It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama - no quarantine of ebola HC workers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Yes, three weeks more is an additional hardship. 

So much for altruism, eh?

You poor African people are not worth my time.... That is what it boils down to.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Bilk22

Can anyone give a valid reason why this shouldn't be done?
Yes. A couple.

1) Because without symptoms there is no contagiousness. It's pointless to quarantine people with no symptoms.

2) Because imposing a quarantine on health workers will discourage them from volunteering provide aid in west Africa.

Sorry:

Ebola Incubation Period The Ebola incubation period is the period between infection with the virus and the appearance of symptoms associated with the disease. The incubation period can be as short as 2 days or as long as 21 days. A person is still contagious during this time.

ebola.emedtv.com...

No symptoms means nothing.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Astronauts are quarantined for 10 days before every launch.
The quarantine is 7 days and it's not to prevent others from getting sick.

Those that landed on the mood were quarantined.
Only Apollo 11. But for a ride to the Moon I would have not complained either.

There's no defense against quarantining workers who come into direct contact with this contagion. None. Zero!
There are a lot of people who disagree with you. Others who know a lot more about the disease than you do.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Oh I'm sure you know the symptoms can take up to three weeks to manifest themselves, right?

Longer than that in some cases. So what? Unless there are symptoms a person is not contagious.

Yes they are contagious:

Ebola Incubation Period The Ebola incubation period is the period between infection with the virus and the appearance of symptoms associated with the disease. The incubation period can be as short as 2 days or as long as 21 days. A person is still contagious during this time.
ebola.emedtv.com...

www.wnd.com...

NEW YORK – A group of German medical doctors in a peer-reviewed medical journal article published by Oxford University Press have challenged a key assumption regarding the Ebola virus repeatedly asserted by Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta. The researchers found that a patient showing no symptoms of the disease can still transmit a virus like Ebola by air if droplets containing the virus are transmitted to another person by a sneeze or cough. Read more at www.wnd.com...

Peace

edit on 26-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Oh I'm sure you know the symptoms can take up to three weeks to manifest themselves, right?

Longer than that in some cases. So what? Unless there are symptoms a person is not contagious.

But ... they are still a Class IV vector ... and you CANNOT trust the infected. Spade.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

So punish them...... Put them in prison. Your health and safety concerns are extreme to say the least.

Doctors and nurses are responsible people and they should be allowed to self-monitor. The non-medical people should maybe quarantined but not health workers. The reason you people are freaking out over ebola is because you have little or no experience of dealing with this type of disease. i.e contagious but lethal. Medical staff are now learning quickly about how to manage this disease.

You have nothing to fear but your imagination.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Sometimes the things people will do and say to draw a paycheck are limitless and can be very void of substance but we all gotta eat.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Yes, three weeks more is an additional hardship. 

So much for altruism, eh?

You poor African people are not worth my time.... That is what it boils down to.
Nigeria already beat this disease by shutting the border crossings from effected countries and quarantining, yet we're just getting started with the outbreak. Now that some reasonable measures are being implemented, out fearless leader wants to undermine them.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Sorry:
Sorry. eMedTV is contradicted by more authoritative sources.

The incubation period, that is, the time interval from infection with the virus to onset of symptoms is 2 to 21 days. Humans are not infectious until they develop symptoms.

www.who.int...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Nigeria already beat this disease by shutting the border crossings from effected countries and quarantining, yet we're just getting started with the outbreak.

No. Nigeria "beat" the disease because they had the resources to treat the few cases that appeared.
edit on 10/26/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
patients with Ebola seem to had suffered with ultimate denial. Sawyer refused the idea and peed on nurses, a nurse took a flight in fever and went to bridal store, one went to cruise ship and a outgoing doctor who had fever but still went to bowling and took uber cab and dined in a restaurant and propably used a toilet there too. Some broke the self guarantine and had a take over food.. there is propably more that we don´t know about.. just few to be remembered.

Is it safe to be unguarantined.. NO
edit on 26-10-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed

So punish them...... Put them in prison. Your health and safety concerns are extreme to say the least.

Doctors and nurses are responsible people and they should be allowed to self-monitor. The non-medical people should maybe quarantined but not health workers. The reason you people are freaking out over ebola is because you have little or no experience of dealing with this type of disease. i.e contagious but lethal. Medical staff are now learning quickly about how to manage this disease.

We'll have you be their first stop on the way home

They're learning now? You mean they went all the way to Africa to treat this deadly disease and didn't know the protocols? Maybe that's why they got sick. Maybe they should have stayed home rather than endanger even more people.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Nigeria already beat this disease by shutting the border crossings from effected countries and quarantining, yet we're just getting started with the outbreak.

No. Nigeria "beat" the disease because they had the resources to treat the few cases that appeared.
And how did they contain it to "the few" by implementing the measures I posted ?

Come on you're really not making sense here. You have a reputation to uphold

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ispyed

Doctors and nurses are responsible people

I work wth doctors and nurses every day ... and heartily disagree. The doc and his nurse who were caught having sex in the rectory may not agree. But, the chaplain and the CO ... no doubt they're with me on this one. LOL

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed

1. No one is saying PUNISH.

2. Self Monitor accomplishes nothing if symptoms can take 2-3 weeks to show.

3. To be fair, the medical people have little to no experience either. We've seen that.

There are 2 REAL Dangers here. One is the group of people who fear monger. I agree. The second is the group who can't accept the possibility of it being more than their reality will allow so they Demand to be heard from everyone as well.

Only this also might also be the wrong message to spread.

No one is wrong here. No one is right. Because no one knows anything unless we get it from "Sources".

I just suggest we share, learn and only then can we come to a plan...whichever the truth might be.

Plan 1. Run

Plan 2. Don't run

Peace

edit on 26-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

And how did they contain it to "the few" by implementing the measures I posted ?
By isolating people who were showing symptoms and monitoring others who were exposed.
www.internationalsos.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

It does matter.
Are you willing to let one of them live with you until they have symptoms?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: catt3
I don't usually have house guests I don't know but if it was a member of my family, yes.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I understand if it's your family. But are you willing to take in guests? I wouldn't.
edit on 10/26/2014 by catt3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: catt3

No one is asking you to.
These health care workers have homes. Homes and family they left to go to Africa.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join