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
An analogy to this forced quarantine business:

I hope all of you are willing to turn in your guns voluntarily, showing an abundance of caution. Even if it only prevents one gun death, it's worth it. Guns have killed many, many more people than ebola has - it's a proven fact that they are dangerous to the public. If you don't turn in your guns voluntarily, then you are just being selfish, thinking only about your own personal rights. It doesn't matter if you have never killed anyone, or have no intention of killing anyone. As far as the public knows, that could change tomorrow. You could get a brain tumor and lose your mind, and go on a shooting rampage. You should voluntarily relinquish your personal rights for the good of the whole. You can have your guns back after you die, when it is certain that you can no longer hurt anyone.

Or, how about this one:

You should be willing to give up your privacy by being monitored by the government. This is the only way to know for sure if you are planning to hurt other Americans. If you have nothing to hide, then it shouldn't be a problem for you. If you do have something to hide, then the public deserves to know about it. If you refuse to be monitored by the government, then you are just being selfish, thinking only about your own personal rights, instead of your community's well being. You should voluntarily give up your privacy for the good of the whole.

Don't want to do either of those things voluntarily? Then you should be forced. For the safety and well being of us all.
edit on 29-10-2014 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I posted this in the other thread about this lady, but didn't get any answers. Just an FYI also, I really am just curious how all who are saying it is no big deal would answer this question. I personally wouldn't risk it but hey, I'm just a keyboard Conspiracy Theorist hehe.

I'm just curious. How many of you espousing how hard Ebola is to catch would, in the event of mandatory quarantines and not self monitoring, open your homes to one of the exposed HCWs to wait out their 21 days? It's very hard to catch right?

Lil

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well, not surprisingly I disagree with the 'ATS experts'. She knows far more about the disease and its management than the lot of you put together. She has tested NEGATIVE not once but TWICE. Ain't about showing symptoms. She DOES NOT HAVE THE VIRUS. Never did. She is less risk that the two nurses recently released who tested negative for the virus after treatment because SHE never had the virus in her body and THEY did. She is being arbitrarily quarantined because some politicians want to look 'tough on Ebola' to their constituency. It's stupid. The policy flies in the face of the medical science. I'm amazed that a bunch of people who spend most of their time railing against government over-reach thinks state mandated quarantine of a professional health care worker who has twice tested negative for Ebola and who is self monitoring is no0t only reasonable but that SHE is being labeled 'unprofessional'. Unbelievable. Shades of the AIDs epidemic. Blind ignorance never dies.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lilroanie

I'm a trained medical professional and I would without hesitation.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

edit on 093131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: XTexan

It'll be a while they have to build the camps first.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Define "trained medical professional".

Are you a doctor, a nurse, an EMT, a firefighter? If you're gonna talk about your "credentials" be prepared to pony up the proof.

If not you're just another "keyboard warrior" like the rest of us.

I got a first aid badge in girl scouts. That makes me an expert too!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I'm not so sure many health care professionals know as much as you think they know, for instance my RN friend , I told her Ebola was in Texas she said

WHO?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join