It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

60 Minutes Segment - Nurse says Duncan died on Saturday, not Wednesday

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

There absolutely was a cut....surely you didn't miss it...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This guy quoted what I couldn't.

originally posted by: nataylor
Might want to rewatch the video. Obviously the original was edited poorly as to the timing. It's now clear he's talking about Duncan dying October 8th:

John Mulligan: He was intubated.

Scott Pelley: Tube down his throat?

John Mulligan: Tube down his throat, he had a dialysis catheter placed because he was not making any urine, but he needed to. And so I was in charge on those two days, so I was not in the anteroom. But at that point, we had five people back there, one of them being a respiratory therapist to manage the ventilator and four nurses taking two-hour shifts in the room because he had become so critically ill. And I've been doing this a long time. I've never seen a four-to-one-patient in an ICU. That's how sick he was. We got through that weekend. I had heard some promising reports through the news and came back on October 8 and was the primary nurse again. Went through our protocol, showered and dressed in the disposable scrubs and put my Tyvek suit on and was double and triple checked by my team back there, the night shift team and the day shift team. There was already a night shift nurse in the room, one had just come out. So we kind of tagged off so we'd always have two in the room. And I got a report at the bedside from her. And I told her to go home to her children. She, you know, we'd been working 16, 18-hour days. By the time you get through this whole process, you've been here 18 hours and you're tired and you've got to come back in 10 hours to do it again. And I turned around and I looked at Mr. Duncan in the bed. And at that point my partner had come in and he was still intubated. He was on a lot of medication to support his blood pressure and his circulatory system. And he was heavily sedated and he had tears running down his eyes, rolling down his face, not just normal watering from a sedated person. This was in the form of tears. And I grabbed a tissue and I wiped his eyes and I said, "You're going to be okay. You just get the rest that you need. Let us do the rest for you." And it wasn't 15 minutes later I couldn't find a pulse. And we did what was called a chemical code, per his request prior to him ever getting so sick. He did not want chest compressions done. He did not want us to shock him if he went into a lethal rhythm because he knew that that would put him at a higher risk. And that was a conversation he had with one of my pulmonologists that was on his case. And the three of us in that room chemically coded him. I pushed the drugs, knowing they weren't going anywhere and I lost him. And it was the worst day of my life. This man that we cared for, that fought just as hard with us lost his fight. And his family couldn't be there. And we were the last three people to see him alive. And I was the last one to leave the room. And I held him in my arms. He was alone.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Really a "food for thought" OP and some good info to consider.

Can we believe a single word from anyone in any position of authority anymore?

So many lies, the cover ups, the BS from every direction!

I always say follow the money.

In this instance,I'm truly worried something more ominous is brewing.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
everybody saying that it's been edited read the transcript.
transcript's can be edited to.

and this is CBS, anybody remember Dan Rather.
a saying comes to mind, don't let the facts stand in the way of a good story.
edit on 27-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Can you please provide an uncut video?

That would certainly put this confusion to rest.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
a reply to: raymundoko

Can you please provide an uncut video?

That would certainly put this confusion to rest.

The video on the CBS website is uncut, now. It's one continuous shot with that part of the transcript I posted, where the nuse says Duncan died on the 8th. Obviously, an earlier version was edited differently, probably because the nurse is rambling a bit there.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

This is the full video.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Thanks for the link.

Cant understand the reasoning for someone to edit the original.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

Because the program is only 60 minutes...

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I work for Texas health Presbyterian Hospital but at a different location. No one is really talking internally about Mr. Duncan. Medical staff usually talk privately about cases despite HIPAA laws but I think people are scared to even bring it up this time.
reply to: LukeDAP

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ricollie
I work for Texas health Presbyterian Hospital but at a different location. No one is really talking internally about Mr. Duncan. Medical staff usually talk privately about cases despite HIPAA laws but I think people are scared to even bring it up this time.

Hi Ricollie-

Can you clarify your post? What do you mean by working at a different location? A different wing of the hospital or actually at a different hospital? Also, why are they too scared to bring up the subject of Duncan?

I live in Dallas, too, and am really intrigued by your statements.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmethystWolf
a reply to: raedar

Good question - and how did Duncan's family not get infected? I don't buy any of it.

I've considered that maybe those nurses were not even sick - maybe they were put in our view as sick then cured to dispel fears and show that people with Ebola can get well. None of this makes sense...

I feel the exact same way about Duncan's fiancee, Louise Troh. She took care of him while he was vomiting and going diarrhea. From what I gather that is an extremely contagious stage of the disease. And the fact the nurse is claiming Duncan died on Saturday, a full 4 days earlier than officially reported, makes it seem he was more ill before being hospitalized. How did Louise not get infected?!

Here's the mystery part of the whole thing: You may be hearing from her children and it was reported that her children were seen at the protest outside the hospital, but Louise did not attend, even though her relatives and friends did, too. And not just that, but no one would give out their name so the news said her children were there, reportedly. They're not even positive the children attended the protest.

The pastor just did an interview yesterday on CNN and talked about how Louise made her first church service appearance since being quarantined and the camera showed her walking with two little ones. But...lo and behold, a tree branch completely blocked her face from view! How convenient.

Why is the pastor doing all these interviews? Why not Louise herself, if she definitely needs the money to start over again? I imagine you can make a lot of money giving interviews.

I still don't believe she's okay. Nothing I have seen so far is proof that she's out and about.
edit on 28-10-2014 by texasgirl because: Added more

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
People with Ebola do get well. Thousands in west Africa have recovered and some of them are donating blood to help still others recover.
What do you suppose the real truth about Duncan's family is? That they really did get sick? That they couldn't get sick because he didn't have it? That they got sick but recovered? That they are all dead? Which part don't you buy? Which part if any do you believe is true? Some of it has to be true doesn't it? And last question I promise, Couldn't that one nurse the one and only person who said Saturday, couldn't that have been an error?
Sorry for the quiz I'm just trying to clarify your thoughts on the sequence of events. Thanks.

reply to: AmethystWolf

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

The nurse did NOT claim that Duncan died Saturday.
The video in the OP was altered.
The link to the full CBS video above shows that first he was talking about Saturday, then about Wednesday, the day he died.
The video in the OP removied part of the interview to make it look like the nurse was saying something that he was not.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ricollie

Thanks for that. I was hoping someone nearby or closer to this case would chime in. Wonder what all the fear is about?? Why can no one say for sure which day he died?? Hopefully, if you just 'happen to overhear anything', you can let us know?? TY for the info Ricollie

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

The thing is I don't even know which is the real truth, there are so many possibilities. The handling of this hasn't given me any confidence at all that we are hearing the truth. I have a healthy dose of skepticism (hence my participation at ATS) but I don't claim to have any answers. It's just that too much doesn't add up. As to your last question - The nurse isn't the only one - a news source from Israel reported it widely on that Saturday too. If it was just he nurse, without that previous news story that was subsequently 'corrected' it would be a little different IMO. In summary, I don't know - but I know enough to question the official versions.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
But it is true that no one at his apartment complex got sick. There was no way they could cover that up. No one on his plane or at the airports he traveled through, no one who handled his bags got sick either. If he was further along in his illness why didn't anyone else get sick? I'm pretty sure that the two nurses got sick not because he was further along than thought, though there is no specific timeline from when symptoms present and death occurs, I'm pretty sure they got sick because they were inadequately protected.
What would be the point of lying about two nurses getting sick if they didn't get sick? Wouldn't it have been better if Duncan was the only one?
They didn't need to show that people could recover from Ebola. There were already people in west Africa who had recovered. The world already knew that some people survive it and they sure didn't need to enforce the idea that recovery in the United states was more likely. That would just open the floodgates for sick people to get here and get here fast.
a reply to: texasgirl

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I didn't notice a cut when I watched the video the first time before posting. So, are you saying that CBS has replaced the video with one that is uncut now? Why not the other way around - maybe they realized they done f'd up and 'corrected' their mistake.

Orwell was just about 30 years off I guess - It REALLY bugs me when news is changed after the fact.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AmethystWolf

How are people saying they don't notice the cut?

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Is that true? What's the point of that? Why do people feel the needs to deceive others? Ugh. Makes me so mad. a reply to: BlueAjah

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join