It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer for Fort Kent nurse says she "WON'T" abide by quarantine

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AshleyD
As cruel as it may be, I'm inclined to agree with you.
It's a deadly disease and I don't think they really know for sure at what point it actually becomes contagious.
Maybe I'm wrong but why take that chance with the lives of those in your community or family for that matter.

This whole thing should of been nipped in the bud after it first started with quarantines and flight restrictions.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I rarely respond to these threads because of the absolute ignorance and fear mongering. Get a grip people and educate yourself and consider the facts before you post. How many have gotten Ebola from a returning healthcare worker...none.

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. Nurses are supposed to take an annual flu shot or lose their job, and this woman has been over in Africa treating Ebola patients and refuses to quarantine? Sounds about right.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
just want to point out that this woman was in west africa treating people whom have a very nasty virus (amongst other nasties i would imagine) so she is far from selfish ....she is the only one whom has been forced into quarantine so she has every right to be pissed off......and as another member pointed out she is well aware of ebola symptoms and effects......

if it was so easy to catch many people would have come down with it in the U.S by now and they simply haven't....unless of course the media are in full black out mode but that does not seem to be the case

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Calling someone who went to fight a terrible deadly disease in Africa selfish is some serious cognitive dissonance. Chris Christie is a great example of that. He diagnosed her from a distance despite getting mad at a doctor for doing the same in reverse with his weight. I guess a doctor giving health advice to Christie is awful but a politician with no background in medicine doing it to a trained medical professional is totally fine.

"The New Jersey governor is firing back at the former White House doctor who recently commented on his needing to lose weight, saying she has never examined him and should conduct herself “more responsibly than that.” "

www.today.com...

More importantly the real reason they don't want to impose strict quarantines on health workers or not shut down travel into or out of west Africa is because it worsens the epidemic there.

Less health workers means fewer Ebola patients getting treated thus increasing the chance for it to spread as well as causing more deaths.

Banning travel would cause huge economic problems and increase the lack of critical supplies like food which is already a problem.

www.independent.co.uk...

It's a complex situation and the worst thing that can happen is total societal breakdown or rebellion/coup. If infected people flee the affected countries it will spread to the rest of the world much more easily.

It's impossible to quarantine entire nations so doing everything possible to keep the situation under control is the best way to keep us all safe. It's a shame so many people in the world (even the "educated" West) are too short sighted or self centered to approach things from a compassionate or at least just a reasoned, logical viewpoint.

The Ebola outbreak is yet another example of how the real problems facing our planet stem from selfishness, fear, hatred and other negative emotions. We all need to work on that, myself included. Until we realize that every human is part of the same family and we all live in the same house, things will only get worse as globalization increases.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This morning.

Nurse Kaci Hickox Doesn't Intend to Obey Maine Ebola Quarantine: Report

Maine health officials are prepared to "pursue legal authority" to enforce a quarantine Tuesday as reports surfaced that Kaci Hickox, a nurse who treated Ebola patients in Sierra Leone and shows no symptoms of the virus, doesn't intend to obey the quarantine.

"We do not want to have to legally enforce in-home quarantine," Mary Mayhew, commissioner of the state Health and Human Services Department, said at a news conference. She wouldn't comment on Hickox's case specifically, but Hickox's attorney told the Bangor Daily News that his client — who was quarantined against her will in New Jersey upon her return to the U.S. — "doesn't want to agree to continue to be confined to a residence" beyond two days.

Lets see how long it takes for the health autorities in Maine to cave.

Ya know, maybe she's fighting this so hard because she wasn't really here with ebola patients at all and just can't/won't admit that.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

If she wasn't really there. Then, her actions now, are setting a dangerous precedent for other arrogant returning health care workers who think they too, shouldn't have to self quarantine. This is a slippery slope apparently being pushed by political agendas.

Des

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
From what I've been seeing these healthcare workers seem to be getting ill a week or two AFTER coming back to the states. How do we know she won't get Ebola next week?

I think the conditions they quarantined her in were wrong but I do think she needs to abide by the rules of Maine and be under 'house arrest'. At least she's in her own home and can have others bring her food to leave on her doorstep.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AshleyD
The darker side.of me secretly hopes she comes down with the virus just to calm her ego down.

I am ashamed to say, I feel the same way. She's on such an ego trip and she's so selfish. I found myself hoping she gets sick so that some realization may creep into her brain about how ignorant she's behaving. It bothers me that I'm thinking this way because I usually don't wish harm on anyone. But these health workers who are displaying such arrogant stupidity brings out the worst in me.

So far we have the ebola nurse who flew across the country on a shopping trip while sick; and we have the Dallas tech who went on a Mexican cruise while supposedly in quarantine; we have an ebola infected doctor going around NYC on the subway so he could go to restaurants and bowling; and we have this selfish nurse just back from Africa and working with Ebola patients refusing to self quarantine.

There is a serious lack of common sense going on. These health care providers are supposed to care about others. I'm not seeing that happening.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
Calling someone who went to fight a terrible deadly disease in Africa selfish is some serious cognitive dissonance.

No, it's just the truth. Her actions in going to fight the disease is now overshadowed by her selfish behavior upon her return. Whatever her motivations may or may not have been that took her to Africa to be a nurse, her disregard for the safety of her fellow Americans in this country is beyond ignorant and selfish.

It makes me wonder about her motivations for going to Africa in the first place. What were her real motivations and how much thought did she put into it before going into that situation.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Then send her to jail and let her sit there for the time, then appear in court for violating the law and endangering the public health, along with a few other laws. They have the laws on the books, and I think it is time that it be used.

Side note, from what I hear, she is having to lay low right now, as those in her home town are not wanting to do much with her, and are avoiding her like she has the plague.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Tell her that the quarantine is completely optional, but if she sets foot outside her door in the next 21 days she will be shot and her corpse hit with a flamethrower.

As for food and other needed supplies in other countries, I seem to recall that the Air Force has quite a number of C130's, parachutes and crates for dropping supplies without having to land at all.

And speaking of military, Delta and Virgin airlines do not have to be the only way to get healthcare workers in and out of a hot zone. All branches are pretty good at doing that sort of thing as well.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I am finding my thoughts at the moment running along the same line.
make everyone scared to death of this disease and then bring in a nurse that was in the hotspot who refused the quarentine order and get everyone demanding the gov't has more power to quarentine the people.

mind you I wouldn't be thinking this way if the gov't didn't appear so incompetent in dealing with the whole thing but it does seem that they want it to appear that ebola is about to run rampant in the US while well quietly sits back and does things like this:
www.washingtontimes.com...

it's like the horrid terrorists that are so jealous of our freedoms if they were a real threat would they be allowing a mass of people to flow into the country unchecked?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

It's illogical to think we can't take common sense measures here and still help there. To suggest otherwise is manipulative and politically self-serving. Any HCW in the field for the right reason and not just money or ego should grasp the concerns since we're talking about a level 4 pathogen.

Why is the health and safety of the U.S. being so inextricably tied to W. Africa?

We are told over and over again that "The only way to stop it here is to stop it there". Sorry, but that's a damn lie. We can stop it here *and* there.

But this BS of shoving the risks and politics of Ebola down our throats in order to get some money or attention for the plight of W. Africa borders on extortion.

edit on 10/29/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/29/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

It's hard to believe that any attorney would advise his client to do this and/or intentionally release this information to the general public. For what reason?

my best guess is one that's trying to make a name for themselves and increase their billing potential, by being able to claim that they were the attorney of record if a landmark court decision is made. if not he still gets paid.

edit on 29-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Any HCW in the field for the right reason and not just money or ego should grasp the concerns since we're talking about a level 4 pathogen.

That's why I'm now questioning her motives for going to Africa in the first place. If she went to help and be unselfish, then she'd be acting very differently upon return to the USA. Her actions upon returning here do not match the actions of a person who would go to Africa to help. So what was her real motive for going? I wish I knew.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: MrLimpet

Forced isolation and pull her license permanently.

This is one irresponsible person. I wouldn't want her treating me for anything.

Agreed.

And if she is found to be infection free following forced quarantine (NOT at home, as she has more than demonstrated her contempt for such an arrangement to be trusted to fulfil the quarantine adequately) then place her on trial for public endangerment and gross professional incompetence.

She is such a tosspot, it's unbelievable she has any training in infectious diseases at all.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I don't know why she is so adamant, especially when it comes down to protecting her friends and family, I don't get it,

She sounds so sure of herself, makes me wonder

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Quite apart from the conspiratorial aspects you mention, (getting people used to the idea of quarantine etc) the whole concept of quarantining people who MAY be infected after returning from areas which are actually heavily infected is JUST COMMON SENSE and protecting the general public from infection...it is not a sinister ploy, it's common medical practice...or at least it used to be!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Just heard that Dr. that came down with it lied to authorities, claiming he isolate himself when in fact he didn't, something is up.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join